• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2020 Transfer Deadline Day

How do you expect DD to go for Arsenal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I don't see a confident man at all! He just seems hopefull that the club will actually get something right, which right now, looks like they've failed.
Yeah notice the shift in his comments from after the Liverpool game where he said, "There's no magic, you need to add quality" to his comments now. Sounds like he's been given the message from the higher-ups to tone down his demands and work with what he has. Question is how long he's willing to do that. He is a very ambitious man after all. Maybe 2 seasons? 3 at most. After that if he doesn't get the backing, he'll go somewhere else.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don’t believe this crap the club are feeding the media that we’re broke. Can we not afford to pay the release clause of Lorenzo Pellegrini? It’s reported to be 27m.

Aouar might be unattainable at this stage of the window but even someone like Pellegrini would still improve our play, we’re currently relying on a washed up Willian to be our creative spark.
We currently if confirmed kola deal have 15m+ net spent and we were agreed 50m with lyon before Aouar decided to stay so money is there to spend at least for 1 good signing.

AndStill

Was he though? He was doing fine until Charles Watt's last question. After that his composure started to go a little and he seemed visibly frustrated. Watch from 8:20 onwards

Looks like you’re right, he mentions limited time period etc and the need to be realistic once he was pressed further. However I’d have expected him to try and manage fan expectations as we are an emotional bunch, guess he’s also learning on the job.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Should have lost yesterday and flew some Vinai Out planes :( damn you arteta and your good management skills. :lol:

AndStill

Even say we activate Partey release clause do we have time to complete it?
Mate why would we have left it to the last day if we had the cash? Everyone gave reasons like it was a negotiating tactic with Lyon lol but truthfully we don’t have hard cash upfront and owners won’t dip into their pockets in Covid environment. clearly were don’t want to borrow any money either with no fans so this was only possible with decent outgoings etc for Gendouzi and others

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Knew this thread was gonna be a train wreck. :lol:

12 pages of deleted tweets and zero information about transfers.

Might as well be renamed AM goes into meltdown.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Jorginho isn't coming he not what we need first and 2nd Chelsea seem not signing any midfield they won't strengthen top 4 rival.

Malky

Established Member
Yeah notice the shift in his comments from after the Liverpool game where he said, "There's no magic, you need to add quality" to his comments now. Sounds like he's been given the message from the higher-ups to tone down his demands and work with what he has. Question is how long he's willing to do that. He is a very ambitious man after all. Maybe 2 seasons? 3 at most. After that if he doesn't get the backing, he'll go somewhere else.
He's spoke for months about what type of players are needed and the quality he wants to add to the side, he's made no secret about that. That video he just looks like he's clinging onto hope that the club might get something done, but now it looks unlikely.
Really feel for the guy, because if this is what he's faced with for the rest of the season then he's been hung out to dry here. Why take the risk with a young, inexperienced manager, then not give him some proper backing? We shown more support in the backing of Emery when most could see he was clueless, even the players didn't believe in what he was trying to do.
There's a shortage of top young managers in football right now, if we continue like this ours won't be here for long.

AndStill

Take this window aside, how confident are we with Edu and Co leading negotiations in the future? Every window will be a ****show like this

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Arteta and Edu destroyed us this window. Hording **** defenders, driving away any depth in midfield we had just because Arteta had a problem with them only to replace them with El-Neny. I've already given up hope on a top four challenge, but if we don't at least significantly improve on last season I don't care how much of a tactical genius they are or what masterplan they had in mind they need to get in the bin along with that gimp Vinai.

Malky

Established Member
Arteta and Edu destroyed us this window. Hording **** defenders, driving away any depth in midfield we had just because Arteta had a problem with them only to replace them with El-Neny. I've already given up hope on a top four challenge, but if we don't at least significantly improve on last season I don't care how much of a tactical genius they are or what masterplan they had in mind they need to get in the bin along with that gimp Vinai.
Arteta's the problem? Get the **** out of here with this ****!

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Take this window aside, how confident are we with Edu and Co leading negotiations in the future? Every window will be a ****show like this
Edu got no experience in Europe market we let go raul who was leading negotiations of our club and didn't replace him so I'm not surprised about the results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom