• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2020 Transfer Deadline Day

How do you expect DD to go for Arsenal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Awh man, was hoping today will be a day of madness...

Both Partey and Aouar in. The rush is starting to wear off :lol:
this morning he said partey unlikely bare any late changes. It can go fast. Aulas is running out of time.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
If we get top four this season, Aouar is 100% a go next summer, if we get nothing he's going to piss in our pizza and laugh all the way to madrid or juve.

Raúl Banteros

I think we need the expert opinion of @Raúl Banteros on this one.

He’s a sh*t player anyway and we don’t want him. We only want titans like Torreira who can maximise our potential as whipping boys for the top 2.

He’s slow, crap at passing and he never called Simeone the Don like he was asked to.

Maldigo al Arsenal y Tony Pulis del País Vasco por toda la eternidad.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If Aulas doesn't get what he wants from other players and we get good cash from Sok/Torreira and Kolasinac then we could go back in for Aouar I have no doubt. Talk is cheap, if you put the money on the table then it gets done.

Axel9090

If he helps get us top 4 and more, it will be worth it. Also only one more year of being mugged off by Özil!
Yeh those are valid points but hes a DM and they dont really get paid big like that, which is why its surprising if we cave in to that demand.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I'll not get my hopes up until it's on .com but what a thrill ride, lads.

On the one hand we're getting a much needed athletic number 6 with adequate passing and ball carrying, on the other, Gunnersaurus died today.

Not getting a n.8 sucks, but then again Partey is a player that @Mitch doesn't rate and we're getting him because Kola and Sokratis are leaving...

Honestly don't know how to feel right now.

Never said that i didnt rate him. I said i think hes closer to Wanyama level than Vieira and Toure level people make him out to be.

Also stated that players of his attributes and role have proven to be big gambles for PL teams.

I recognise he give us athleticism and a direct ribbler in cm but in my opinion our need for a creative player is greater than a player of his attributes.

Also said I think he turns over possesion too often with sloppy passing which is a pet hate of mine (e.g my criticism of Ramsey, Diaby and Song in the past)

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Be excited that we’re getting Partey, but unfortunately we’re not bringing in any other major signing. Any players we sell or loan out will be to balance the wage books. I fancy that we will try for Aouar next summer, as he is another big Arteta target. Have hope that the addition of Partey to the squad and Arteta’s magic can get us top 4. I do.

I still think we don't badly need a 2nd CMF addition if we go with 3 atb this season.

Partey, Ceballos & Xhaka are enough for 2 midfield roles, Willock being the 4th backup.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah so how exactly are Spanish release clauses paid? I thought it had to be done in person at the offices. Is there still time to do it?

Im assuming we’ve met the league office already but it’s such a legal quagmire who knows where we are with it right now.

Iceman10

Established Member

Ok, this complicated equation suggests Partey RC plus 50m Euros fee for Aouar together was just beyond the limit of our finances. Shame that Aulas couldn’t be flexible over a deal for Aouar, but that’s how it goes sometimes, and with this all making sense now it gives me a bit more confidence in the club having a plan and knowing what it was doing over the last two weeks, i.e. no panic moves with any of this.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
He won't be getting 250 a week. Come on, dont you guys realize that's always the go to number recently to make it look like we're overrating the players that we're signing?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Yeh those are valid points but hes a DM and they dont really get paid big like that, which is why its surprising if we cave in to that demand.

There has been talk of him wanting a huge salary. I guess the club decided he was worth it. On paper he should be worth it, we'll see!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If you take a step back you'll see this formation looks a bit like a question mark, but what's the question? Premier League Champions 2020/21??

EjkgLLkXsAA5WAl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom