• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Formation 20/21 Season

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
formation-05-10-2020-22-25-42.png
I like this team but I'd probably stick Willian in Saka's position, move him wide and put Auba up front. The MF looks better but we feel a bit lacking up front.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I like this team but I'd probably stick Willian in Saka's position, move him wide and put Auba up front. The MF looks better but we feel a bit lacking up front.

Yeah I just don't think Arteta will do it although last game was promising

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The system will change game by game 100% but Partey now unlocks the 4231 and 433 for us on a more regular basis. What. A. Signing.

Leno
Bellerin - Luiz - Gabriel - Tierney - AMN/Saka
Partey - Xhaka
Pepe/Willian - Laca - Auba

Leno
Bellerin - Luiz - Gabriel - Tierney
Xhaka
Partey - Ceballos/Saka
Pepe - Auba - Willian

Leno
Bellerin - Luiz - Gabriel - Tierney
Partey - Xhaka/Ceballos
Pepe - Willian - Saka
Auba
Swap Laca/Auba/Saka/Willian/Pepe where necessary and Nketiah can be in there as well. Elite options now, fanbloodytastic.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Leno
Bellerin Mari Gabriel Tierney
Xhaka Partey Ceballos
Pepe Auba Willian

This should be our best line up a defense that have height and can easily play from back balanced midfield and balanced attack.

You have guys like Saka Lacazette Martinelli when fully fit can also easily start games depend on opponent Arteta got few good options

blaze_of_glory

Leno
Xhaka Partey Ceballos
Pepe Auba Willian

This should be our best line up a defense that have height and can easily play from back balanced midfield and balanced attack.

You have guys like Saka Lacazette Martinelli when fully fit can also easily start games depend on opponent Arteta got few good options
Pretty much agree other than I'm not sure we've any real reason to think Mari will end up starting over Luiz when they're both fit. Also think Saka's performances may see him as first choice over Willian (or Pepe if he doesn't push on) sooner rather than later.

pakgunner

Leno
Bellerin. Mari. Gabriel Tierney
Partey xhaka
Ceballos
Pepe. Saka
Aubameyang

4231 Saka at home Willian away
Laca starts group matches of UEL only. Willian can play CAM as well.

Gegen Pressing

Slower than a turtle up the mountain, I am evolving from 3-4-3/3-3-3-1 to 4-2-3-1 formation

--------Auba--------
Saka--Willian--Pepe
--Xhaka-Partey--
Tierney-Gabriel-luiz-Bellerin

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Partey in the RCM position should really help out Pepe. He will feed Pepe with progressive runs and passes and provide defensive cover for him.

On the left hand side I'd like to see Saka on LCM as the creative midfielder, interchanging with Willian on LW. They both have a high work rate and contribute defensively, while together they should add some creativity to the side. Would be tempted to play both ESR and Saka on those positions against lesser sides.

Ideally, we have a press resistant DM behind them with a good passing range. Xhaka is not press resistant but has a good passing range, Ceballos is more press resistant and has improved defensively, Elneny is possibly the most press resistant of the three but has the most limited passing range. Toss up between Ceballos and Elneny for now.

I don't rate our strikers as starters (still think Nketiah is a solid back-up but not ready as a starter) other than Aubameyang, so I want him to move centrally with two wingers to support him.

In defense we're quite solid. Bellerin is improving, Tierney and Gabriel look solid on the left. I just think Luiz is a total liability in a back four. He looked really uncomfortable and when we don't park the bus he's exposed as a defender. Good non-footballing qualities, but he really shouldn't start. Shame Saliba is having personal issues. I would actually opt for Mustafi over Luiz at this point.

That gets me to:

Willian - Aubameyang - Pepe
Saka - Partey
Ceballos/Elneny
Tierney - Gabriel - Mustafi(Saliba) - Bellerin
Leno​

I would be tempted to play Maitland-Niles in CDM for his defensive qualities and athletic ability, but it seems he will never get a chance there.

Manberg

Predator
Hey guys, I made profile here to ask this one because from yesterday I am wondering will Xhaka loss his role with Partey coming?

Please, make me happy :D

No. It allows a Partey, Xhaka and Ceballos midfield. Xhaka is going to be more important than ever.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Leno
Xhaka Partey Ceballos
Pepe Auba Willian

Doubt we will see two left-footed CBs play together. Both Gabriel and Mari look very left-footed too.

nemanja93

In any formation, Xhaka and Partey is going to be our core.
In 3-4-3 there is not space for all of them if you count winger should defend and attack. only in formation with 4 defenders we are able to mix all of them (Xhaka, Partey, Ceballos) in first team.

I think Arteta prefers formation with 3 CB and 2 full back.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
433 static shape, allowing more attackers on the field. In game, I still expect to see 235 in attack and our tight defensive.

League and latter competition stages team.

Aubameyang----Martinelli------Pepe
-------------Willian-----Ceballos
--------------------Partey
Tierney-----Gabriel----Luiz---------Bellerin
---------------------Leno

Europa League and FA Cup team, I'd expect to see the same shape, so that our players understand their roles.

Martinelli-------Lacazette--------Nelson
-------Saka/Özil----------Xhaka
-------------------Elneny
AMN-------Mari--------Saliba----------Cedric
-------------------Runnarson

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Go for 4 3 3

Leno
Bellerin Gabriel (1of7remainingCBs)
Tierney

Ceballos Partey Saka
Willian/Pepe Laca/Nketiah Auba

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Doubt we will see two left-footed CBs play together. Both Gabriel and Mari look very left-footed too.
Yeah Mari could be easily replaced with Luiz why i put Mari because hopefully he better than holding mustafi and Luiz play in 4 at back. Saliba won't be featured alot this season.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Reckon we'll continue to see 3-4-3 for a while as it's something we seem comfortable in now. In matches against weaker opponents it will look more like 4-3-3 in defence with Saka as LWB/LCM and against top 6 it'll look more like 5-4-1 in defence with AMN at LWB.

Attacking will be a 2-3-5 in both scenarios.

Leno
Luiz - Gabriel - Tierney
Bellerin - Ceballos - Partey - Saka/AMN
Willian - Nketiah/Laca - Auba

Leno
Luiz - Gabriel
Ceballos - Partey - Saka
Bellerin - Willian - Nketiah/Laca - Auba - Tierney
Think the back 3 is set. Xhaka will rotate with Ceballos and Partey with Elneny (to a lesser extent).

Pepe as an impact sub, but if he keeps performing like in last game we'll see a front 3 of Pepe - Auba - Willian with Willian dropping back in attack while Saka pushes forward.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom