• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Expectations for the season

Expectations for the season?

• Total voters

morpho

Established Member
This season is all about showing spirit imo. Of course, anything but a CL spot is below of our standards, but to be honest I would be happy if I were to believe we could win against anyone, again.

Kav

Established Member
Hope: 3rd place and 2 cups.

Expectation: 4th and Europa

This is depending on us getting in a CB, DM,LW, and clearing out a few players.

OSBK

Established Member
5th, i dont see us having a good enough window to make us stronger than city,pool,chelsea,utd.

Our saving grace next season is that if ole stays at utd then there is every chance they will crumble at some point.

say yes

forum master baiter
Much too early for this thread ffs.

With a good transfer window we could push as high as third. Without one, we might be stuck outside the top 6 again.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
If we buy Gabriel and a good defensive midfielder, there is no reason we cannot compete with all the other teams except Liverpool and City. Lot depends on this window. If we do sign them, I expect us to be in top 4. Without them, I expect us to be in top 6.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In my opinion we currently have the 3rd best manager in the league. Which will be a huge factor, he's much better than both Ole and Lampard. The players now respect him as they've seen how good he actually is. They'll work hard for Arteta and there's no alternative.

Squad wise right now with the business that's been done from all teams we would challenge for top 4. Thats over a full season with Arteta and our signings from last summer bedded in.

However there's 7 weeks of the transfer window left, so much can change.

If United get Sancho they've still got a dodgy defence and DM. If Chelsea get their targets they've still got a defensively inept manager and pretty dodgy defence and keeper.

With Gabriel and Saliba we've got two new CB's coming in. With Willian we add a lot of creativity up top. Signing Auba up means we have a guaranteed source of goals and big goals.

If we make the right signings in midfield, eg Partey/Aouar etc. Then I'd be very confident in getting top 4.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Not interested in cup runs as a way of measuring improvement. I don’t look at our latest FA cup win and get giddy about the new season because I’ve learned it has zero bearing.

I expect us to lose no more than 6 games in the league. I expect us to be more consistent and score more goals than last season. I expect us to go into the season 21/22 with much more hope than now. I expect all round improvements, and I’ll see where that takes us.

I’m excited for this season and it’s just great to be able to say that again.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don't have many expectations in terms of where we will end up yet. I need to see a bit of us in preseason with some new arrivals before then.

- I expect us to have a more fleshed out offensive plan for this season. The lack of balance led Arteta to adopt a more defensive approach at times and this has helped us, but with Willian signing and ESR returning with a bit more fitness and confidence, I can see us being a little bit better in central creative areas.

- I expect us to be much more adept at beating the fodder this coming season. Emery's management style made every game a slog, including games we should have strolled. I don't see Arteta having the same issues with a more settled and confident squad.

- I don't expect any call-ups from the U23s this season. I think we may get an Azeez cameo at some point but nothing more than that.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
R6A1fF1.jpg

Makavelii

Can finally make an assessment now that the window is closed. Went for Top 4 + deep cup runs, don't think that's too optimistic if the team clicks.
I think so.
We don’t have one of the top 4 best teams on paper.
But we can definitely outperform some better teams with how motivated and organised the team is under Mikel Arteta.

Calling it now. Chelsea and United to have flop seasons and both coaches gone by seasons end.

Reactions: A_G

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I waited until the window closed before voting then went and chose top 4 without looking at others. I think Top + deep cup runs. I expect semis at least for EL, we could win it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Expectation is clear, the two north London clubs will be neck and neck with each other in the league, cups and EL.

You give the edge to Sp**s atm for 4th, but we’re there.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Expectation is clear, the two north London clubs will be neck and neck with each other in the league, cups and EL.

You give the edge to Sp**s atm for 4th, but we’re there.
I would probably agree with this.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Our team isn’t amongst the 4th best, but our coach is. We’re in the race guys, unlike previous years.

We have a mixture of players that are top 3 worthy and also top 8 worthy. Understandable at the start of a new manager era.

Definitely enough with everything considered to make top 4 and I expect us to do so. I think we've got a great chance in Europa as well.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Consodering the considered top 2 have shown that they arent the unbeatable force, them, us long with Sp**s should be competing for title. I can see Everton providing all 4 with top 4 compettion. Utd and Chelsea to fight it out for 6th or 7th due to poor managers (Wolves and LCFC might even finsih ahead of them).

Emibury

I think this will be the most competitive season ever for top 4, with almost half the league having some kind of shot at this stage. Liverpool and Man City are a lock so that leaves six strong teams competing for two slots - Chelsea, Arsenal, Sp**s, United, Everton, Leicester - and three weaker teams in Wolves, Villa and Leeds that have with a non-zero chance being in with a shout in the closing stages. I'm expecting at least one of the latter three will surprise the league and be within a few points of top 4 at GW30 (probably not Villa though).

My minimum expectation is that we are competing for top 4 until the very end and as we're a good cup team I'd like to be in at least one of the FA/Europa finals, or to win the league cup. As long as we are progressing throughout the season, the team is building a style and are working hard, and there is a positive feeling in the squad and fans then I'm happy.

I'm hoping for, and would be extremely happy with, top 4 and a cup - realistically that should be at the upper end of expectations for this season. I'm also hoping for the likes of Saka, AMN and Martinelli to really kick on, which would be exciting to see and give hope for the future. It would also be great to see a really strong CB partnership developing, with my fantasy being Saliba-Gabriel getting established as Arteta's favoured back two by the end of the season, but Luiz-Gabriel doing well would be acceptable too.

In my opinion, it's totally unrealistic to see top 4 as a minimum or to expect us to fight for the league. Liverpool, Man City's and probably Chelsea's squads are far better than ours at this stage and we aren't clearly better then Sp**s and United (although I'd rather have our squad and manager than theirs).

Last edited:

Manberg

Predator
Sp**s are looking really good at the moment. They do worry me because Mourinho is a top manager and they seem to be playing for him. Can rely on Tottenham doing a Tottenham and bottling things, hopefully.

Utd look a mess, no real plan or cohesion and I think they will struggle to come near the top 4.

Chelsea have very talented players who are capable of carrying their team on most match days. They are very capable of making the top 4.
We have a weaker team than Chelsea but I think that can be compensated by having a better manager. I don’t rate Lampard highly as a manager but I’m sure Chelsea have surrounded him with expert coaching staff making the tactical decisions for him.

Everton look very good. Smart signings, top manager... they could be a threat.

It’s very competitive indeed.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Is early season form is an indication N that this could be a season like when Leciester won the league, then I would say we should be title contenders.

The title is up for grabs.

Top Bottom