• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Expectations for the season

Expectations for the season?

• Total voters

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
After the international break we'll see what Arteta is really made of. 7 games in 3 weeks, the four league games we have are all very very difficult.

City (A)
Rapid Wien (A)
Leciester (H)
Dundalk (H)
United (A)
Molde (H)
Villa (H)

We can breeze the Europa games with youngsters. But those league games are so tough. If we come out with 6 or 7 points I'd probably be happy.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Just happy to be on the ride with Arteta. The calmness I feel when watching our games is something no xG, xA, shot differential and all other bullshit stats can explain. I just want us to have control in matches, doesn't matter who we're playing against and not get battered by the better sides or get turned over by the weaker ones.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

After the international break we'll see what Arteta is really made of. 7 games in 3 weeks, the four league games we have are all very very difficult.

City (A)
Rapid Wien (A)
Leciester (H)
Dundalk (H)
United (A)
Molde (H)
Villa (H)

We can breeze the Europa games with youngsters. But those league games are so tough. If we come out with 6 or 7 points I'd probably be happy.

We have the United match between home matches against Dundalk & Molde. :lol:

United has hell of a fixture list before us, very tough, and Martial is banned against us too. Its the last game he is banned for.

Even if Old Trafford is very tough for us, there is no crowd & this is the best chance to take a win there for ages.

Makavelii

We have the United match between home matches against Dundalk & Molde. :lol:

United has hell of a fixture list before us, very tough, and Martial is banned against us too. Its the last game he is banned for.

Even if Old Trafford is very tough for us, there is no crowd & this is the best chance to take a win there for ages.
Agree. I think we can get the win at old Trafford.
We should be aiming for 9 points out of those 4 tough games.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Top 4- Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Sp**s/Everton

Chelsea look defensively poor but their attack is levels ahead of United and us. Lampard will get the sack before January.

Sp**s have added numbers in the squad and their bench strength is now pretty decent. Plus Kane and Son look like to have their best seasons this year. Definite Top 4 contenders.

Everton look so strong in midfield and they are clicking going forward too. Resolute team atm.

Think Leicester and Wolves will struggle this season, Wolves particularly.

United will have one of their worst seasons if they don't sort out that defense.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Top 4- Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Sp**s/Everton

Chelsea look defensively poor but their attack is levels ahead of United and us. Lampard will get the sack before January.

Sp**s have added numbers in the squad and their bench strength is now pretty decent. Plus Kane and Son look like to have their best seasons this year. Definite Top 4 contenders.

Everton look so strong in midfield and they are clicking going forward too. Resolute team atm.

Think Leicester and Wolves will struggle this season, Wolves particularly.

United will have one of their worst seasons if they don't sort out that defense.

Leicester especially seems now to have been hit with injury worries everyone has expected them to have earlier. Wolves don't have much depth either, and similar can happen.

United & Chelsea are a mess defensively.

Tottenham have looked good for maybe 2 matches, so I still find it tough to trust them to perform at that level constantly. Just a moment ago everyone was expecting for Mourinho to get sacked in the future.

Emibury

The title is up for grabs.

Liverpool and City are better than us in every area of the pitch, and have arguably the best two managers in the world right now. There's an outside chance that one of them has a mare of a season but simply no way both do. The only side with a squad capable of finishing above both of them is Chelsea but their new signings are taking time to gel and Lampard isn't a top manager so not going to happen.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Top 4 is a distinct possibility:

• We have a good manager.
  • With Gabriel our CB problem looks to be strengthened (no Mustafi,please)
  • Partey, Ceballos midfield looks a lot better
  • Man U and Man City struggling a little at the moment

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Liverpool and City are better than us in every area of the pitch, and have arguably the best two managers in the world right now. There's an outside chance that one of them has a mare of a season but simply no way both do. The only side with a squad capable of finishing above both of them is Chelsea but their new signings are taking time to gel and Lampard isn't a top manager so not going to happen.
At one point. Wenger was considered the best manager next to Fergie. Even Mourinhio.

Klopp and Guadiola are only coaches...they are not the ones playing the football.

For me, you dont lose 7-2...simply the fear factor is now gone. Also without David Silva and Aguero...City look a shadow of themselves.

The league winner will not have 90pts this season. I think it will be a 4 way battle going into the wire.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

As hilarious as that game against Aston Villa was, I feel it will only be a blip for Liverpool really...a horrible blip, but just a blip in the end

Despite showing some cracks in their armour this year and last year, they should have enough to win the league rather comfortably in the end, next season could be difficult for them though...hard to predict the next 3 right now for Champions League, but we are in the mix and that has to be our aim.

It wasn’t a blip imo, they have been horrible defensively all season

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Top 4 is a distinct possibility:

• We have a good manager.
  • With Gabriel our CB problem looks to be strengthened (no Mustafi,please)
  • Partey, Ceballos midfield looks a lot better
  • Man U and Man City struggling a little at the moment
Aren't we like 17th or something in chance creation thusfar?

I'm still on the fence about us this season. Really hope Arteta can pivot to a more positive playstyle with Partey on board, but I still struggle to see who is going to create our chances. Not too impressed with Willian thusfar. Might have to take a punt on ESR at some point.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
It wasn’t a blip imo, they have been horrible defensively all season
I mean, they won 3 of 4 games and they are shaky defensively. They had the best defense last year, not farfetched that they get it together.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Aren't we like 17th or something in chance creation thusfar?

I'm still on the fence about us this season. Really hope Arteta can pivot to a more positive playstyle with Partey on board, but I still struggle to see who is going to create our chances. Not too impressed with Willian thusfar. Might have to take a punt on ESR at some point.
We keep winning and that breeds confidence. Once Pepe gets into the groove I think we'll create more chances.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I'm not that optimistic as our midfield still lacks creativity & good options. Bums like Xhaka will get lots of starts & cost us points. We still might do good in cups & perhaps could sneak 4th as other teams around us aren't that good as well

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think we could get top 4, I'm not sure if we'd be favourites of anything like but we have a chance. I dont think narrowly missing out would be failure. I'm sure Arteta himself wants to aim as high as possible but we have to be realistic too.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Huge summer could result in an even bigger wage bill so I would rather target some top talents on a smaller salary.
We have a good team already, time to be smart about what we do and avoid crazy spending

We'll be cutting around 50m a year off that wage bill. I think we'd be an Aouar and Sancho type signings away from challenging from the title and champions league personally.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom