• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Expectations for the season

Expectations for the season?

• Total voters

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
We'll be cutting around 50m a year off that wage bill. I think we'd be an Aouar and Sancho type signings away from challenging from the title and champions league personally.
I don't know. Let's say Pepe comes good this season so we get Grealish LW instead of Sancho RW. We also get Aouar, but no other incomings. We could line up like this:

Grealish - Auba - Pepe
Aouar - Partey
Xhaka
Tierney - Gabriel - Saliba - Bellerin
Leno

Admittedly, that's quite a good side. Still, I think we're an established RCB, RB and DM short of going for the CL. Title could become very interesting though. That's also assuming Aouar would kick on immediately (Grealish I assume would slot in quite seamlessly).

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I don't know. Let's say Pepe comes good this season so we get Grealish LW instead of Sancho RW. We also get Aouar, but no other incomings. We could line up like this:

Grealish - Auba - Pepe
Aouar - Partey
Xhaka
Leno

Admittedly, that's quite a good side. Still, I think we're an established RCB, RB and DM short of going for the CL. Title could become very interesting though. That's also assuming Aouar would kick on immediately (Grealish I assume would slot in quite seamlessly).

I think Grealish has priced himself out of a move for a long time now signing a new deal with Villa. I wouldn't want him here for more than £50-60M.

A lot of options open up next summer. Szoboszlai for example will be leaving and even potentially someone like Ødegaard could be available. I'm almost certain we'll go down a different route from Aouar.

Its wish list stuff of course and dependant on so many factors but I do believe Xhaka will be like our "Henderson" in the sense that he's not rated by many but ultimately becomes a main stay when we have the correct midfield around him.

I think buying an elite attacker next summer is very important to make the transition away from Aubameyang easier.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

Grealish - Auba - Pepe
Aouar - Partey
Xhaka
Leno

You're assuming that none of our highly talented players like Martinelli, ESR, and Saka won't develop, or they will be bench players forever.
The only difference between ESR and Aouar is a couple of injuries and a chance, something that can definitely go in our favour very soon.

Fans are obsessed with spending, but sometimes solutions are in our own backyard. In cases like with Partey and Gabriel, you have nobody coming through and it's understandable to invest, but I see Aouar as a luxury and not someone we desperately need.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
This season I'm interested in a cup and top four.

The Europa League would be magnificent, a massive feather in Arteta's cap and clear evidence that we can mix with some of Europe's best teams and win.

As for the league, I think Sp**s, Chelsea, Everton and United are there and will be challenging. If we are able to incorporate a more attacking style with Partey, Ceballos, Xhaka, Willian, Özil, Saka, in addition to our current containment style and keep our key players fit, then we can get fourth.

My concern is whether we will be able to get Auoar next summer, would still love him to join us.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
You're assuming that none of our highly talented players like Martinelli, ESR, and Saka won't develop, or they will be bench players forever.
The only difference between ESR and Aouar is a couple of injuries and a chance, something that can definitely go in our favour very soon.

Fans are obsessed with spending, but sometimes solutions are in our own backyard. In cases like with Partey and Gabriel, you have nobody coming through and it's understandable to invest, but I see Aouar as a luxury and not someone we desperately need.
I'm not actually, but I was just going along with the hypothetical. Not sure what I would do next season, but I'm eager to find out how Saka, ESR and Martinelli will develop.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Rumours that Utd are already in contact with Potch and will be pull the trigger soon if results don’t pick up.

I guess he’ll be Utd manager by Christmas and the January window.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Rumours that Utd are already in contact with Potch and will be pull the trigger soon if results don’t pick up.

I guess he’ll be Utd manager by Christmas and the January window.

I bet he will turn Jones and pals into VVD's in no time.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I've no idea, but they say judge after 10 games or so. At this point I'd still be pleasantly surprised if we got top 4, I still think the 5th or 6th positions are possible representations of our overall squad quality. But this is going to be a weird year, so who knows.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I honestly don't have any expectations given how unpredictable everything is at this moment but I'm really enjoying seeing how it's gonna end up. Or at least, I'm trying to enjoy as much as I can - I've been so busy lately that I have missed most of our last 3 matches. Can't remember the last time that happened.

If I had to make a prediction, I think we'll finish 5th but I have a feeling that we will win the Europa League this season and end up in the CL. Just a hunch I have rather than an expectation.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I bet he will turn Jones and pals into VVD's in no time.
Doubt it, Jones hasn’t played in this Utd team for a long time. He’ll improve them though, just like he made Sp**s a CL club and always finishing above Arsenal. Even reached a CL final.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Doubt it, Jones hasn’t played in this Utd team for a long time. He’ll improve them though, just like he made Sp**s a CL club and always finishing above Arsenal. Even reached a CL final.

Yeah, what I meant is that their CB's are close to a joke and they sold one of the best ones to Roma in Smalling.

Even Maguire is turning into a ****houser who takes his own team mates down in favour of opposition scoring.

Manager change won't affect that much very fast.

Even Rio is not impressed, and he knows about defending.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Id take 4th now and a cup win, Arteta needs another 3 windows at least to get us up there.

CanadianGooner1608

Saw a stat that in this calendar year, in the league, we'd actually be 3rd.

Now I'm not letting that blind me, I am expecting a few disappointing results, as we are in transition, but IF Arteta can maintain course while making the changes we need in term of personnel (so far so good!), I can definitely see us top 4. Stars would need to align massively for it to happen though, but I'll be hopeful until it's mathematically impossible for me to be.

I don't know about you all, but Europa or CL, I want a european trophy in the cabinet, which is something I didn't think I could aspire to see anytime soon. Lad is making me a believer, and that's scary as, in the past, as an Arsenal fan, it was always the hope that killed.

Give me a top 4 + europa and it will be a 10/10 season
Give me a top 4 and a domestic cuo: 9/10
Give me top 4 and no cup whatsoever: 8/10
Give me 5th place and Europa: 9/10
Give me 5th place and a domestic cup: 7/10
Give me below 5th and a cup (Europa =7/10, domestic = 6-5/10)
Give me below 5th and no trophy, and I'll cry myself to sleep for about a week.

Top Bottom