• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

eric-bristow-veteran-world-champion-darts-playe-DR20GR.jpg
Thank heavens, he's signed for Southampton!

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's looking increasingly likely that Özil might be the casualty of the 25-man squad.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It's looking increasingly likely that Özil might be the casualty of the 25-man squad.
I don't think he is the casualty, more like the luckiest player in the PL. Think our reserve team will need a decent sub like himself, someone who will do the dirty work for the last 10 minutes of the game

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If it does happen, I wonder if he will seek to change club in January to actually play a bit of football? I’m sure the club are hoping that will happen.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

If it does happen, I wonder if he will seek to change club in January to actually play a bit of football? I’m sure the club are hoping that will happen.
He's not going to walk away from 18m. I don't think that's the kind of person he is.
He's going to finish his contract here and ride of into retirement.
If he wanted to 'play football' he'd have left by now.

Moleque

I remember the ‘clean slate’ statement and the hope it stirred... :lol:

#alloverinoctober
What makes you think Özil wasn't given a clean slate? As far as you or I know, he was given that slate, same as everyone else & has failed to take advantage of it.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

What makes you think Özil wasn't given a clean slate? As far as you or I know, he was given that slate, same as everyone else & has failed to take advantage of it.
Yeah. That's an interesting take.
I remember AMN and Ceballos being in the same situation and both of them stepped up big time.
But Özil has been unable to rise up to the challenges.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He's not going to walk away from 18m. I don't think that's the kind of person he is.
He's going to finish his contract here and ride of into retirement.
If he wanted to 'play football' he'd have left by now.
Who is the kind of person to walk away from 18M?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Watching the training video they put out today... Özil is the only player wearing an orange bib. Don't know what that means exactly but I'm starting to wonder that he has a serious health issue and he's just riding out his contract for retirement.

:lol::rofl:

What the actual f*ck. You must've never played football yourself, and to come to that conclusion, jeez.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Absolutely I don’t disagree there. I was alluding more to the fact that some thought it was Raul’s fault he wasn’t playing, and the ‘clean slate’ thing was Mikel hinting that he’d now feature

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

It means he’s on whatever team has possession of the ball.
Everyone knows that! :rofl:

I used to hate being that guy I was like great no defending but you have to run twice as much to catch up. Maybe they’re building his fitness.

Reactions: A_G

GDeep™

League is very weak
Miki walked away from a huge wage just to play football. Alexis only got paid about 15% of his contract just to play football.
I'm sure if he lowers his wage demand he could still do a job for teams like Roma.
That pay off, of 9M, allowed Sanchez to become a free agent, get a sign on fee and 3 year contract with Inter. Which all together means he’s not taking a hit.

Arsenal could’ve afford to pay off Mesut anyway. In 3 months Mesut and others can speak and agree deals with others clubs, so the end of the road is here anyway.

Also, it’s hard to sell players when you freeze them out, we’ve seen that Guendouzi, it’s actually surprising we couldn’t sell him, but no club wants to take risks when these guys totally stop kicking a ball at their current club.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

That pay off, of 9M, allowed Sanchez to become a free agent, get a sign on fee and 3 year contract with Inter. Which all together means he’s not taking a hit.

Arsenal could’ve afford to pay off Mesut anyway. In 3 months Mesut and others can speak and agree deals with others clubs, so the end of the road is here anyway.

Also, it’s hard to sell players when you freeze them out, we’ve seen that Guendouzi, it’s actually surprising we couldn’t sell him, but no club wants to take risks when these guys totally stop kicking a ball at their current club.
Özil could have taken similar deals but he refused. He was adamant that he was going to see out his contract.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Absolutely I don’t disagree there. I was alluding more to the fact that some thought it was Raul’s fault he wasn’t playing, and the ‘clean slate’ thing was Mikel hinting that he’d now feature
It could be a Raul/club decision, if him not playing is saving us from paying a massive bonus.

Don’t tell me he’s become TOTALLY useless that he can’t feature as a sub or in dead cup games when other trash players are getting those minutes.

Could be the pay cut issue, Arteta encouraged the players to take it and Mesut wasn’t having it, before then he played EVERY minute for Arteta.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Everyone knows that! :rofl:

I used to hate being that guy I was like great no defending but you have to run twice as much to catch up. Maybe they’re building his fitness.
You can basically stay put in the center of the pitch. Özil dream role. No tracking back. I always opt for this role coming back from injury. Sucks not being allowed to score though.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom