• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Technically, if Arsenal don't register him for any competition, is he still an Arsenal player? :lol:

Basically just an employee keeping his fitness levels up.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Well he had to get fans from Arsenal and other clubs talking somehow.

Will be fun to see the various ways he trolls over the season I am sure they will be creative. Pretty sure somebody upstairs is fuming right now.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Technically, if Arsenal don't register him for any competition, is he still an Arsenal player? :lol:

Basically just an employee keeping his fitness levels up.
Yes.
As long as we still pay his wage, he's still an Arsenal player.

Preacher

Always Crying
what do people really want? For gunnersaurus to remain jobless without pay? :facepalm:
As @Macho already wrote this is side gig for him:
Robbie from AFTV who knows him well confirmed he will be back when the fans are back. Robbie says the dinosaur thing wasn’t even his actual job.

Robbie also said that the reporters were naughty for dropping that on deadline day trying to make trouble, which I suspected from the get go.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
It means he’s on whatever team has possession of the ball.
:lol::rofl:

What the actual f*ck. You must've never played football yourself, and to come to that conclusion, jeez.
I understand this. But from the video it's a bit weird that he's the only one who has an orange bib on. I do know they use the orange bib, in American football for example, to show that somebody is coming back from injury and to lessen the amount of contact said individual receives. Do they not do that in European football?

vantoure

As @Macho already wrote this is side gig for him:
Robbie from AFTV who knows him well confirmed he will be back when the fans are back. Robbie says the dinosaur thing wasn’t even his actual job.

Robbie also said that the reporters were naughty for dropping that on deadline day trying to make trouble, which I suspected from the get go.
Well that was certainly usable allowance he would have needed in this covid period. Nothing wrong with the gesture from Özil IMO, except people like to read all his actions negatively

Moah

I can't agree with this. The gesture is good but the method not so much. And the intent. Why couldn't he have done this quietly?

Why not speak to the club and do it behind the scenes? Because "Özil saves Gunnersaurus" looks better for Özil.

It makes Arsenal look bad and Özil look good. It gets people saying look how amazing Özil is. It makes me sick.
I get your point, but why is the club so reluctant to give an explanation to why it has come to this?
I know he did it for PR but I'm not going to blame him for it. If anyone wins from this it is Gunnersaurus.

vantoure

I understand this. But from the video it's a bit weird that he's the only one who has an orange bib on. I do know they use the orange bib, in American football for example, to show that somebody is coming back from injury and to lessen the amount of contact said individual receives. Do they not do that in European football?
he wasn't the only one actually. Willian was also on yellow bib and i seemed to notice both of them had free roles

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Wouldn't be surprised if Mesut's been told he's one of the two players not going to be registered and he's putting this out there to play to his 'Victim of the club, even though I'm a great guy 'narrative.

I respect charitable people who don't feel the need to tell the world how charitable they are, to be honest.

He's doing this for self gain, in PR at the end of the day. Instead of it being splashed all over the papers he could have easily done it in a behind the scenes and low key way.

Last edited:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Wouldn't be surprised if Mesut's been told he's one of the two players not going to be registered and he's putting this out there to play to his ''victim of the club, even though he's a great guy ''narrative.
Özil is a great guy....of that there is no question. He has done a lot of good for people.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sometimes I come across his clips and see some of the world class moments he's provided and wonder why isn't this guy playing for us.

Then he pulls these kind of stunts and then I am quickly reminded.

The mad thing is, a lot more people would have kept their jobs if Özil just bounced and actually played football somewhere.
At the same time though, there is absolutely no guarantee that the money saved from Özil would save the tea lady or Gunnersaurus. The board and Özil are as bad as each other.

Plus if Özil was genuine, there were plenty of other sacked Arsenal staff he could have privately funded. Instead he picked the high profile mascot to make a point. I think anyone with sense or no agenda can see this for what it really is.
I would agree with you, but he had been keeping quiet when he was playing regularly

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He cant disrupt the team from within so he's trying from home. Nice gesture? No! A nice gesture would have been to send the guy a salary every month without doing it on Insta! He knows he's not wanted, this is his way of having a dig at the club!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If we are honest, there is just no way Eddie, Willock, Reiss, etc etc get ahead of him in the team selection unless you just hate the guy.

Really wished he sorted out whatever grief he had with whoever and gave us a good final season but he's become a joke.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Wouldn't be surprised if Mesut's been told he's one of the two players not going to be registered and he's putting this out there to play to his 'Victim of the club, even though he's a great guy 'narrative.

I respect charitable people who don't feel the need to tell the world how charitable they are, more to be honest.

For weeks now I've been saying don't register Özil. He's being paid not to play anyway, just leave him out completely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom