• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I thought he could still make a comeback, but apparently not. Guy is again affecting his own demise.

Great to see the back of him "soon" with the wages being freed for contributing players.

This kind of clickbaiting social media stuff (when Gunnersaurus is coming back anyway when fans are) hints that the problems are not only in some hidden injury etc.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
And I'm sure Gunnersaurus will be back in a few weeks when fans will be allowed back in the stadium.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It's quite crazy that there are 'arsenal fans' out there who will genuinely pick Özil over arsenal.
A lot of people follow players rather than a club, not uncommon tbh. We had an influx of Croatians join this board when Eduardo joined.

I follow specific NBA players rather than a team, me being a Londoner I simply just don't care about any of them.
However, I am not going to tell a lifelong Miami heat fan about their team when I am only there to see one guy :lol:

say yes

forum master baiter
Fair play that is hilarious by Mesut.

See-through as **** (apparently he just had to post his offer in public on Twitter and start a #JusticeforGunnersaurus hashtag) but very funny nonetheless.

At least his wages will be contributing to somebody being on the Emirates’ pitch.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He cant disrupt the team from within so he's trying from home. Nice gesture? No! A nice gesture would have been to send the guy a salary every month without doing it on Insta! He knows he's not wanted, this is his way of having a dig at the club!
How does that disrupt the team? Lets say we get hammered next game, you think Ozils tweet played part of it? Im sure the players love Özil and find it hilarious and agree with him. Özil is nice excuse to have around to blame things on by the club. They can always feed their journalist to blame him. If he was such a problem and refuse to go. why not just pay him off and cancel the contract?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

That is ridiculous by him and his PR team...like seriously what the **** has happened to him.

He's gone from winning a World Cup to this ffs :lol:
This is your boi btw - you usually support this behaviour.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

A lot of people follow players rather than a club, not uncommon tbh. We had an influx of Croatians join this board when Eduardo joined.

I follow specific NBA players rather than a team, me being a Londoner I simply just don't care about any of them.
However, I am not going to tell a lifelong Miami heat fan about their team when I am only there to see one guy :lol:
Well fair enough. But bashing the club because your favourite player is not being picked when he has been producing the sum total of **** all is just pathetic. And also they should stop pretending to be Arsenal fans.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

See-through as **** (apparently he just had to post his offer in public on Twitter and start a #JusticeforGunnersaurus hashtag) but very funny nonetheless.

At least his wages will be contributing to somebody being on the Emirates’ pitch.

Not really hilarious. Sevilla saying their favourite signing of the window would be Gunnersaurus on Twitter was hilarious.

This is pitiful clickbait stuff that opposition fans/media would do, as anyone who knows Gunnersaurus is going to come back later when fans are.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I just hope this is all just terrible advice and it’s not actually his idea. I’m beginning to wonder though. Couldn’t pick a worse way to go about it. Wow. You can laugh, but how revealing is this?

Keplaz

Well he had to get fans from Arsenal and other clubs talking somehow.

Will be fun to see the various ways he trolls over the season I am sure they will be creative. Pretty sure somebody upstairs is fuming right now.
I think he has the best PR people on the planet. The spin they put on everything he does is insane. He will do everything he can to stay relevant whilst he isn't playing.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

It’s funny in a tragic, uncomfortable way, I guess. The sideshow has to stop though. And people say AFTV is embarrassing :lol:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Your highest earner posting this stuff on social Media is hardly hilarious.

SK Lation

Just pay it and don't tweet about it ffs. Attention-whore.

Every 3 months I start to think "Hm maybe we should give Özil another chance, he still can do a job for us" and then he comes up with bollocks like this. It's like he persistently wants to make sure he stays out of the team.

I'll pop a bottle of champagne the day he is no Arsenal player anymore. Ffs.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

https://theathletic.com/news/arsenal-mesut-Özil-gunnersaurus-wages/QM9KVaCCGcWv

Mesut Özil has offered to pay the wages of Jerry Quy — who plays Arsenal mascot Gunnersaurus — after he was controversially let go by the Premier League club, report Amitai Winehouse and Luke Brown. The Athletic revealed on Monday that Quy had been told he was being let go by the north London club as part of their cost-cutting measures. Gunnersaurus has not been used for matches behind closed doors games at the Emirates since football restarted following the initial UK COVID-19 lockdown.

Why does this matter?
Despite what you may think, it's not just a silly story about a dinosaur.

In April, Arsenal asked their first-team players to take a year-long 12.5 per cent pay cut to help keep staff employed due to the financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Özil, who earns £350,000-per-week was the only player to publicly acknowledge he had not taken a cut.

Four months later, Arsenal announced they would be making 55 staff redundant as part of cost-cutting measures to cope with the financial impact of the pandemic.

Arsenal have also made a number of high-profile signings this summer, including the £45 million capture of Thomas Partey on deadline day. Arsenal also committed significant wages to bring in the likes of Willian from Chelsea.

What is Özil's position?
Özil said he had wanted to "contribute" to the efforts to help staff in an interview with The Athletic, but insisted he wanted more information. He felt the team were "rushed" into a decision without "proper consultation".

Speaking after the staff cuts, he added: "I’m not afraid to stand up for what I feel is right — and when you see what has happened now with the jobs, maybe I was."

What has Özil now pledged?
Özil said he was "so sad" to hear Quy had been dismissed from his job after 27 years as Gunnersaurus.

Writing on social media on Tuesday afternoon, Özil said: "I’m offering to reimburse Arsenal with the full salary of our big green guy as long as I will be an Arsenal player so Jerry can continue his job that he loves so much."

What has the reaction to the story been?
The Athletic’s story that Gunnersaurus has been made redundant has made headlines around the world.

Arsenal’s unpopular decision has been criticised by everybody from Good Morning Britain host Piers Morgan to television presenter Holly Willoughby.

Fortunately, Gunnersaurus is unlikely to be out of work for too long, with Spanish side Sevilla attempting to recruit him as their new mascot and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals [PETA] offering him a job as an advocate for a "planet-friendly lifestyle".

What has Arsenal's response been?
An Arsenal spokesperson has, meanwhile, insisted "Gunnersaurus is not extinct and will return to action when fans are allowed back at matches."

However, Arsenal have confirmed to The Athletic that Quy had left his post as they strive to do everything more efficiently.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Özil has achieved his objectives tbf to him.
Even opposition fans are siding with him :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This is your boi btw - you usually support this behaviour.

Giroud%20tweet%202.jpg

...hopefully my fellow posters here will forgive me in time, Mes has let me down here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom