• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Özil has achieved his objectives tbf to him.
Even opposition fans are siding with him :lol:
He saved a mans job in covid environment. For that he deserves respect. Imagine if the 55 people that made reduntant had someone to fight for them so the club could save money and put it on kia and his trash players pockets

vantoure

:lol: Of course not. For him to not use Gunnersaurus as an opportunity to further his image. It's like offering money to a homeless person, but announcing it on Twitter first.

Well unfortunately that's politics which arsenal started when they leaked info that Özil refused a wage cut. He's hitting back in his own way, except with a side benefit to gunnersaurus

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Well played Mesut, tremendous PR. The board only have themselves to blame for this debacle. If they hadn't furloughed/paid off/binned Gunnersaurus then none of this would have happened.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Haters right now

giphy.gif

SK Lation

He saved a mans job in covid environment. For that he deserves respect. Imagine if the 55 people that made reduntant had someone to fight for them so the club could save money and put it on kia and his trash players pockets

That a joke? He was the only player who refused to take a paycut, which could have saved the one or another of these 55 peoples jobs. He is just attention seeking and trying to make trouble. I highly doubt he will pay gunnersaurus' wages, it's just a pr move. He's an ugly human being.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

That a joke? He was the only player who refused to take a paycut, which could have saved the one or another of these 55 peoples jobs. He is just attention seeking and trying to make trouble. I highly doubt he will pay gunnersaurus' wages, it's just a pr move. He's an ugly human being.
Ugly human being? How many people who lost their job are you paying? ****ing loser :lol:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He didn't save ****. I Imagine the mascot job was Jerry Quy's side job.
Besides, he'll be back in a few weeks when fans are allowed back in the stadiums. But I suspect Özil knew this and pulled that stunt anyways.
There are other staffs that was laid off but Özil didn't offer to help them but chose to help the most high profile of them all.

He could easily have done it discreetly but didn't, which shows that he's just playing the PR game.

Özil doesn't give two ****s about Jerry Quy

Last edited:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He didn't save ****. Imagine the mascot job was Jerry Quy's side job.
Besides, hell be back in a fews when fans are allowed back in the stadiums. But I suspect Özil knew this and pulled that stunt anyways.
There are other staffs that was laid off but Özil didn't offer to help them but chose to help the most high profile of them all.

He could easily done it discreetly but but didn't which shows that he's just playing the PR game.

Özil doesn't give two ****s about Jerry Quy
when the reports where all over the place yesterday about them getting rid of the mascot. why didnt the club correct it or fed it to the usual journalists? They only say this because of the Özil tweet. This is the same people that lied to the players about pay cut to save redundancy and still did it which pissed of the players.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
when the reports where all over the place yesterday about them getting rid of the mascot. why didnt the club correct it or fed it to the usual journalists? They only say this because of the Özil tweet. This is the same people that lied to the players about pay cut to save redundancy and still did it which pissed of the players.
It's on the original Athletic story ffs

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
How does that disrupt the team? Lets say we get hammered next game, you think Ozils tweet played part of it? Im sure the players love Özil and find it hilarious and agree with him. Özil is nice excuse to have around to blame things on by the club. They can always feed their journalist to blame him. If he was such a problem and refuse to go. why not just pay him off and cancel the contract?

Don't be too sure of that. They see a player making little effort and earning £350k pw. What's to love? We all know he's talented but Arteta not including him in the squad every game, even cup games, is a clear enough signal for me.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
So if Özil isn't going to be registered, then what is the point in keeping him, why not just terminate his contract and be done with it?

Can he still play cup games? If so why do we need him to, such a mess of a situation.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Don't be too sure of that. They see a player making little effort and earning £350k pw. What's to love? We all know he's talented but Arteta not including him in the squad every game, even cup games, is a clear enough signal for me.
Its not for me....so he was doing well before covid for arteta to include him in every squad. Then suddenly covid came and his attitude completely changed? Funny enough during that period the club wanted players to take pay cut and he was one of the two players opposing it and asking questions and suddenly he is nowhere to be seen. Yep its all about effort in training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom