• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Its not for me....so he was doing well before covid for arteta to include him in every squad. Then suddenly covid came and his attitude completely changed? Funny enough during that period the club wanted players to take pay cut and he was one of the two players opposing it and asking questions and suddenly he is nowhere to be seen. Yep its all about effort in training

I don't believe Arteta would leave a player out for questioning a pay cut. If you really believe that then there's nothing more I can say. I think its all to do with training. Arteta has said it many times, he wants to see maximum effort.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
So if Özil isn't going to be registered, then what is the point in keeping him, why not just terminate his contract and be done with it?

Can he still play cup games? If so why do we need him to, such a mess of a situation.
He may not be registered for the PL but can still play the EL games. We won't terminate his contract because we probably don't have a spare £10m to give him a lump sum and I bet on principle he won't take a lower pay off in January. Weve signed ourself a money pit.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Ozils problem started when he questioned the pay cut by the club. They tricked the players about having pay cut to protect peoples job. As soon as they agreed they still made the people redundant. And offcourse the club now backed to corner has to say gunnersaurus will be back when fans are back. If that was the case from the start this news would not be out. Ozils move basically saved this mans job
Ah the social media knobs I was talking about

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

100% he’s doing this because he’s heard he won’t be registered in the PL squad btw. He usually does his charity work behind closed doors when he can, he knows this makes Arsenal look bad. When they don’t register him the narrative will change to they are punishing him for this.

On an unrelated note, the Arsenal response that Gunnersaurus is not extinct is a very avesive answer. To me I read it as the guy wearing the dino suit is let go, somebody else takes his place once fans are allowed back. A lot of companies use COVID to let go of experienced, more expensive workers, with lots of years on the job and replace them with cheaper young workers.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't believe Arteta would leave a player out for questioning a pay cut. If you really believe that then there's nothing more I can say. I think its all to do with training. Arteta has said it many times, he wants to see maximum effort.
I mean he wasn't the only one that refused the paycut.

The other two players are getting game time. That has already shattered the myth that he dropped due to questioning the paycut.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
So if Özil isn't going to be registered, then what is the point in keeping him, why not just terminate his contract and be done with it?

Can he still play cup games? If so why do we need him to, such a mess of a situation.

If we terminate his contract he's free to sign a new one somewhere else. Why would we pay him off and let him do that? I'd rather leave him at home not playing football.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
He may not be registered for the PL but can still play the EL games. We won't terminate his contract because we probably don't have a spare £10m to give him a lump sum and I bet on principle he won't take a lower pay off in January. Weve signed ourself a money pit.

I get the lump sum thing I suppose, but does it even have to be a lump sum, could they not just continue to pay him and disassociate the club with him?

Personally I cant understand why the people in charge would want him anywhere near EL games, they clearly dont trust him in general and I doubt they trust him to perform either, is it not better just giving the time to a youngster or anyone else available?

Its embarrassing for the club, I dont even hate or dislike Özil but this needs to come to an end and not over hang another season.

Moleque

To pay a footballer £350,000 a week and not register him to play, without giving a valid reason, could actually be actionable in law.
Except you have no standing...
Seriously, I'm certain the owner fully understands why, if Arteta decides not to register him & there is no reason why Arsenal need to explain themselves to you

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Didn't we sack like 100 staff members not that long ago...where was Mes then!

#JusticeForTheNonDinosaurs
We know what’s going on here. Everybody does :rofl: If there’s any more proof needed that this wretch would need to go full Jimmy Savile to be unanimously condemned for an action, then it’s here!

Looks like he’s got wind of his exclusion tbh, if it’s to happen.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Do you know him personally? Managers throughout football has had it in for a player for personal reasons. We seen so many times a player not get games and new manager comes in and that player get minutes and shines. I think the pay cut thing caused their relationship to sour. It doesnt matter what Özil does.....he will not make another squad.

Same thing with Guendouzi once they fell out it didnt matter what he did. It as over for him. Since his Brighton debacle he was binned. again personal. I dont believe suddenly that day he became bad trained and it was all footballing reasons. I think Arteta being an extremely young manager and inexperienced manager doesnt help this. He wants to stamp his authority and show he is the boss. Just like a rookie cop usually is more itchy about demanding respect while an experienced cop knows when to let things go. Lampard with Luiz is another example....young managers tend to be insecure

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
He didn't save ****. I Imagine the mascot job was Jerry Quy's side job.
Besides, he'll be back in a few weeks when fans are allowed back in the stadiums. But I suspect Özil knew this and pulled that stunt anyways.
There are other staffs that was laid off but Özil didn't offer to help them but chose to help the most high profile of them all.

He could easily have done it discreetly but didn't, which shows that he's just playing the PR game.

Özil doesn't give two ****s about Jerry Quy
I wont say he doesn't care about Jerry but this is a PR stunt to make the club look bad and make him look like the good guy. See how people are talking about how he saved one mans job and not realizing that him taking a pay cut may have saved 55 more. That being said i think some of those 55 would have been sacked anyway. It just looked bad because of covid

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'll be so glad when this thread goes extinct from this forum area to the Arsenal History.

Then the blind Özil worshippers can either start supporting Arsenal or go there from stinking this forum area.

It's not far away anymore. :drool: For the past years I have hoped for Özil to make a comeback, but it's just not happening.

Kav

Established Member
Regardless of what one may think of him as a Arsenal player I am sure we can all agree that his PR activities are reaching legendary status.

_114786581_mesutozil.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54440357

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
If we terminate his contract he's free to sign a new one somewhere else. Why would we pay him off and let him do that? I'd rather leave him at home not playing football.

Because its prolonging the inevitable, I imagine he'd agree to terminate his contract with a clause he cant sign elsewhere in exchange for not having to turn up to daily training or team meets/obligations etc.

It happens with managers, I'm sure they can work it with players.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
100% he’s doing this because he’s heard he won’t be registered in the PL squad btw. He usually does his charity work behind closed doors when he can, he knows this makes Arsenal look bad. When they don’t register him the narrative will change to they are punishing him for this.

On an unrelated note, the Arsenal response that Gunnersaurus is not extinct is a very avesive answer. To me I read it as the guy wearing the dino suit is let go, somebody else takes his place once fans are allowed back. A lot of companies use COVID to let go of experienced, more expensive workers, with lots of years on the job and replace them with cheaper young workers.

Arsenal aren't a charity or a public sector organisation. A club should be lean and efficient. It's better for the long run. Being paid £70k a year to dress up in a dinosaur outfit for 3 hours a day twice a week ...I mean come on. It's double was the average nurse in London gets paid.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah... the guy who played the role is not returning. It's quite clear in what you posted and linked yet you still claim that he's returning. You seem confused about it all, tbh.
You're the one who's quite confused.
Robbie from AFTV who knows him well has confirmed he's coming when fans return.
But don't let anything get in the way of your agenda.
Carry on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom