• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Even if he has been told he won't be one of the players registered, what difference would that make to his situation...

Arteta: "Ok Mes...I know you haven't played a game in ages, plus we tried to sell/loan you but you are happy to just stay for the last year and collect your money...correct?"

Özil: "Yes, that's the sitch, Tets...just enjoying a paid holiday right now basically...you know what I'm saying!"

Arteta: "Yes...well we need room in the squad and since you weren't gonna play anyway, we are deciding to not include you in the squad registration...cool?"

Özil...

pikachu_face.png

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Well it depends who estimates the PR. For many Arsenal fans this is the last straw, he is losing the guys who loved him.

Nah the Özil cult remains, which is really the only ones still behind him in any case. This looks good to all the fans outside of Arsenal who’ve slagged us off something rotten for all the redundancies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Nah the Özil cult remains, which is really the only ones still behind him in any case. This looks good to all the fans outside of Arsenal who’ve slagged us off something rotten for all the redundancies.

Özil cult can remain, who cares. This just shows he doesn't care about Arsenal and most Arsenal fans see that finally. He cares about himself and his PR.

He doesn't have a future at top level anymore anyway so this "good press" for him doesn't matter much.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Arsenal aren't a charity or a public sector organisation. A club should be lean and efficient. It's better for the long run. Being paid £70k a year to dress up in a dinosaur outfit for 3 hours a day twice a week ...I mean come on. It's double was the average nurse in London gets paid.
Was that his salary?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Everyone mad at Özil sitting and collecting tons of money. Guy offers some of it up to a guy who just got let go and people get even madder.

What a world.

I wasn't mad at him collecting the money. After this stunt I've had enough of him and his PR stuff.

The guy doesn't care about Arsenal, it's blatantly clear now.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

100% he’s doing this because he’s heard he won’t be registered in the PL squad btw. He usually does his charity work behind closed doors when he can, he knows this makes Arsenal look bad. When they don’t register him the narrative will change to they are punishing him for this.

On an unrelated note, the Arsenal response that Gunnersaurus is not extinct is a very avesive answer. To me I read it as the guy wearing the dino suit is let go, somebody else takes his place once fans are allowed back. A lot of companies use COVID to let go of experienced, more expensive workers, with lots of years on the job and replace them with cheaper young workers.
Exactly. It really sounds like they see Covid as chance to get cheaper work force in. So Özil is maybe not wrong in that they let a guy with 27 years of experience at the club go. Some posters here think being good fan is to believe the clubs pr they feed the media.

GunnerShy

Arsenal aren't a charity or a public sector organisation. A club should be lean and efficient. It's better for the long run. Being paid £70k a year to dress up in a dinosaur outfit for 3 hours a day twice a week ...I mean come on. It's double was the average nurse in London gets paid.

70k?!?! Of behave will ya. These type of people are salt of the earth Arsenal diehards. I'd be surprised if he's on more than 20k for his part time job.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I get the lump sum thing I suppose, but does it even have to be a lump sum, could they not just continue to pay him and disassociate the club with him?

Personally I cant understand why the people in charge would want him anywhere near EL games, they clearly dont trust him in general and I doubt they trust him to perform either, is it not better just giving the time to a youngster or anyone else available?

Its embarrassing for the club, I dont even hate or dislike Özil but this needs to come to an end and not over hang another season.
Interesting point but I wonder if that is legal. It's different not registering a player who is out for the season but paying someone with no association with the club sounds dodgy. This season is compressed so only 8 months max to go. If we play well and win enough times, nobody will be talking about him. Removing his club Twitter page would be easier tbh.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
He was on 70k though? That can’t be right... I’ve less sympathy if he was on 70k for a part time job wearing a dinosaur outfit ffs.

Jerry Quy worked the corporate and hospitality stuff as well. I'm pretty sure the Gunnersaurus stuff was only a relatively small part of his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom