• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
He was quietly one of my favourite players last season, but yeah watch this forum ruin it with their high level simping.

Loads of potential. A very exciting young player to have at the club. I can’t wait to see him back on the pitch!

But yeah, people will make him out to be a savior. Then he’ll return and catch flack because he’s not progressing fast enough. If we don’t learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's meant to be back in full training in December so I wish him a speedy and set back free recovery. The careful plan should ensure he's as good as he was before.

Makavelii

Was his injury one of those injuries that can permanently inhibit a players development? Ala Jack Wilshere.

oh to be a goon

Was his injury one of those injuries that can permanently inhibit a players development? Ala Jack Wilshere.

Supposedly no, which is why its taking so long for him to return to fitness. From what I understand, it was a tear that is being allowed to heal naturally, but they may have had to remove parts of what was torn which would have had impacts on his career.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Would be great if the club could be a bit more forthcoming with information on his progress. This thread is slow to be honest. Or he needs to shot off some silly tweets... :) that would do the trick!

Last edited:

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Damn was hoping all the bumps were from an update on his rehab aswell as news of him hopefully taking the #11 shirt.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's meant to be back in full training in December so I wish him a speedy and set back free recovery. The careful plan should ensure he's as good as he was before.

December isn’t that far away - he’ll be back just in time for that ridiculous Christmas run.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He reminds of son Heung min

I can see that comparison, for me though he is a bit like Mane.

He needs to develop his link up/combination play, but his aggression both with and without the ball reminds me of Mane.

He has blistering pace and is unbelievable in the air as well.

Once it properly clicks for this lad he will explode imo, although I wouldn't expect anything from him this season.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

With modern medicine and rehabilitation a player can make full recovery from any injury, provided they aren't in their 30's. It shouldn't really have too much impact on his development. What will really stall his development is if he gets multiple injuries like this. That is ultimately what stopped Wilshere, not one or two injuries but getting injured consistently.

I'm afraid ESR is the one in real danger of his development being stunted because of his consistent injuries. Some players are really unlucky their bodies keep letting them down.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Does anyone think a January loan for Martinelli would be a better option this season than staying here and warming the bench for Laca and Eddie?

Makavelii

Does anyone think a January loan for Martinelli would be a better option this season than staying here and warming the bench for Laca and Eddie?
He’s more of a winger than a striker. He’ll get game time in cups etc.
A loan may not be a bad idea though.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He’s more of a winger than a striker. He’ll get game time in cups etc.
A loan may not be a bad idea though.
Let's say he starts in January, at that time the EL group stage and Carabao Cup are finished, which leaves him with an FA cup only. Arteta struggles to offer minutes for Pepe, so I don't think Martinelli has much of a chance to play under such manager

Makavelii

Let's say he starts in January, at that time the EL group stage and Carabao Cup are finished, which leaves him with an FA cup only. Arteta struggles to offer minutes for Pepe, so I don't think Martinelli has much of a chance to play under such manager
Yeah probably makes sense for a half season loan in Jan.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Arteta didn’t seem to rate him when he was available so watch this space.

balthazar

DSC01554.jpg

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Can't wait till this guys back. So exiting to watch. So unfazed by opposition and will work to be everything he can be. He's gonna return when we least expect it and get a reaction like Cena at the Royal Rumble.

This concerns me a bit. When he was fit he wasn't selected much. His new contract tells me he's valued though and will see plenty of game time, in Europa League and cup comps if nothing else.

He reminds of son Heung min

Good shout this. Similar playing styles. Very precise dribbling, good with both feel, strong work ethic. I definitely see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom