• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who starts alongside Partey?

Who would you start alongside Partey?

• Xhaka

• Elneny

• Ceballos

Results are only viewable after voting.

say yes

forum master baiter
Thought this was an interesting question.

Arteta clearly prefers a midfield pair sitting deeper, whether in his 523, or 433 formation.

You’d assume Partey is nailed on each week, but who starts alongside him in that deeper role (so ignoring the more advanced midfielder in a 433)?

For me, it’s a pretty tough call between Xhaka and Ceballos. Went for Xhaka in the end because:
- he’d sit more, allowing Partey to be more adventurous.
- more robust pairing defensively, which will enable us to push the FBs forward more in a 433
- Ceballos could still feature as one of the advanced midfielders
- Ceballos is only on loan, so probably best not to hedge our entire midfield on him / alienate Xhaka in case Dani is gone next year
- Partey apparently raved about the potential of his potential partnership with Xhaka in talks with the club

What do you think?

Manberg

Predator
Xhaka and Partey will be the core but I can see us going back to the 4-3-3 system (using Partey, Xhaka and Ceballos, El Neny in rotation) Arteta first deployed where Xhaka drops to left centre back when defending.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
If we are playing a 3 it’s definitely Partey/Ceballos/Xhaka. Perfect balance in this midfield and a great mix of technical and physical qualities. Also the added versatility to have Saka or Willian fill in. So many options :drool:

My hope is Guendouzi comes back refocused and reintegrates well next season. If this happens I think the midfield set is complete.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Xhaka.

Think Ceballos gets rotated or pushed further up.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Ceballos is only on loan, so probably best not to hedge our entire midfield on him / alienate Xhaka in case Dani is gone next year
So you would rather see an inferior player because the other guy is on loan? Even if we can't get him on a permanent deal, it will be a priority position to improve next summer.
You don't buy Partey to play him next to Xhaka ffs

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Partey looks like he can do exactly what Xhaka can do and then some!

Hoping we eventually move to a 4-3-3 with Partey-Ceballos-Saka in the middle, great mix there...still hopeful we will be keeping Dani permanently from next season.

Granit is a good player, but I feel he should be a squad player at best at where I want Arsenal to be.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

So you would rather see an inferior player because the other guy is on loan? Even if we can't get him on a permanent deal, it will be a priority position to improve next summer.
Ceballos priority is to get in the Spain NT so I am pretty sure he was assured playing time, otherwise he wouldn't be here.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think it will vary but Xhaka will be the most frequent. Maybe as time passes Ceballos will become the most frequent.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Partey looks like he can do exactly what Xhaka can do and then some!

Hoping we eventually move to a 4-3-3 with Partey-Ceballos-Saka in the middle, great mix there...still hopeful we will be keeping Dani permanently from next season.

Granit is a good player, but I feel he should be a squad player at best at where I want Arsenal to be.
The head of international scouting at the time, Francis Cagigao, was spearheading Arsenal’s charm offensive. Over lunch, Partey spoke at length about his style of play, his preferred positions. He said his preference is to operate as one of a pair of deep-lying midfielders, but he can also play at the base alone. He talked admiringly of Granit Xhaka, and admitted he could envisage playing in tandem with the Switzerland international.
He joined to play with Xhaka mate lmao

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Partey and Xhaka , more interested in what will play ahead of them. Elneny several times tried to give and go with several of our forwards players.... and they could Notmanage to make a 5 yard pass with any consistency. Shocking.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
All three. Even Elneny will get play time. That said as suggested I wouldn't be surprised about a midfield three of Xhaka, Ceballos and Partey with Ceballos being the advanced midfielder.

say yes

forum master baiter
I gave five reasons for preferring Xhaka. You can’t just quote the loan one and then pretend that’s my only reason ffs :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Awful opinion. Xhaka and Partey is a perfect partnership on paper. Priority position to improve next summer is a more attacking mid, we have too many deeper midfielders and Douzi back next summer.

Jason Jace

This is a formation I will prefer
Leno

Bellerin Holding Gabriel Tierney

Ceballos Partey Xhaka

Pepe Aubameyang saka

Emile Smith Rowe(if he is any Good) can play in place of Xhaka, and play as Double 8 (alongside Ceballos)

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's gonna be Xhaka because it's always Xhaka :lol:.

I'd much prefer a 3 man with Ceballos and Saka just ahead of Partey but a Xhaka-Partey pivot is fine. 2 experienced midfielders with a decent blend is pretty much a no-brainer for Arteta. It will be interesting to see how we do set up. It's possible that he uses a 3 man with Xhaka, Partey and Ceballos - which would be a bit stodgy in terms of upward thrust but there's solidity and a bit of variety.

Partey with Saka and one of ESR/Willock in the EL would be nice to see IMO.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom