• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who starts alongside Partey?

Who would you start alongside Partey?

• Xhaka

• Elneny

• Ceballos

Results are only viewable after voting.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
It will be Xhaka and Partey at first but that's quite a stale, very Emery-like but reliable. I think creativity is still an issue so I can see Cellabos coming in in place of Xhaka. Then we sell Xhaka to Hertha Berlin and Arsenal will finally be a big club again. The evil of Xhaka will soon end, be patient Arsenal fans.

RunTheTrap

Ideally I would like to see a Partey-Willock pivot. I wasn't trying to be funny but I really want Arsenal to go back to their roots. Tall, athletic, powerful, technical midfielders that can dominate, destroy and play good football. I don't want Arsenal to be Man City and I don't want us to be Liverpool. I want Arsenal to be what made then successful and I know Arteta knows it.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
When he first played 4-3-3 it was more of a 3-2-5 in possession. I think he’ll play all 3 of them together with Xhaka moving to LCB when we have the ball to help play out from the back. Tierney and Bellerin will push really high up the pitch and Saka/Willian and Pepe will play narrower. Alternatively Pepe keeps the width and Bellerin plays more centrally.

No matter what formation he has used it’s never actually been like that when we have the ball.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Hopefully the majority of the time Arteta rolls with this...
Partey-Ceballos
-Willian/Saka​

That midfield looks great to me. No need for Xhaka’s slow (and overrated) “buildup” play. Everyone in the midfield above can receive the ball when pressed, play passes forward, and dribble and drive forward with the ball. You’d think the attackers upfront will be pretty excited to play in front of an actual functioning midfield.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
"Perfect partnership" and Xhaka will never fit together. I'm giving up on anyone who rates Xhaka over Ceballos, hopeless people

I rate Ceballos over Xhaka in certain areas, but they both have good qualities. But I'm also being realistic, Ceballos won't be here next season. Guendouzi and Torreira are coming back although the latter will be sold.

Xhaka, Guendouzi/Elneny
Partey, Willock
New creative mid, ESR/Saka

For Arteta's 433 plan will be what we'll go with long term. That creative mid that Arteta wants is obviously Aouar but he might be unattainable. Xhaka offers good balance to the team with the correct players around him.

RunTheTrap

Last couple of CL winning midfield
Real Madrid:
Modric Kroos
Casemiro

Liverpool:
Winaljdum Henderson
Fabinho

Bayern:
Muller
Grozekta/Kimmich Thiago

Just some inspiration.

Manberg

Predator
When he first played 4-3-3 it was more of a 3-2-5 in possession. I think he’ll play all 3 of them together with Xhaka moving to LCB when we have the ball to help play out from the back. Tierney and Bellerin will push really high up the pitch and Saka/Willian and Pepe will play narrower. Alternatively Pepe keeps the width and Bellerin plays more centrally.

No matter what formation he has used it’s never actually been like that when we have the ball.

I thought it’s the opposite. Xhaka moving to LCB when we don’t have the ball. My memory could be foggy.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Surprised so many say Ceballos. A left footer with his body open to the left and rightfooter to the right is key to Arteta’s build from the back plan. 100% it’s Xhaka-Partey.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Ceballos - Partey

The combination will be dynamic and dangerous. If we are going to play three in the midfield, Xhaka/Elneny will most probably join them. But I would play a Willian/Saka in front of them.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Ideally I would like to see a Partey-Willock pivot. I wasn't trying to be funny but I really want Arsenal to go back to their roots. Tall, athletic, powerful, technical midfielders that can dominate, destroy and play good football. I don't want Arsenal to be Man City and I don't want us to be Liverpool. I want Arsenal to be what made then successful and I know Arteta knows it.
tenor.gif

Partey-Azeez in a couple years :drool:. Finally could see a change of profile in the midfield, Partey could be the catalyst.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I voted Ceballos, but I understand that we dont have a completed midfield yet. This does sway my opinion toward a double pivot 2-1 midfield with Xhaka partnering Thomas.

What's interesting to me, is that on paper at least we now have 4 options in the attacking midfield role, namely Ceballos, Saka, Willian and Özil.

343 remains against the bigger sides (with Xhaka-Thomas again), this works and keeps us quite competitive.

baccy_man

Established Member
I voted for Ceballos, he tends to go forward with the ball more than Xhaka, who for me he makes too many back passes and puts the keeper under pressure when his passes don't always have enough power on them or he does not always look what is going on around him.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Go with the 3 man mid alongside Ceballos and Xhaka with Willock, Saka and Elneny as back up. A good mix of different types of players in that group.

say yes

forum master baiter
Have you got a link to this please lad? Cheers.
It’s from the Athetic’s piece on him today.

Here’s the (no doubt offending) paragraph:
The head of international scouting at the time, Francis Cagigao, was spearheading Arsenal’s charm offensive. Over lunch, Partey spoke at length about his style of play, his preferred positions. He said his preference is to operate as one of a pair of deep-lying midfielders, but he can also play at the base alone. He talked admiringly of Granit Xhaka, and admitted he could envisage playing in tandem with the Switzerland international.

Top Bottom