• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who starts alongside Partey?

Who would you start alongside Partey?

• Xhaka

• Elneny

• Ceballos

Results are only viewable after voting.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Ideally I would like to see a Partey-Willock pivot. I wasn't trying to be funny but I really want Arsenal to go back to their roots. Tall, athletic, powerful, technical midfielders that can dominate, destroy and play good football. I don't want Arsenal to be Man City and I don't want us to be Liverpool. I want Arsenal to be what made then successful and I know Arteta knows it.
Aren't many midfielders that have all those qualities., probably can't play like you used to 20 years ago mate, game has evolved.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Ideally I would like to see a Partey-Willock pivot. I wasn't trying to be funny but I really want Arsenal to go back to their roots. Tall, athletic, powerful, technical midfielders that can dominate, destroy and play good football. I don't want Arsenal to be Man City and I don't want us to be Liverpool. I want Arsenal to be what made then successful and I know Arteta knows it.
Id like us to return to powerful athletic midfield as well.

Willock isn’t it though, has to be Xhaka for me. Maybe Ceballos. Until he’s ready if he improves enough.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
tenor.gif

Partey-Azeez in a couple years :drool:. Finally could see a change of profile in the midfield, Partey could be the catalyst.
I like Azeez a lot but he plays like he's just had a spliff. Needs to up the intensity cos the boy can play.

RunTheTrap

Aren't many midfielders that have all those qualities., probably can't play like you used to 20 years ago mate, game has evolved.
Personally, I feel like the game now is more about pressing and counter pressing and attacking and defending in transitions. I feel like the Vieira's, Petits and Silvas would do fine.

RunTheTrap

Willock isn’t it though, has to be Xhaka for me. Maybe Ceballos. Until he’s ready if he improves enough.
It will be Xhaka for now but for the near future i think Willock could be it. I know he has his critics and sometimes i even look at how bad he is but I like his profile. He was a midget for most of life and in a couple of years he grows to 6ft2. He needs time to adjust to his new frame. It's really hard. It's not like he's a Pogba who was tall all his life. Big men with good feet are always worth keeping around because their power could be devastating

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Willock's still raw, but with a bit more definition could be an excellent #8. I know people are not convinced and that's cool but IMO there's a real player there if he can get it together.

I like Azeez a lot but he plays like he's just had a spliff. Needs to up the intensity cos the boy can play.
Azeez needs to play with the kind of urgency we see from Partey. Whenever Azeez is switched on, he's unplayable but it's not as often as I'd like. It's not helping matters that Bould has decided not to start him for the U23s because he now has two 19 year olds (Akinola and Olayinka) and "experience matters". We might have been better off actually loaning Azeez because sitting on the bench for the U23s does nothing for him.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Some people are underrating Xhaka imo as he was still our best midfielder when fit even though Ceballos was showing good form.

It’s obvious that Arteta rates Xhaka highly and he’ll be the one that starts alongside Partey. Got a feeling that he’ll surprise a few this season as long as he’s playing alongside Partey.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Interesting stuff, most of the comments support Xhaka as his partner, although votes are in favour of Ceballos.
I'm more concerned about how can anyone without Alzheimer's still go on about Xhaka even after Ceballos was clearly the better player for a while.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'd like to see Ceballos and Partey. Someone posted a read of Partey's attributes including his anticipation and spacial awareness and I think he can shield the back 4 cut put passes and also offer enough offensively. With Ceballos, we have a player who can receive the ball from the defence or GK, immediately turn and drive forward, Partey can do the same. Both can also get back and help defensively should we be countered. Ceballos just needs to release the ball a bit quicker at times but I'd like to see these two start.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Interesting stuff, most of the comments support Xhaka as his partner, although votes are in favour of Ceballos.
I'm more concerned about how can anyone without Alzheimer's still go on about Xhaka even after Ceballos was clearly the better player for a while.
have you seen him without a 3ATB? He looks good currently as his flaws are generally not exposed.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Willock's still raw, but with a bit more definition could be an excellent #8. I know people are not convinced and that's cool but IMO there's a real player there if he can get it together.
I agree, even though he does not do it for me right now. In terms of ceiling though, he's a bit underrated compared to some of the talents that get talked up, cause he's got it all.

I just don't get what he is doing at the moment. I think its down to being at an awkward age and level where he is just not getting enough minutes in a nailed on position.

maxxspeed

Xhaka fans are like people on twitter always the loudest but the majority knows better

OSBK

Established Member
I dont know tbh. I doubt partey starts straight away, likely partner will be xhaka to start with but DC adds a passing quality xhaka doesnt have. I highly doubt we will goto 4 at the back straight away.

In fifa mode partey and dc all day long

Top Bottom