• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Useless International matches

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
I still don’t know what it was about Ramsey that so many had it in for him. Like you said, people were trying to downplay his Euro 2016 too.
Perceptions of footballers are contagious. Ramsey's mistake was entering god mode for about 6 months, when what he should have done to remain a favourite, was to just plod along and make a few 'come on lads' tweets every week. Once he dipped back down to welsh jesus level, it wasn't enough. He left with them wanting more. That's showbiz.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Even the 17/18 season, clearly our standout player (not that anyone was exactly 10/10 that season) yet for ages Monreal was leading the race to win POTS and many were perplexed that Ramsey was even a contender.

Once people have an idea of a player in their heads it's very hard for them to admit they're wrong. We're all guilty of it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Wonder what would have happened if he didn’t get suspended v Belgium, a game he was Man of the Match in, and was able to play against Portugal.

Needless ****ing yellow card as well, had a two goal lead by then and everything.

Bale and him need each other so badly in the set up. Hopefully James and Brooks will be fit in the summer, team can do some serious damage.

Squad won’t hopefully be as reliant on two players like it was in 2016.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Needless ****ing yellow card as well, had a two goal lead by then and everything.

Bale and him need each other so badly in the set up. Hopefully James and Brooks will be fit in the summer, team can do some serious damage.

Squad won’t hopefully be as reliant on two players like it was in 2016.

What squad would you say is better, now or 2016?

Think that’s the first time I watched yous since probably 2016, you looked good tonight...your 2016 was such a good underdog team though, very scrappy with big Williams at the back, and of course a great 1-2 punch up front in Bale and Ramsey...Allen was a little warrior in that tournament, and what happened to that random striker who Cruyff-turned the two Sp**s defenders in that Belgium game, is he still playing for Wales :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What squad would you say is better, now or 2016?

Think that’s the first time I watched yous since probably 2016, you looked good tonight...your 2016 was such a good underdog team though, very scrappy with big Williams at the back, and of course a great 1-2 punch up front in Bale and Ramsey...Allen was a little warrior in that tournament, and what happened to that random striker who Cruyff-turned the two Sp**s defenders in that Belgium game, is he still playing for Wales :lol:

With everyone fit, this squad hands down. Bale and Ramsey probably aren’t as good as they were four years ago but the supporting cast is miles better.

Joe Ledley, Chester, Vokes and Robson-Kanu had no business being in a top European competition yet were absolute rocks that summer.

This time round there are some genuine top talents in the squad. James, Wilson, Ampadu and Mepham are all well known but there’s still some crazy talents like Matondo and Tyler Roberts who haven’t featured in the NT much.

Also his ankle injury has made people forget about Brooks, he’s such a talented player who could star this summer if fit.

Good mix of experience and youth, great future for this side.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
EJxfj2pWkAAFFeh.jpg

@Rex Banner

Last edited:

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
With everyone fit, this squad hands down. Bale and Ramsey probably aren’t as good as they were four years ago but the supporting cast is miles better.

Joe Ledley, Chester, Vokes and Robson-Kanu had no business being in a top European competition yet were absolute rocks that summer.

This time round there are some genuine top talents in the squad. James, Wilson, Ampadu and Mepham are all well known but there’s still some crazy talents like Matondo and Tyler Roberts who haven’t featured in the NT much.

Also his ankle injury has made people forget about Brooks, he’s such a talented player who could star this summer if fit.

Good mix of experience and youth, great future for this side.

Got a soft spot for Wales due to of course Ramsey. Was really happy when I checked my phone after training and saw they won against Hungary. Think Ramsey and Bale got another 4 years in them as leading men during which all those talents can grow. 2016 has shown they can do great stuff and I'm pretty certain with Ramsey Wales would've gone past Portugal back then, so you never know about 2020, but I think WC 2022 and EC 2024 is where it's really at for Wales.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Switzerland - Croatia 1:1 at half-time. Both teams (as anyone else I imagine) playing B-Team with some first teamers.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Beautiful goal from Giroud.
Cavaminga scored his first goal too in his second game.

Giroud now on Place 2 in France goalscorer list, just Henry in front of him.

Top Bottom