• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who starts alongside Partey?

Who would you start alongside Partey?

• Xhaka

• Elneny

• Ceballos

Results are only viewable after voting.

ArtetaOut

Imagine Kante and Partey playing alongside each other. The two hottest dudes in the league pairing up and destroying the midfield.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I know Xhaka isn’t exactly a fan favourite but him, Ceb and Partey is an excellent set of options.

Iceman10

Established Member
There will be some rotation between Xhaka, Ceballos, and Partey for two starting spots in CM (with Elneny, Willock and others for depth), but now that we have Willian, I think it would be good to try him more in the CAM role, could be a good balance for CM with him there, and we have to make the most of what we’ve got.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Add Willock to the poll please now that Guendouzi and Torreira have gone. 4 CMs is not enough for a 60 game season.
We’re gonna have to dope up some guys then. :lol:

I like Willock but if he makes it here it won’t be soon. Think we’ve seen enough to suggest that he’s a slow burner type prospect.

Luckily Partey and Xhaka both seem to be rock solid so we’re good.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I’d prefer AMN in midfield to Willock.
Tell you what, Smith-Rowe and Willock has a real opportunity to shine.

This is the most streamlined midfield we’ve had in years it might even be a bit risky. We’ve got a few guys who could play as a no8/10 like Saka, Ceballos and Willian but nobody has really cemented that role.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
As usual, i voted for the dickhead option. Wasn't expecting to see Celestis in there too ffs

Makavelii

Tell you what, Smith-Rowe and Willock has a real opportunity to shine.

This is the most streamlined midfield we’ve had in years it might even be a bit risky. We’ve got a few guys who could play as a no8/10 like Saka, Ceballos and Willian but nobody has really cemented that role.
For sure.
My vote is Willian in the short term. Worked well in the second half against Sheffield.
Ceballos if we’re being more cautious.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We’re gonna have to dope up some guys then. :lol:

I like Willock but if he makes it here it won’t be soon. Think we’ve seen enough to suggest that he’s a slow burner type prospect.

Luckily Partey and Xhaka both seem to be rock solid so we’re good.

How much has been seen of him in CM to draw that conclusion? Partey at the same age was being loaned out to Mallorca and used in random positions.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, I’m just saying Perhaps slow burner is the norm for that role. Thomas will have a big influence on the development of our young midfielders imo.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

How much has been seen of him in CM to draw that conclusion? Partey at the same age was being loaned out to Mallorca and used in random positions.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, I’m just saying Perhaps slow burner is the norm for that role. Thomas will have a big influence on the development of our young midfielders imo.
The likelihood of prospects immediately breaking into top teams seems to drop as the positions get deeper. I guess this makes sense as the off the ball side of the game takes greater importance and this is honed by not just talent but experience too.

Can’t think of many top CM/DMs/CBs who have established themselves in top sides as teenagers but could name like ten forwards.

I think Willock in his limited minutes at CM would have shown by now if he was a Camavinga type prospect, but it looks like he’s going to have to do it the long way. Which like you’ve said, is pretty normal for a central midfield player.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Ceba - Partey.

Partey is basically a direct upgrade on Xhaka. Would rather see a midfield 3 because I think all complement each other nicely. Could unlock Xhaka.

Are the two people who voted for Elneny (@razörist , @#254 ) trolling btw? Added that option as a joke and now I’m extremely worried I’m going to have to place the pair of you on my ignore / ridicule list.

Please confirm immediately. Thanks.
Trolling is not my cup. I just like to be objective by judging on current form.
Nenny has been quite good in recent times and maybe even Arteta thinks so cos he's played him more than the two in the most recent matches.

Also, your question is who starts alongside him and I feel a 4-3-3 with a CM of Nenny-Partey and Ceballos would have a good balance with all players good on the ball. Imo this CM would highly improve on our ball retention more than a pairing of Partey- Xhaka ever could.

I hope this explanation makes sense. I would hate to be on a ignore/ ridicule list:lol:. I haven't bothered to check the recent player stats of the CMs but my guess is Nenny excelled in them. I very much loved his pairing with Ceballos in the last game. They kept Sheffield at bay for the most part. In fact, Sheffield only got some ground when Ceballos was replaced for Xhaka.

Last edited:

wolfkidultman

Bear in mind that Partey was probably talking to Cagigao about Xhaka back when Ceballos was looking really average and not looking like he had a future at the club. We’ve looked unable to control games without Xhaka in the past but as Ceballos improves I hope he can do that, and the likelihood of that happening with Partey next to him is increased.

I don't want a fcuking youtube highlights player as a CM. As a CAM, maybe Ceballos can work. But at CM, you need to be tactically and positionally disciplined.
We lost all stability in CM when Xhaka was brought on for Ceballos. You did watch the game, right?

balthazar

Want to see

.............. Laca/Martinelli.........
Auba ...............................Pepe
.................ESR/Özil...............
..............Partey..Ceballos.....
Tierney Gabriel Saliba Bellerin
.......................Leno..................

Last edited:
Top Bottom