• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Agree. Yeah playing time is important but he's still a baby, he'll have plenty of opportunity to play.

Let's get him familiar with the city, his teammates, the style of play and the language then we can loan him out if needs be.

Playing regular minutes in France to him playing U23 is terrible for his development. Like taking 1 step forward 100 steps back.

I'd love to catch you slipping in your ends.

Yeah right, you were scared to go Rolling Loud when you heard I was gonna be there. Thanking god everyday it got cancelled for Covid.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah right, you were scared to go Rolling Loud when you heard I was gonna be there. Thanking god everyday it got cancelled for Covid.
:lol::lol::lol: wallad.

Playing regular minutes in France to him playing U23 is terrible for his development. Like taking 1 step forward 100 steps back.

And nah just Europa minutes and first team training. Maybe u23 just to keep him sharp.

Emibury

Hope he gets sent to a lower league team in London. He needs competitive games to develop as a centre back and get used to English football. Keeping him in London will help him settle. I'd be fine keeping him here training with the first team till January though, perhaps giving him some minutes in easier cup games.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

I was meant to go :lol: going next year probably.

Can sort a likkle AM sesh

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So does Brentford play with 2 CB's?

Seems they have Jansson & Pinnock as their clear starters. They let their 3rd most game time CB Jeanvier go to Turkey on loan.

They bought some 1 million costing CB from League One, and also some other CB loanee back from League One.

Would this mean Saliba would play those Jeanvier minutes if he went there on loan? Jeanvier played 2300 minutes in all comps last season.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
He went from regular game time in France to no minutes here, that's terrible for his development.

Unless he does a Soyuncu. Hardly fearured for LCFC in his first season but integrated into the club and was one the leagues best peforming CBs in his second season.

goonerfamily

Surely this guy is good enough to feature for the first team semi-regularly? Especially in a back three. Bit embarrassing spending 30m on a player (regardless of age) who is only championship level if so

tcahill

It's clear that our primary transfer strategy depended on us getting rid of our deadwood, especially at CB.

Saliba was originally intended to stay and play a role in the first team, but Sokratis, Mustafi, Holding and Chambers all ended up staying. Now that we can't offload them, it'd be better for him to get first team minutes elsewhere.

For those asking why he was bought in the first place, he is one of the brightest defensive prospects in the world, and could be a key player for us for the next decade.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Apparently going to Norwich on loan. I think we can say its not an issue that requires him to be close to home that is preventing him playing for us. We have deemed for one reason or another he isn't ready.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Apparently going to Norwich on loan. I think we can say its not an issue that requires him to be close to home that is preventing him playing for us. We have deemed for one reason or another he isn't ready.
I'd prefer Brentford because they are in London, and also have some young French players

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
The situation is just weird to me because it feels like he hasn't been given a real chance. He looked really good in the first pre-season game and after the two *behind-closed-doors* ones he got frozen out.

Unless he had the most shocking performances ever in those two games I can't really see what warranted him not even getting on the bench.

Goonger

I just hope we are not pissing this lad off that it affects his opinion of us in the short to mid term.

If he's going on loan, then that's 2 years into his deal not with us. We would really need to be looking to tie the lad down in the 12 months that followed at the latest.

Im not against loaning him out, just hope the lad is buying into what Arteta's vision for him is.

Balboa

What leagues is he now elligible to be loaned to (prior to the winter transfer window opening) and what are the deadline dates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom