• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who starts alongside Partey?

Who would you start alongside Partey?

• Xhaka

• Elneny

• Ceballos

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'd really like to eventually see a midfield trio of Ceballos Partey and Saka in the more easy games. I think that midfield would have everything.

In tougher games I would go for a Ceballos Partey Xhaka trio but not sure that would actually work in reality.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Xhaka is getting benched hopefully. I think Arteta realizes that we can actually play more on the offensive without him. As soon as we brought him on at Sheffield we lost the midfield and we were immediately on the defensive.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bear in mind that Partey was probably talking to Cagigao about Xhaka back when Ceballos was looking really average and not looking like he had a future at the club. We’ve looked unable to control games without Xhaka in the past but as Ceballos improves I hope he can do that, and the likelihood of that happening with Partey next to him is increased.

We’ve struggled at that ever since we lost Santi. Xhaka’s major contribution has been increasing our defensive third possession stats, and I’d challenge anyone who claims that to be controlling games.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Want to see

.............. Laca/Martinelli.........
Auba ...............................Pepe
.................ESR/Özil...............
..............Partey..Ceballos.....
Tierney Gabriel Saliba Bellerin
.......................Leno..................

Swap Laca and Auba, and put Saka on the left, then we’re in business.

I’d also consider Willian > ESR/Özil in the hole.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Partey Xhaka
Willian
Pepe Auba Saka​

Or switch Willian for Ceballos if Pepe is going to continue to start from the bench

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ceballos has been incredible to watch last few weeks so I can see him playing most games with Thomas.

I don’t think we’ll see a two long term though, got to imagine it’ll be Xhaka sitting deep protected by two mobile midfielders in Thomas and Dani.

Then a three of Willian, Pepe, Auba and Laca up front.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Partey Xhaka
Willian
Pepe Auba Saka​

Or switch Willian for Ceballos if Pepe is going to continue to start from the bench

Like the look of this, although I don't think we will see a nailed on first 11. There will be rotation between Xhaka/Ceballos/Willian/Saka/Pepe dependent on the game.

Auba and Partey will be the only two players that play every game imo.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
yes, but he is a perma-crock. Sadly. Like Diaby :(:(:(

“Whenever there is a Diaby thing it is always related to me. He could have a migraine and it would be Dan Smith. I think about what might have happened to my career if if were not for that tackle, probably every day.” Dan Smith, 2015

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
“Whenever there is a Diaby thing it is always related to me. He could have a migraine and it would be Dan Smith. I think about what might have happened to my career if if were not for that tackle, probably every day.” Dan Smith, 2015
Is that little **** having a laugh? He thinks a guy he ruined somehow ruined his career? Some woke 80k a year psychologist probably told him that... Jesus.

Makavelii

I really hope there's more to what he said and you've chosen to just cut out the part where he apologises for 15 minutes.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I think personally it should be Partey and Ceballos.
But no one really knows who will be starting alongside Partey.
But the only thing we know is that Partey will be the permanent fixture in that midfield.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Arteta has been reluctant to play Xhaka, Cellabos and Elneny in a midfield 3. It's always been 2 of them at one point. Pretty clear to me that Arteta sees Partey, Cellabos, Xhaka and Elneny as his deepest midfielders. I think it's more likely that the 3rd man will one of Willian, Saka, Willock or ESR.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Bear in mind that Partey was probably talking to Cagigao about Xhaka back when Ceballos was looking really average and not looking like he had a future at the club. We’ve looked unable to control games without Xhaka in the past but as Ceballos improves I hope he can do that, and the likelihood of that happening with Partey next to him is increased.
We haven't controlled a game since Santi went lame. What we have done is negate a lot of advantages the opposition have so latterly we appear more solid but totally at the expense of chance creation. That's different to actual control. It's very basic stability. It's been a stalemate. Partey is the key to us moving forward as he can take care of his own business. All we need to do now is find someone equally capable to pass to.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

It may be premature but the subbing of Xhaka and then him not starting is so rare in his arsenal career that I think it could signal Arteta doesn't seem him as the future

Partey Ceballos Saka

Top Bottom