• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

Will be surprised if he plays for another club again after he leaves us. No club in their right mind is gonna touch him.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Will be surprised if he plays for another club again after he leaves us. No club in their right mind is gonna touch him.

Does Erdogan own any football clubs? Surely he will sign him.

Keplaz

He will get a club. Possibly in Turkey. Maybe stateside. He can still dominate in a lesser league and contribute in a tougher one. The situation has just become toxic here.

Gooner1988TK

If Özil only cares about the money he would have taken the payout. He would have easily made more money taking it and then moving to another club. All he is doing now is to make sure other clubs are wary of having him on big wages, cause it's a proven fact that he won't leave if he doesn't make it.

They will be wary of having him on anything more than a 12 month contract too tbh. If he’s very lucky he might get a 2 year deal but no one is giving him 3.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If it’s because of his criticism of China then that’s even worse.

It wasn’t down to performance on the pitch as Özil at his worst is a better squad member that Willock at his best.
Özil of the past two years barely gave us four assist:lol:

Willock was our highest scoring midfielder last season, you know?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
People have forgotten just how good he can be. The club should be ashamed with how they’ve treated him. I can’t wait to hear Özil’s side of the story once he’s gone.

If he’s been frozen out for rejecting a pay cut, which he has every right to, that would be a disgusting move by the club.

If it’s because of his criticism of China then that’s even worse.

It wasn’t down to performance on the pitch as Özil at his worst is a better squad member that Willock at his best.
It’s probably a lot of things tbh. You’ve just reeled off two reasons without even referencing Arteta’s new set of expectations... on the pitch.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The ones the player was meeting before the pay cut?
I guess he wanted to at least have a look at him before he identified the best way forward. Not saying the pay cut wasn’t a factor but, as I’ve said before, if it was, then I guess that Mikel wanted the highest earner to put the team first and come in line with the rest of them. You have to say, this is super strong management from Mikel. He’s taking no **** whatsoever. True gooners should be proud. It’s very reassuring, for me.

sykesy69

While it's clear there's fault on both sides, hasn't he ultimately shown that he can't be trusted or counted on anymore.

Hasn't he been accused of pulling out of squads late?
Thought he was above making zoom calls during lockdown?
Just in the last 3 months PR stunts sealing his fate.
Speaking out on the muslims in China, without running it through the club. (As commendable as it is, without consulting the club you're putting them in a tough position they haven't asked for)

That's without talking about his attitude/performance on the pitch at times or what may have been the straw breaking the camels back his refusal to take a paycut.

From the time Arteta stepped through the door he's been trying to instil a collective mindset over an individualistic mindset as part of his non-negotiables.

All of the above screams a mindset focused on themselves and not the collective one bit.

I don't know about everyone else, but if you really love the club like he says he does, I can't get my head around watching the rest of your team mates taking the cut (which was incentivised to be no cut by making CL) and you being the biggest earner of them all and not. The amount of respect I'd lose for him being a low earner would be huge.

All of a sudden he wants to be the White Knight and use 1/5th of his weekly salary to pay for 1 employees salary, rather than taking the cut and potentially paying multiple salaries or making the club more resistant in whatever way to the ills or CV19.

Or what about knowing you're no longer wanted, if you love the club so much, why not negotiate a settlement to leave and both parties moving on with a mutual respect.

I'm backing Arteta all the way on this one, I think he's assessed that Özil's more interested in doing his own thing, than things that benefit the team as a whole.

It's clear that Özil cares more about his money and sticking it to the club (he loves).

Rant over!!

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I guess he wanted to at least have a look at him before he identified the best way forward. Not saying the pay cut wasn’t a factor but, as I’ve said before, if it was, then I guess that Mikel wanted the highest earner to put the team first and come in line with the rest of them. You have to say, this is super strong management from Mikel. He’s taking no **** whatsoever. True gooners should be proud. It’s very reassuring, for me.

Mikel made the board do openly what they were doing underhandedly and passing the buck and blame on to the manager. If you want the manager not to play him, then either sell him, buy him out or leave him out of the squad. Dont leave the manager holding the can.

its ok, the bum squad can be proud too... go ahead. Even though you will pretend to the end that its Arteta you are supporting, to further your agenda.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
While it's clear there's fault on both sides, hasn't he ultimately shown that he can't be trusted or counted on anymore.

Speaking out on the muslims in China, without running it through the club. (As commendable as it is, without consulting the club you're putting them in a tough position they haven't asked for)

That's without talking about his attitude/performance on the pitch at times or what may have been the straw breaking the camels back his refusal to take a paycut.

From the time Arteta stepped through the door he's been trying to instil a collective mindset over an individualistic mindset as part of his non-negotiables.

All of the above screams a mindset focused on themselves and not the collective one bit.

I don't know about everyone else, but if you really love the club like he says he does, I can't get my head around watching the rest of your team mates taking the cut (which was incentivised to be no cut by making CL) and you being the biggest earner of them all and not. The amount of respect I'd lose for him being a low earner would be huge.

All of a sudden he wants to be the White Knight and use 1/5th of his weekly salary to pay for 1 employees salary, rather than taking the cut and potentially paying multiple salaries or making the club more resistant in whatever way to the ills or CV19.

Or what about knowing you're no longer wanted, if you love the club so much, why not negotiate a settlement to leave and both parties moving on with a mutual respect.

I'm backing Arteta all the way on this one, I think he's assessed that Özil's more interested in doing his own thing, than things that benefit the team as a whole.

It's clear that Özil cares more about his money and sticking it to the club (he loves).

Rant over!!
Not a rant. It’s good food for thought actually.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Özil the footballer is long since finished at Arsenal.
Özil the shirt seller/social media influencer to the muslim world still had some mileage when he signed that new contract. The Kroenkes knew as much, albeit maybe expecting more from Özil the footballer and here we now are as its backfired on them by him screwing them over with China et al. As for Özil the footballer, I think the fact he now cant even get in the Arsenal squad says it all and the debate is finished as to what/whether he will contribute for us.
To put him down as some business loss is naive as well. Özil is and was an extremely marketable commodity to a certain type of person (I wont say Arsenal fans as they aren't), the Kroenke's, I'm sure have had their moneys worth in fact. This doesn't sit well with me given how much he's played just after the contract and how little he's returned as a footballer. Was he in there just for shirt sales at one stage? The football went off a cliff exactly straight after certainly.
Nonetheless as shown by this board the Özil faithful will happily stroke the shaft, lick the balls and merrily swallow the gravy for their now totally inactive hero. Even if he clubbed baby seals/committed war crimes against Armenians for his buddy they would find an excuse for him.

Last edited:

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Now this is just silly... It didnt end well for sure, but most failed transfers? Ever heard of Veron? Shevchenko? Robinho?

Silly and out of proportion but not too far from what i think of it. Several factors at play, like Price and the actual need of the team back in 2013.

Rich of Gary calling other peeps opinions rubbish

Özil at Arsenal was a bad investment

kash2

Özil the footballer is long since finished at Arsenal.
Özil the shirt seller/social media influencer to the muslim world still had some mileage when he signed that new contract. The Kroenkes knew as much, albeit maybe expecting more from Özil the footballer and here we now are as its backfired on them by him screwing them over with China et al. As for Özil the footballer, I think the fact he now cant even get in the Arsenal squad says it all and the debate is finished as to what/whether he will contribute for us.
To put him down as some business loss is naive as well. Özil is and was an extremely marketable commodity to a certain type of person (I wont say Arsenal fans as they aren't), the Kroenke's, I'm sure have had their moneys worth in fact. This doesn't sit well with me given how much he's played just after the contract and how little he's returned as a footballer. Was he in there just for shirt sales at one stage? The football went off a cliff exactly straight after certainly.
Nonetheless as shown by this board the Özil faithful will happily stroke the shaft, lick the balls and merrily swallow the gravy for their now totally inactive hero. Even if he clubbed baby seals/committed war crimes against Armenians for his buddy they would find an excuse for him.
too long a dry spell eh ! :rofl:

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
too long a dry spell eh ! :rofl:

When Arteta came to Arsenal I was of the opinion that a) he would be a continuance of the failed tactics and philosophy of Wenger and b) was a cheap pliable option that the Kroenkes could use to enhance their riches. When Arteta continued with your little friend I doubted whether he'd be any good as a manager frankly as that wasn't any sort of new start and it didnt work. It took a lockdown and some soul searching for a couple of months (as opposed to almost 30 years of support to that point) but now I'm onboard.
Arteta has proven me wrong, good, Im glad to admit it as I care about Arsenal the English football club and institution, not one overated player who isn't fit to lick Bergkamp or Adams boots when it comes to service to my club.
Now he seems to have realized what anyone who knows anything about current present day football and supports Arsenal knows.
Özil is not good enough to be in the Arsenal squad anymore, its confirmed and is a fact, suck it up. He's german division 2 level now at best, I wasnt wrong about that and gladly now the football people at Arsenal football club feel the same.
People like you will trickle away like a stream of warm piss once this sham of a footballer is out of Arsenal football club. Again, good.

kash2

When Arteta came to Arsenal I was of the opinion that a) he would be a continuance of the failed tactics and philosophy of Wenger and b) was a cheap pliable option that the Kroenkes could use to enhance their riches. When Arteta continued with your little friend I doubted whether he'd be any good as a manager frankly as that wasn't any sort of new start and it didnt work. It took a lockdown and some soul searching for a couple of months (as opposed to almost 30 years of support to that point) but now I'm onboard.
Arteta has proven me wrong, good, Im glad to admit it as I care about Arsenal the English football club and institution, not one overated player who isn't fit to lick Bergkamp or Adams boots when it comes to service to my club.
Now he seems to have realized what anyone who knows anything about current present day football and supports Arsenal knows.
Özil is not good enough to be in the Arsenal squad anymore, its confirmed and is a fact, suck it up. He's german division 2 level now at best, I wasnt wrong about that and gladly now the football people at Arsenal football club feel the same.
People like you will trickle away like a stream of warm piss once this sham of a footballer is out of Arsenal football club. Again, good.
its not a zero sum game dear hate squad. you can like both.

the excretory nature of posting gives you away little @Jury wannabe/alt

TinFish

Rant over!!

Great post mate. Agree with almost all of it apart from the last few sentences. No one truly knows what's going on for sure so it's tough to make accurate assumptions right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom