• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not necessarily, I think you’re hoping he isn’t because you don’t want him to displace your boy, Lacazette :D

I think a lot of the fans on here want Daka due to the fact that we’re usually slow on these sort of players that are on the verge of turning into quality players. BVB are fantastic at identifying these talents, they done it with Haaland, Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Dembele etc and the risk they took on those players have worked out fantastically for them.
I would love a Laca replacement man. I’m just very wary of how the PL chews up most strikers and makes them look average as hell.

These days you spend 30M+ on a striker and it doesn’t even guarantee they’ll be good. Haller has been benched by Antonio for example and Joelinton is awful.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
These days you spend 30M+ on a striker and it doesn’t even guarantee they’ll be good. Haller has been benched by Antonio for example and Joelinton is awful.
I get why West Ham spent that money on Haller but that Joelinton signing was always going to be an uphill battle. He only scored 7 goals in his 30 Bundesliga games the season Newcastle signed him, why was he worth £35-40m?

Last edited:

balthazar

So to me it seems that we've got 2 tiers of players we're after:

Relatively cheap and/or smaller league clubs: Daka, Szoboslai, Buendia, Benrahma, Edouard, Aarons...

Relatively expensive but Mikel's wish: Houssem Aouar.

Hope they also take a serious look at Nikola Vlasic at CSKA Moscow, think he is ready the return to the PL

BobP

Memri Fan
Saka isn’t a regular starter like Szoboszlai is. Just because they’re the same age doesn’t mean they develop at the same rate. Consistency usually develops with experience.

One plays in a farmer's league, the other is shaping up to be a premier player in one of the best leagues in the world...

Breezy

One plays in a farmer's league, the other is shaping up to be a premier player in one of the best leagues in the world...

Which doesn’t invalidate anything I said. We’re not comparing which of the two is the better player here. Besides one can also make the argument that Bukayo is surrounded by teammates of far greater quality.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I get why West Ham spent that money on Haller but that Joelinton signing was always going to be an uphill battle. He only scored 7 goals in his 30 Bundesliga games the season Newcastle signed him, why was he worth £35-40m?
Think Joelinton was meant to be a potential job but yeah. If you're only scoring 7 in the bundesliga you shouldn't even bother coming to the PL as a striker.:lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Any talented players in the Championship this season that we will ignore and not buy?

Not many new ones who’d be worth buying really. There’s a lot of decent talents at Norwich, Watford and Bournemouth but they’re hardly new.

Esteves at Reading is supposedly a world class RB talent but he’s on loan from Porto. Jozwiak is someone I’d heard a bit about over in Poland before he went to Derby this summer and seems he’s settled well.

Also I’ve seen Tyrese Campbell play a couple of times for Shrewsbury and I’ll follow how he gets on at Stoke because I do see a potential PL player in him.

Otherwise usual suspects like Mbuemo are the ones we should be tracking but there’s no one I’d really have on the same level as Eze, Bowen or Watkins last year.

Not many new ones who’d be worth buying really. There’s a lot of decent talents at Norwich, Watford and Bournemouth but they’re hardly new.

Esteves at Reading is supposedly a world class RB talent but he’s on loan from Porto. Jozwiak is someone I’d heard a bit about over in Poland before he went to Derby this summer and seems he’s settled well.

Also I’ve seen Tyrese Campbell play a couple of times for Shrewsbury and I’ll follow how he gets on at Stoke because I do see a potential PL player in him.

Otherwise usual suspects like Mbuemo are the ones we should be tracking but there’s no one I’d really have on the same level as Eze, Bowen or Watkins last year.

Must have been hard for you to see your boys Martinez, Grealish and Watkins take Liverpool to a course in football last week when Leno, Laca and Auba fell short on the same matter few days earlier.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Think Joelinton was meant to be a potential job but yeah. If you're only scoring 7 in the bundesliga you shouldn't even bother coming to the PL as a striker.:lol:

Thing is he did play something resembling Firmino's role at Hoffenheim under Nagelsmann getting Kramaric and others into play as a hard working, technically sound and mobile yet physical pivot. Joelinton definitely isn't an out and out goalscoring type of CF as which he was bought by Newcastle.

He's surely not on Firmino's level but along two more striker-like goalscoring wide forwards or in a two with a partner with more output he could very well still work out.

Last edited:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Thing is he did play something resembling Firmino's role at Hoffenheim under Nagelsmann getting Kramaric and others into play as a hard working, technically sound and mobile pivot. Joelinton definitely isn't an out and out goalscoring type of CF as which he was bought by Newcastle.

He's surely not on Firmino's level but along two more striker-like goalscoring wide forwards or in a two with a partner with more output he could very well still work out.
I see, that makes a lot more sense.

BobP

Memri Fan
Which doesn’t invalidate anything I said. We’re not comparing which of the two is the better player here. Besides one can also make the argument that Bukayo is surrounded by teammates of far greater quality.

You attributed sausagepies flakiness to his age. I put forward Saka as an example of a player who was the same age but who was performing consistently in a much tougher league against more accomplished opponents.

If age was the key variable in determining consistency of performance then Saka would also be flakey.

Breezy

You attributed sausagepies flakiness to his age. I put forward Saka as an example of a player who was the same age but who was performing consistently in a much tougher league against more accomplished opponents.

If age was the key variable in determining consistency of performance then Saka would also be flakey.

Did you miss the part where I specifically said that young players develop at different rates.

Was Cristiano Ronaldo as consistent at 19 as he was at 23-24?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Sausagepie cncnjxkxkzkzkzka:rofl:

say yes

forum master baiter
Mods can we re-open & move some of this to the Aouar thread? @American_Gooner @yousif_arsenal

Reckon there is going to be a lot of post-mortem about our move for him this summer which might get lost in here.

Also potentially a lot of January links..

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not sure we will go back in for Aouar. It would have left a sour taste on our mouths when you consider his agent is his brother. Effectively we would be paying whatever agent fee directly to Aouar himself.

Edu mentioned physicality alot in his interview and praised the speed of Willian. If we are looking to go for Edouard as a CF, then the next key signing is a cm who can play alongside Partey. Someone who can sit if Partey goes forward and someone who can attack when Partey sits. Is that Soboszlai?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom