• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 941,529
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Aouar was asked if he was disappointed at not signing for us:

I’m the opposite. I am at home, in the club that I love, with my friends and my family.

So certainly I have all my bearings and it is giving me even more motivation to have a good season and to bring the club back to the top places in Ligue 1.

There is a lot of motivation, we have a quality group, with a very good team, notably in attack with certain arrivals.

We have satisfied with this team but now we are going to have to show it on the pitch a bit more than we have done at the beginning of this season.”

----------------------------------

Seething! :lol:

I just feel like player statements are brainstormed by PR teams now and mean nothing.

balthazar

Find that all a bit hard to believe. If Aouar had 'his heart set on Arsenal' then seems doubtful he'd allow his brother asking for crazy amounts to stop the deal

It's not sure that Houssen knew about it. I've heard interviews from players who didn't get their desired move because their agent was demanding too much without the player knowing about it. In some cases, the player didn't even know the interest and offers from a club because the agent wanted them to go to another club.
Think its time for FIFA to clean up this whole agent mess. But it's a bit hard when they are equally corrupt. There should be a standard 3% agent fee for each transfer.

daron christie

It's not sure that Houssen knew about it. I've heard interviews from players who didn't get their desired move because their agent was demanding too much without the player knowing about it. In some cases, the player didn't even know the interest and offers from a club because the agent wanted them to go to another club.
Think its time for FIFA to clean up this whole agent mess. But it's a bit hard when they are equally corrupt. There should be a standard 3% agent fee for each transfer.

I think this would inflate players values

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Surprised this is still unlocked, I think the ship has sailed on Aouar.
Next season all the big clubs will be in for him and Lyon will ask for premium. Even if we make CL we might have other targets who can offer something similar for a cheaper price.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Surprised this is still unlocked, I think the ship has sailed on Aouar.
Next season all the big clubs will be in for him and Lyon will ask for premium. Even if we make CL we might have other targets who can offer something similar for a cheaper price.

Money talks and with Özil going out wage offer might be enough to tempt Aouar.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Yeah but it's his brother. Be a bit weird and if he found out he'd ruin his chances as his agent and his relationship as a brother so think it's unlikely

Think Zidanes in his ear

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
His agent f**ked him the chance of signing him now all but gone unless lyon open to sell for 40m and his agent don't ask for ridiculous agent fee.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Elaborate, I don't really understand the point you're making. ESR is an example of what? I mean he's still very much in the development stage.
Injuries, mentality, luck. A player like Auoar has performed in the Champions League and Ligue 1. Rowe has, despite of his talent, done absolutely nothing remarkable.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Injuries, mentality, luck. A player like Auoar has performed in the Champions League and Ligue 1. Rowe has, despite of his talent, done absolutely nothing remarkable.

Right but ESR is 2 years younger, off the back of a good loan spell, and still has an excellent chance of making it. "Future success" kinda sounds like he's already failed.

It was only really 2 years ago that Aouar properly burst onto the scene with Lyon. If ESR ends up having a major impact this season then it'd be quite similar to Aouar. There's no guarantees he will of course, but I still think people shouldn't overlook how young he is still. I remember it was until Aaron Ramsey was 22 when he properly started to fulfill his potential, prior to that I saw people on here who would've been happy to sell him to a club like Fulham for peanuts.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Right but ESR is 2 years younger, off the back of a good loan spell, and still has an excellent chance of making it. "Future success" kinda sounds like he's already failed.

It was only really 2 years ago that Aouar properly burst onto the scene with Lyon. If ESR ends up having a major impact this season then it'd be quite similar to Aouar. There's no guarantees he will of course, but I still think people shouldn't overlook how young he is still. I remember it was until Aaron Ramsey was 22 when he properly started to fulfill his potential, prior to that I saw people on here who would've been happy to sell him to a club like Fulham for peanuts.
Did you see the close control of Aouar? How he dribbled past players with skill moves? The pin point iniesta-que through pass. The football IQ, game reading, decision making...... Aouar is a world class talent. ESR is not bad but he is far from that standard. Stop being disrespectful to Aouar and making yourself look embarrassed.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Did you see the close control of Aouar? How he dribbled past players with skill moves? The pin point iniesta-que through pass. The football IQ, game reading, decision making...... Aouar is a world class talent. ESR is not bad but he is far from that standard. Stop being disrespectful to Aouar and making yourself look embarrassed.

Eh? Ok. :lol:

Reactions: A_G

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Aouar's brother prices him out of a move to Arsenal. Needs to develop a ruthless streak and cut ties. Like AMN who had no qualms about letting his mother live in a storage container.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom