• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who starts alongside Partey?

Who would you start alongside Partey?

• Xhaka

• Elneny

• Ceballos

Results are only viewable after voting.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
When you can't come up with an actual argument in favor of a player "hE wAntEd hIm aT CiTeH"
Clutching at straws as always to defend an obvious bang average player
You almost get the feeling they couldn't afford him. :D
Would be more interesting to know why they didn't go for him instead

Jae

Honestly don't care. Whoever is playing best and in form deserves the spot. Think Cebellos is the better player, but might not be the best fit for the team depending on our formation and who are opposition are. Will trust Arteta to make the right call.

In all honesty I think we'll see it mixed up. Gone are the days under Wenger where it would be the same team and formation every week regardless of who we were playing.

(Not a dig at Wenger before anyone moans :lol:)

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Why do people use City’s recruitment policy or potential signings as a positive? How many times have we criticised City’s poor signings? Stones, Otamendi, Delph, Mendy, Ake, etc. Are these signings to be clamouring for? Let’s not forget the “almost” signings like Fred, Maguire and Xhaka. Hardly anything to brag about. Chances are if City signed Xhaka back in 2016, I doubt they’re winning 100 points. One thing that Pep values in his DM is comfort under pressure. You are not getting that with Granit Xhaka.

Hahah. I'm not talking about City at all. I said Arteta likes him and had him as one of the players on his list when he was there, and was happy when Arsenal got him.

Pretty funny when I say many things here and then Xhaka "haters" jump in and claim my only argument is City wanting him while they don't even realize why I said it. :lol:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I hope that it is Ceballos, but deep down, we all know Xhaka will be no.1 in line.

Having options is a good thing though. I'd like a Partey, Ceballos and Willian trio in Central midfield, but there may be games where we need Xhaka's physicality and positioning or games where we need El Nennys simplicity and work rate.

drippin

I hope that it is Ceballos, but deep down, we all know Xhaka will be no.1 in line.

Having options is a good thing though. I'd like a Partey, Ceballos and Willian trio in Central midfield, but there may be games where we need Xhaka's physicality and positioning or games where we need El Nennys simplicity and work rate.

Just have to mention one funny thought. Someone said he thinks Elneny can replace Xhaka.

Imagine Arteta going to City and having Elneny as one of his players on his list to get, like he had Xhaka. :lol:

giphy.gif

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Just have to mention one funny thought. Someone said he thinks Elneny can replace Xhaka.

Imagine Arteta going to City and having Elneny as one of his players on his list to get, like he had Xhaka. :lol:

giphy.gif

I'm confused! Are you giving Xhaka props or just hammering El Nenny?!

El Nenny is fine as back up. Xhaka will be in and around the starting line up. Partey and Ceballos would be the two I'd pick with a natural attacker in front of them.

drippin

I'm confused! Are you giving Xhaka props or just hammering El Nenny?!

El Nenny is fine as back up. Xhaka will be in and around the starting line up. Partey and Ceballos would be the two I'd pick with a natural attacker in front of them.

Nah, I like Elneny as a squaddie, especially nowadays under Arteta.

I'm just laughing that someone would suggest Elneny being better than Xhaka, and that combined with the Arteta's City comment about Xhaka (which was laughed at here just above) makes pretty good humour to me.

Pep's facial expression would have been interesting to see if Arteta suggested to get Elneny.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This summer we’ve signed two players who basically start for all of our rivals.

That’s the way to get ahead of them. Partey is special because you could argue he starts for any team in the league not just our rivals. Really special signing.

Last edited:

drippin

This summer we’ve signed two players who basically start for all of our rivals.

That’s just the way to get ahead of them. Partey is special because you could argue he starts for any team in the league not just our rivals. Really special signing.

I still can't believe it, I can't even count how many years too late for such a signing. I really wonder what was Wenger thinking. And I love him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
There will be times when it's Ceballos, there will be times when it will be Xhaka, there will even be times when it's Elneny...we might even see the likes of Willian and Saka play centrally at some point in a 4-3-3.

But the main thing we should all focus on isn't who plays next to Partey, but Partey himself...we actually have Thomas Partey, a 27 year old Thomas Partey is playing for The Arsenal!

We now have a proper midfielder, one who can really anchor our team...teams used to look at our midfield these past few years with glee really, knowing we had massive issues there...now when opposition players look at our midfield, trying to spot the weak link, they will see our beautiful Ghana-saurus looking right back at them like...

PRUcuW.gif

...they will see a player who isn't to be ****ed with, a team that isn't quite a soft touch anymore...they will see an Arsenal Football Club we can all be proud of.

All because of Thomas "****ing" Partey :drool:

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
What do you mean by important? Is that someone who is considered a starter or someone who has to perform if we want to win?
For example, Bellerin is a starter, but it would be a joke to say he is important to us, but Auba is important and a starter.
Xhaka will probably somehow find a place in this team (probably at the expense of Ceballos or Pepe who are both better players), but he will never be an important player for us. Important players are Auba, Partey, Gabriel, Ceballos, and hopefully Pepe. These are the players you expect to lead the team if we want to achieve anything this season, everyone else is expendable and not that important.

My main issue with having Xhaka next to Partey is that we don't know how Ceballos will perform in the number 10 role. If he doesn't do well he needs to go back to play next to Partey and Xhaka will need to be dropped.
If Ceballos does well, and we can play Pepe/Willian on the wings with Auba up front, I'm OK with Xhaka, but that's far from saying he will be important to us.

You can gauge how important a player is to a manager the amount of times they start for them. In that sense any starter or even a regular is an important player. If they weren't they would be rotated in and out of the team or not even play. That doesn't necessarily even mean the manager rates them highly, just that the manager rates them the highest of the current options available to him. Similarly in your opinion Bellerin might not seem important but again he is certainly important in Mikel's eyes. When fit he always starts except the odd cup game or when being rested. You might consider Pepe an important player but for Arteta he is anything but. That could well change in the future but right now the fact he is omitted so often is clear demonstration that Arteta doesn't consider him important.

Do I think Xhaka is more important than Pepe? Not at all. I think Pepe has far better upside, far higher ceiling. But that is me, it doesn't matter who I think is important to get a result.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Are people really believing that Arteta would have bought Xhaka at City? :lol:
I would like to live with such a level of innocence. Where can I buy it?

Top Bottom