• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Just like on football field eh?

If he got sued to court, I wonder would he defend even then or try to attack the other side.

Not defending seems a big part of his life for sure. ;) :lol:
yup.. dont be so defensive when you get called out for not knowing he is an attacker

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
yup.. dont be so defensive when you get called out for not knowing he is an attacker
He is making stuff up, I was not criticising Özil for not doing defensive work.

It’s iniesta. Not Xavi. And the point is not about these three players FFS.
Most other attacking midfielders does minimal defensive work, but they are not being labelled lazy. Özil is lazy because we don’t see enough action from him.
Other attacking midfielders are not called lazy. Because they actively contributed a lot in the general play. Being the main provider of supply for the team. Özil creates no supply. He need supply from others in order to make his final pass. At least they are useful in more phases of the game, not just one.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Özil’s limitations in his attributes makes him an inconsistent player. He only has himself to blame.

We can take a look how this "inconsistent player" was estimated through these honours. By default, if you get any "of the year" mention/award, it means you're pretty consistent.

Individual

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That's how you see it. I see it more that people love/loved Özil and love Arsenal, and wanted to understand what has resulted in this. While explaining their views.
They're not understanding anything mate, just pontificating in circles.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We can take a look how this "inconsistent player" was estimated through these honours. By default, if you get any "of the year" mention/award, it means you're pretty consistent.

Individual
How many of those are significant when we’re talking about whether he was a consistent performer for Arsenal though or even for just that year? I mean, e.g., 16th place in the 2013 Ballon d’or? :lol: And of those acknowledgements that might indicate he was consistent that year, who’s actually voting on them?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
107 pages of reasons why Özil is as frozen as the smile on a mother in laws face, meeting her beloved sons new tattooed girlfriend.

No effort, lazy, past it, no consistency, refusing the pay cut, upsetting the Chinese, relationship with Erdogan, prefers playing Fortnite . . . it's all here munching bandwidth for no apparent reason other than people love a conspiracy theory.
It’s called speculating, given that we’ve got nothing 100% to go on. I’d sooner see this locked and never opened again, but someone somewhere thinks it’s worth keeping open!

drippin

How many of those are significant when we’re talking about whether he was a consistent performer for Arsenal though or even for just that year though? I mean, e.g., 16th place in the 2013 Ballon d’or? :lol: And of those acknowledgements that might indicate he was consistent that year, who’s actually voting on them?

I'm not sure why you have to come help Football Manager in this.

He claimed Özil was inconsistent as a player because of his attributes. And that I make things up.

Anyway:

"The FIFA Ballon d'Or ("Golden Ball") was an annual association football award presented to the world's best men's player from 2010 to 2015. Awarded jointly by FIFA and France Football, the prize was a merger of the FIFA World Player of the Year award and the Ballon d'Or, the two most prestigious individual honours in world football. Unlike the Ballon d'Or awarded by France Football, the FIFA Ballon d'Or, was not awarded based on votes from international journalists, but votes from national team coaches and captains, who selected the players they deemed to have performed the best in the previous calendar year."

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'm not sure why you have to come help Football Manager in this.

He claimed Özil was inconsistent as a player because of his attributes. And that I make things up.

Anyway:

"The FIFA Ballon d'Or ("Golden Ball") was an annual association football award presented to the world's best men's player from 2010 to 2015. Awarded jointly by FIFA and France Football, the prize was a merger of the FIFA World Player of the Year award and the Ballon d'Or, the two most prestigious individual honours in world football. Unlike the Ballon d'Or awarded by France Football, the FIFA Ballon d'Or, was not awarded based on votes from international journalists, but votes from national team coaches and captains, who selected the players they deemed to have performed the best in the previous calendar year."
Apart from the top 4 or so, the Ballon d’or voting is a joke. Seriously, don’t make me list the players who have been voted the most consistent high performer in the world that year by coaches and journo’s. It makes for pure comedy. It’s total horse ****. It’s honestly does not need explaining. Not helping anybody here either. It is my view.

drippin

Apart from the top 4 or so, the Ballon d’or voting is a joke. Seriously, don’t make me list the players who have been voted the most consistent high performer in the world that year by coaches and journo’s. It makes for pure comedy. It’s total horse ****. It’s honestly does not need explaining

You're entitled to your opinion. It's voted by the national team coaches and captains.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You're entitled to your opinion. It's voted by the national team coaches and captains.
Go and look at some of those esteemed coaches and national team coaches’ selections going right down the list. It’s a corrupt pile of bobbins mate. Outside the obvious picks that are always going to attract the most votes, it’s worthless.

scytheavatar

Established Member
you and your defending mantra.

Defending is an integral part of it but football is about goals.

If you want to score goals you need a strong defense. People can talk about the stacked attack we had in the Invincibles but we also had an extremely strong back 4 during that time. Cause conceding unnecessary goals is the best way to release pressure on your opponents and allow them to sit back. There's no point in talking about how many goals we can score with Özil if we are going to be conceding a lot of goals thanks to his presence too.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Individual
We're talking about his performances for Arsenal, mate. Not some useless ballon d'or ranking that he probably didn't even get up to 1% of the vote.

It's 100% factual to claim that Özil has been inconsistent for majority of his time here.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

https://rb.gy/x98xcw

Please sign and spread awareness

We feel this would be deeply sad.
Mesut has played for the club for seven years, played 254 games, scored 44 goals and assisted 77 times.

He has helped us win 4 FA cups and is extremely popular with fans with a social media following of 78 million people.

He is involved in many charity projects around the world and is responsible for bringing in countless new Arsenal fans to the club.

So these are the reason they want him to be included in the 25-man PL squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom