• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He won't be a target, but with our weird relationship with Chelsea, I'd quite like a move for Rudiger. He'd be perfect here in a 2 or 3.

Another cb signing is extremely unlikely though!
Barring injuries forcing the matter, it's hard to imagine that we will do much business in January

truth_hurts

Nobody has came in for Buendia in England or abroad. Quite telling. Thought Leeds or Villa would have a go for him. He's too good for the Championship, but don't think he's top half of the table quality for The Premier League. Would rather Cantwell.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Nobody has came in for Buendia in England or abroad. Quite telling. Thought Leeds or Villa would have a go for him. He's too good for the Championship, but don't think he's top half of the table quality for The Premier League. Would rather Cantwell.

Not so sure about that.
Let's just meet in the middle and say he has a low chance of becoming worldclass in which case we obviously would triple our investment or so.

I don't think it's very unlikely that our creativity would go up a few levels no matter what ultimate level he was to reach.
Buendia-Partey-Dani is pretty damn nice.

Then, if he does not turn out to be THAT good, you sell him for that very 20m again.
He's still young, prices will increase again, homegrown ?, Etc etc.

It's really without many downsides, there's little to lose and much to gain.

truth_hurts

Not saying he's a bad player, but would be a bit of a nothing signing. We need to be bringing in players better than what we have. Is Buendia better than Willian? No. Pepe. No. Ceballos? No. Jury would be out whether he's better than Saka or ESR.

More to the previous point, I'm not sure what he offers different to our other options bar long range shooting ability.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Don't know much about him, but he does seem to have a high ceiling. Seems a no risk signing, who we can either build our future around or sell for a huge profit.
Price quoted at between 25-30m its an easier deal to get done.

Breezy

:lol:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Would be open to a loan option for Buendia, with Saliba going the other way.

I think the problem we have is that we are stocked with players we need to ship on, in favour of potential to world class quality. Im not saying that Buendia cannot reach those heights, but we cant be stuck with another decent player who we struggle to ship on if he doesnt make the grade, or worse yet... block or main targets.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

There is talent down there. I remember we were linked to Bowden and some said he wasn't ready just yet and now he looks a smasher for West Ham. Perhaps guys like him we should be doing a Saliba. Buy them and loan them back out again. Cantwell probably beyond that stage now at 22 but I'm sure there are others bubbling under the surface at 17 - 19.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

There is talent down there. I remember we were linked to Bowden and some said he wasn't ready just yet and now he looks a smasher for West Ham. Perhaps guys like him we should be doing a Saliba. Buy them and loan them back out again. Cantwell probably beyond that stage now at 22 but I'm sure there are others bubbling under the surface at 17 - 19.
Cantwell is decent imo always looks up for it too.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
So our transfer business is really done? We're not even gonna try getting out some players on loan even if it mean paying half the wages? Plus try to get in a couple?

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So our transfer business is really done? We're not even gonna try getting out some players on loan even if it mean paying half the wages? Plus try to get in a couple?
we have to leave players out because our squad is so bloated
Even if we are able to move some players on I think we are done with incoming unless we have an injury crisis before the window and need someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom