• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
It’s called speculating, given that we’ve got nothing 100% to go on. I’d sooner see this locked and never opened again, but someone somewhere thinks it’s worth keeping open!
15 votes for cancelling the punch and judy show :rofl::rofl::rofl:

musoke

I will look back and be proud I didnt compromise my principles and didnt bend the knee. I will be proud of my medals and my skills. I will be proud I stood tall as a man and didnt worry about the personal cost. Ultimately he is an artist. This is the lot of an artist, Cesc rvp suck balls infront of Özil.

We will remember the ending of the trophy drought and the beautiful football when Özil, Cazorla, Sanchez purred and flowed on the pitch. He is the last man standing and his mate Arteta has arrived to take care of the club. Özil did his job and stood firm against the craziness of the Raul Emery ****show. True gooner and loyal player who enriched football.
Cool poem.
:lol:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
8m 'Loyalty' bonus....Sometimes you have to laugh at how poorly our club has been run off the field in the past decade or so.

You know Özil's PR team will have a field day with. They'll probably use the money to set up a Jurassic Park so Gunnersaurus has some friends to play with after 65m years, just to stick it to the club :lol:

Last edited:

musoke

The players who played between 2013 to now, should be remembered more fondly by us than the ones from 2006-2013...even the likes of Cesc and Robin who were our best players in the Emirates era, they left (they were right to leave, but they still left.) some of our players after them have better legacies here than they do even if they are not quite as good as them...but that's what it's all about at the end of the day, your legacy at a club.

Of all the great things in football, the best memories you can have as a football fan is seeing your team win trophies, it's amazing...the likes of Ramsey, Santi, Rosicky, Wilshere, Arteta, Kos, Per, Sagna and Özil...the ones that ended that trophy drought should all have a place in our hearts, as eve if their were better players before them at the new stadium, they were they group that won that first trophy here.

Mes has played a part in winning 3 FA Cups here, being a key man in our most successful group (2013-2017) at this stadium...of course he deserves some love.
Wo wo wo....
I don’t know what to say about that apart from, I absolutely don’t agree with it whatsoever.:lol:
And hey, that is the beauty of it all, We are humans and have differing opinions and view points.
We all have what we deem preferable to our own tastes as compared to others.

We all have our own interpretations of any given conundrum and it can all be valid.

We mostly all live a SUBJECTIVE life.
I will live it at that.
:)

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Re-signing Özil on this contract has to be one of the worst decisions this club has made...Ever.

No wonder the guy pretty much gave up as a footballer after he signed it. £350k a week, huge loyalty bonus, I bet he got a sizeable signing on bonus too. Gazidis should hang his head in shame.

This guy is going to be leeching off us until the second his contract expires. No chance we get rid of him when he sees that £8m coming to him at the end of the season.

Can we all agree now that he's entitled to see out his contract and the ridiculous terms we gave him, but he's not interested in being a footballer, playing games, creating a legacy etc

Last edited:

musoke

don't really care about Özil v/s anyone.

Going by your argument, Özil should not have been German player of the year Five times in succession.

As I remember it, you specifically said that he was not good even during his RM days.
What’s the nomination or voting process in this GERMAN PLAYER OF THE YEAR?
Is it like a twitter, online poll or survey thing where everyone including non Germans can vote?

Or is it like the PFA, Ballon’Dor thing where players are voted for by their peers?

What is the process?

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Club want to get rid for the money. Özil staying for the money.

837072ca19e3c5cebea76e2693f3100d.gif

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
After all this is not Özil fault we all going to do the same if we offered that lol. But it's club fault they lost about 65m pounds because Ivan panicked.

Oh_Snap

What’s the nomination or voting process in this GERMAN PLAYER OF THE YEAR?
Is it like a twitter, online poll or survey thing where everyone including non Germans can vote?

Or is it like the PFA, Ballon’Dor thing where players are voted for by their peers?

What is the process?

It's voted by the members of the DFB-Fanclub iirc, so a fan vote but not one where u can vote multiple times like twitter etc.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

No wonder he won’t leave. Mesut was entitled to an £8m bonus in his contract for staying at the club until the end of September :eek:

Gazidis has blood on his hands.
That's a whole transfer Jesus

How much money did we give this guy :lol:
Is there another lump sum payment if he makes it to the end of his contract?!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

https://theathletic.co.uk/2130590/2020/10/12/ornstein-Özil-loyalty-bonus-romero-gambling/

The awkward situation between Arsenal and Mesut Özil came back into the spotlight last week when the German playmaker was left out of their squad for the Europa League group stages.

Following Mikel Arteta’s appointment as head coach, Özil started all 10 of the club’s Premier League games before football was suspended in March because of the COVID-19 outbreak. But from the restart in July until the end of the 2019-20 campaign, the 31-year-old did not play a single minute of competitive football and this season he has not featured in a match-day squad.

In an interview with The Athletic in August, Özil suggested that his decision to reject a 12.5 per cent pay cut during the shutdown might have been a factor contributing towards the lack of game time he has been afforded, although Arteta has always insisted team selection is based purely on merit.

With Özil seemingly surplus to requirements despite being the team’s highest-earning player, Arsenal have been keen to move him on. But the 2014 World Cup winner has repeatedly stated that he is available for action and will be staying until the end of his contract in June 2021.

Another element that may have influenced Arsenal’s desire to shift Özil in the summer transfer window is a loyalty bonus amounting to around £8 million that was paid to him at the end of September.

This stems from an arrangement negotiated with the former Real Madrid attacker when he ended speculation about his future by signing a new three-and-a-half-year deal in January 2018. At that point, Arsenal would likely have wanted Özil to stay until at least the end of his agreement and such a mechanism — which many players benefit from — would have rewarded his service.

The reality has worked out very differently and at great expense to Arsenal, although they are saving significant sums of money in appearance-related bonuses while Özil is not involved.

Many eyes will now focus on whether Özil will feature in Arteta’s Premier League squad, with lists scheduled to be announced on October 20 after the closure of the domestic transfer window.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

After all this is not Özil fault we all going to do the same if we offered that lol. But it's club fault they lost about 65m pounds because Ivan panicked.

It was a bad deal, but Özil held all the cards. No one could have guessed he will quit as a footballer and just leech the money.

Wenger said that player of Özil's caliber will cost 100 million (plus of course wages), so I'd guess that was part of the thinking process, along with not making Arsenal look like every star will leave.

In hindsight I'd hope that Özil being here might have helped attract Auba at the time, for some consolation.

Finesse

It also leave a bad taste in the mouth for a player under a contract to perform well and then start pushing for a move suddenly.

You Özil fans keep parroting this “He is honouring his contract” cringeworthy catchphrase.

May be Arsenal as his employers feel like he is not honouring his end of the agreement. They promised to look after him by giving him one of the most lucrative contracts in the world of football and in our clubs history (£350,000 a week). He surely promised to give us better performances on the pitch than he has been serving us since he resigned in 2018. Surely.
Arsenal have honoured and keep honouring their side of the agreement throughout by transfering his wages to his account weekly or monthly. But what has Özil given Arsenal back in return? Apart from playing his constant predictable VICTIMHOOD card at any given opportunity. Undermining our managers and the whole club on a consistent basis. What have we gained as Arsenal fans or what has our Club gained from him since 2018?

I will ask you. What more do you want the club to do for your cult hero? They have tried their best to accommodate Özil from the day he joined in 2013. Gave him a soft manager (Wenger) that just let him decide whatever he wanted to do. Made him our highest paid player in our history from the moment he joined.

You guys might not want to appreciate our club regarding your cult hero but this club has looked after Özil so well in his time here. Preferential treatment. Asks for £350,000 a week and they give in. He is a lucky guy, the likes of Madrid and all the other top clubs don’t take bullcrap and they would have gotten rid of him before 2017 due to his inconsistent performances.

Honouring a contract does not mean just taking a p”ss just because you signed it and it’s all binding. To me honouring a contract means honouring what you promised in it, “To give top class performances while we pay you massive wages.” Arsenal are honouring their promise of paying him well.

When was the last time since 2018 has Özil had a sustained period of 10 games where he put in 7.5/10 performance on average?

That’s like saying to my bosses “I am honouring my contract” even if I am not putting up the numbers they expected for the business. But but I am honouring my contract.:facepalm:

First and foremost I am not an Özil fan. I am an objective Arsenal fan. I fully respect you too are an Arsenal fan, hence it would be very petty of me to call you an anti-Özil simply because of opposing but equally objective personal views of this subject.

I will make an effort to concentrate on the questions you asked on your post. Your question regarding honoring a contract back in return for weekly wages paid is absurd unless you happen to know the details and clauses of the line items that capture what he had to do in return , in terms of assists , goals etc. In case you missed it he got paid a bonus of 8M in September for clauses on his contract. If Arsenal paid up it means he is respecting them right? Please come back to me with clauses captured on the contract which he may have not been honoring in return to wages paid.

If you mean what Özil has given us as Arsenal in return for wages paid , the support we give the team etc , then I wish to remind you that is a sub-line to a return to what the club , board and senior management promised us daily and weekly etc in return for our cash and support. The Management gave him a contract with no gun on their heads as part of their grand scheme to satisfy you as a fan. Add the acquisition of Mkhi to it , Kola , Mustaphi , Alexis swap etc and all the terrible decisions you can think of. Now if Özil is not delivering then why is only Özil responsible and NEVER the management ? Remember the Management are bunch of men . I mean humans like me and you paid to run the affairs of this club to meet the expectations you have. Why are they exempt from criticism about the cost of his new deal. We begged him for sign it , like we did with Auba. Why should he cancel it now because it suits Arsenal?

When was the last time since 2018 has Özil had a sustained period of 10 games where he put in 7.5/10 performance on average?

You can say this just about every other player and the entire club. The FA Cup cannot mask the facts of the above as far as the entire team is concerned.

Our management has been criminal with their decision making and count on us to stick with them when they try to fix it in the same manner simply because we support the club and the protagonist is just a player earning 350k a week.

Pre Arteta we were a mess as a team. Pre covid we started a CLEAN SLATE and everyone was putting their work including Özil. Post lockdown for some reason , not even the fans can understand, Özil does not put in enough in training to make the bench on a League cup game. Özil deliberately decides to stay injury free and refuse to give 100% in training to piss off Arteta , the fans and pick up his wages and a PR war on the club when the chance presents itself. This is what Arsenal fans are expected to believe. In addition if he decides to train 120% he will be in the team sheet for the next game. Are we that gullible as fans?

I can assure you if Özil for any reason was dragging his feet in training , disruptive and not giving enough to play weekly, Arteta would kick him out of the team to the youth sides. How can a Manager who takes training so seriously , 120% as he puts it , allow a player who gives less to be part of the training sessions?

The Arsenal fan and objectivity in me believes , we gave him a contract with no gun on our heads. We were in a similar institution like we were when we gave Auba what he wanted. The fans screamed give him what he wants. Rightly so. For now if we want to move him and he refuses to go and expresses his desire to stay, then we should make the best of how much we have invested in his him. Make his train , play when and where the manager wants and make the best of his time here to get return for our wages. Simple. The Club should be the bigger person on this and deal with it to protect their investment and let him go in June. Who is losing now?

Simply because the club cannot have their way by shipping him off , they have decided to kick the ball into the tall grass and keep us speculating and bantering with no hard facts. I am upset he was paid 8M in September. Not because the money is going to Özil's account , but because he is not playing and picking the bonuses. We knew it , we gave it to him and he has NOT REFUSED to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom