• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
If Saliba is really staying, so why the f*ck he wasn't registered in the Europa League.

Yeah that is absolutely ridiculous...i guess Carabao Cup it is?

Rapid Wienna, Dundalk and the other team would be perfect for him, on paper. No pressure.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Ridiculous to not register him...he can't stay now ffs, he needs to be loaned.

Luckily, I am pretty sure Ornstein isn't as accurate about Arsenal as he once was.

It’s not long until the January window. Might as well keep him here and then let him have 5 months at St Etienne. If they fix it so he moves as soon as the window opens he’ll have 21 games to play in for them (excluding any cup games). I’d rather that than panic and stick him in a Championship team.

Tbh I think there's more chance he goes on loan than not. We havent registered him in EL is an indicator.

It’s not really a surprise he wasn’t registered for the EL. He wasn’t eligible for the B list and would’ve taken up one of the 17 spots for non-locally trained players on the A list. They left Sokratis out so that would’ve meant leaving out another senior CB (Mari or Mustafi) which was never going to happen.

As I said, a loan move to Ligue 1 in January and getting 15-20 games is probably more preferable than 30-40 games in the Championship.

Last edited:

GunnerShy

Ornstein reporting that he is likely to stay until at least January.

Feels like madness that he wasn't named in the EL squad if this is the case!?!?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Better wait until January maybe opportunity for Saint Etienne to do a deal. I hope we try him for some europa league games.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Haha, great that our own fans blame our club for not throwing 2,5 million euros away for nothing in this covid climate. That money alone got us Runarsson.

While it was St. Etienne who didn't accept to let go of the clause. Why not rather blame the other team who needed the player and was willing to give us nothing for using our player?

Rather we would have needed to pay 2,5 million for him playing one game and risking injury. :lol:
Blame the other side for us using the Covid situation as excuse to get out of paying them a clause they would be rightfully owed if the situation was normal? Tin pot club stuff.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Blame the other side for us using the Covid situation as excuse to get out of paying them a clause they would be rightfully owed if the situation was normal? Tin pot club stuff.

If if if. Business is business, and the reality is that the clause didn't get active. Too bad for them, I'm sure Saliba understands this and how it helps his current team to have those 2,5 million.

St. Etienne still got good amount of money for an 18 year old with not much experience. As a club you can't just throw around 2,5 million here and there, just to be a good guy.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
If if if. Business is business, and the reality is that the clause didn't get active. Too bad for them, I'm sure Saliba understands this and how it helps his current team to have those 2,5 million.

St. Etienne still got good amount of money for an 18 year old with not much experience. As a club you can't just throw around 2,5 million here and there, just to be a good guy.
Business being business doesn't make it any less scummy. Even the club knew it was scummy, that's why they were trying to downplay the financial aspect and released fake PR in the press that it was about Saliba's fitness.

But hey, I'm sure Saliba understands being deprived the chance of playing a historic final for the club he grew up at and supported since it allowed us the chance to sign Runarsson.

drippin

Business being business doesn't make it any less scummy. Even the club knew it was scummy, that's why they were trying to downplay the financial aspect and released fake PR in the press that it was about Saliba's fitness.

But hey, I'm sure Saliba understands being deprived the chance of playing a historic final for the club he grew up at and supported since it allowed us the chance to sign Runarsson.

Well he could've got injured in the match (like he has been this year) so there were only downsides to let him play. But keep blaming the club you claim to support in favour of some club in France.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Well he could've got injured in the match (like he has been this year) so there were only downsides to let him play. But keep blaming the club you claim to support in favour of some club in France.
If being a mindless drone who can never acknowledge when the club does something ****ty is what makes you a good fan, then just call me a **** fan and keep being a superfan

drippin

If being a mindless drone who can never acknowledge when the club does something ****ty is what makes you a good fan, then just call me a **** fan and keep being a superfan

You seem to be the mindless drone, not understanding all the factors at hand in this deal.

I'm pretty sure Arsenal would have let him play if St. Etienne didn't want the 2,5 million for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom