• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerShy

Only thing I can think of we are demanding he start enough games from the loan club and they refuse to accept that
Maybe they will look France for 6 months after Xmas.
If that's the right call from a personal level then it's only 3 months away.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Maybe they will look France for 6 months after Xmas.
If that's the right call from a personal level then it's only 3 months away.
personal level? This is elite football not some charity where we serve peoples emotions. Im sorry if the boy lost a close family member. But people lose their family members everyday and are expected to do their job

GunnerShy

personal level? This is elite football not some charity where we serve peoples emotions. Im sorry if the boy lost a close family member. But people lose their family members everyday and are expected to do their job
For which some manage and others struggle. As a 19 year old boy it's a tumultuous time in his life. There's no 'correct' level of grief to feel at the loss of a close family member.

It's not to say it even is the reason. But if it really is, you don't get to decide how he is managed.

Having excluded him from the EL squad it's all playing out strangely.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

For which some manage and others struggle. As a 19 year old boy it's a tumultuous time in his life. There's no 'correct' level of grief to feel at the loss of a close family member.

It's not to say it even is the reason. But if it really is, you don't get to decide how he is managed.

Having excluded him from the EL squad it's all playing out strangely.
Or its an excuse? If he never made it we can always say he lost a close family member when he came. There is no level of grieving. But people grief and still get on with their lives and do their job. Its not like you grief and one day you are all over it. Its something you live with. The club invested 30 million on him over a year ago and we cant use him for 2 years. The funny part is even if he doesnt do great in his 3rd year we will have to give him a new contract to protect the investment just in case he develops I mean he will only be 22 then.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Theres not really alot out there about the family situation I can see... just seems like people are projected one way or the other to suit their narrative.

The main Orny quote was from mid May & we know the kid started training over here shortly after. The kids Arsenal.com interviews / getting #4 were after this as well.

He said: “He’s had a family bereavement recently so that’s very unpleasant & he would need time & respect over that.

“I don’t think that would cause a particular problem in coming to move to London as planned but it’s a sad issue he’s had to encounter at a young age.

“Will he be training with the [Arsenal] squad? I guess we’ll have to wait & see what happens in terms of his arrival, his fitness condition, whether Arsenal would want someone who hasn’t been with them until this point training with the main group.”

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Or its an excuse? If he never made it we can always say he lost a close family member when he came. There is no level of grieving. But people grief and still get on with their lives and do their job. Its not like you grief and one day you are all over it. Its something you live with. The club invested 30 million on him over a year ago and we cant use him for 2 years. The funny part is even if he doesnt do great in his 3rd year we will have to give him a new contract to protect the investment just in case he develops I mean he will only be 22 then.

That's what you need to do with any player, to renew later. Saliba chose us because he is Arsenal fan, and that always is good starting point for any renewals.

His transfer fee will be paid in 6 instalments, so it's not as if it hinders our business much.

People wonder about the UEL omission, but it was explained in earlier page. He would have been foreign player and as so Mari or others would have had to been left out. He might go on loan anyway to get games.

GunnerShy

And he's living with it.

Ultimately, it's Arteta that has decided he isn't part of the plans at the moment.

And I'm theorising. But losing close family is a deeply personal thing and it's difficult to say how one should handle it. Particularly at 19.

The only reason I bring it back up is because it was St Ettienne for.whom we almost organised a loan on deadline day.

Given that he hasn't gone out and struggled, it's actually a bit unfair to say he isn't up to it. It is Mikel being cautious and conservative. As is his right as the manager.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't think 'close' is the right word. He lost his mum. Whatever age you are, it is tragic. Arsenal are a very family orientated club. They are putting the welfare of Saliba first. He will come through it if they handle it properly. Keeping him close and not piling on pressure is the right way to go about it. He is probably more ready than people think, but it just isn't the right time.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Not sure you can really say the club care about family values with their recent history of behavior. We would like to hope the club still has class but it has been a while since it has shown any.

balthazar

Staying at Arsenal, at least until Christmas. Hope it is the correct decision. Btw, really stupid that they were too late with the loan move to Saint Etienne when all parties wanted it.

gamechannel

Staying at Arsenal, at least until Christmas. Hope it is the correct decision. Btw, really stupid that they were too late with the loan move to Saint Etienne when all parties wanted it.

St. Etienne manager confirmed today that Arsenal didn't want to subsidize his wages. Basically we would rather pay him in full and not register him than loan him out on subsidized wages while he gains match experience. Awesome squad management by Arteta. Lol

sykesy69

St. Etienne manager confirmed today that Arsenal didn't want to subsidize his wages. Basically we would rather pay him in full and not register him than loan him out on subsidized wages while he gains match experience. Awesome squad management by Arteta. Lol
Depends what you consider more beneficial. Playing games in a more comfortable environment or learning the language and style of play of the club you've been signed to?

Most of the time precious metals are forged by fire. I know he's been through some stuff, but in order to make it in Elite Sporting environments you have to a mental strength (I'm not talking about his bereavement, more his desire to learn English and what is expected of him at Arsenal)

Plus them man at St Etienne are forever begging something for nothing!!

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Does anyone think this may have something to do with contractual obligations and saving on cost = Appearances ?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We are not going to accept any sales he'll play when everything is ready for him he can play in the league to be fair but in January i'll register him for EL squad quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom