• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Weird isn't it how the whole religion angle was never used when Arsenal fans were tearing into Mustafi every week.

I know this is just one idiotic Twitter user but it's bad because it degrades the people who really are the victim of religious discrimination.

When a guy called Vijay is calling all Muslims to stop supporting the club. You know he's a troll and it's a piss take.

Everyone knows the issue with Özil has nothing to do with China or him being Muslim. It's money and him no fitting in to Arteta's ideas for the team moving forward.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
To be honest, it’s a far bigger shame than many will be honest enough to admit. It’s indicative of the truly ****ty times we live in and goes way beyond football.

That's why the comment from that Twitter person is so annoying. It actually degrades the people who are genuine victims of religious discrimination.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
That header onto Laca... so fun to watch.

and cue the bumsquad ignoring all this actual evidence from the playing field and keeping up with their delusionary ranting.

Out of these eight matches in the video, played between December and March, Arsenal just won three of them, despite Özil's impressive moments.”

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
When a guy called Vijay is calling all Muslims to stop supporting the club. You know he's a troll and it's a piss take.

Everyone knows the issue with Özil has nothing to do with China or him being Muslim. It's money and him no fitting in to Arteta's ideas for the team moving forward.
Who cares if it’s a troll, it’s f*cked up either way :rolleyes:...

GDeep™

League is very weak
Fed up of this trolling on social media by Özil.

He's lucky he's playing in the generation of football that he is. In years gone past the likes of Adams and Keown would have had him up against a wall a long time ago and told him what's what with his attitude and how things were going to be. Özil would have crapped himself.
Adams and Keown didn’t do anything to people like Anelka or the English guys who came to training drunk and finished 12th in the league.

Im not a fan of this Özil either, but it goes two ways no? The club has thrown him under the bus by clearly leaking stories which show him in a bad light, surely he’s allowed to throw a punch back in what has become bit of a drama now?

RacingPhoton

Established Member

I tried to follow his Twitter posts to understand his moral framework. He is basically an extreme Indian nationalist. The biggest enemy for this group is Pakistan. China got added to their hatred list because of its support to Pakistan and its own border disputes with India.

Normally they don't give a damn about Muslims. But when it comes to Uighur Muslims, they will suddenly become human rights experts because they can blame China for it. This whole tweet stunt is because Özil spoke against China, making China their common enemy. Now he feels obliged to support him on this matter.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Adams and Keown didn’t do anything to people like Anelka or the English guys who came to training drunk and finished 12th in the league.

Im not a fan of this Özil either, but it goes two ways no? The club has thrown him under the bus by clearly leaking stories which show him in a bad light, surely he’s allowed to throw a punch back in what has become bit of a drama now?

Probably because Adams at least was one of the guys coming into training half cut :lol:

I don't see Özil throwing any punches. To be honest I'd respect Özil more if he threw the club under the bus himself, at least it would show he's got some balls somewhere. Instead we get carefully crafted passive aggressive tweets from his PR company.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I thought that Vijay guy was being sarcastic. Are you saying he was being serious with that post?
Chriet, he really did believe what he wrote?
Mustafi and Elneny were getting pelters on here every week but no one called it islamophobic or Bigotry now all of a sudden because it's Özil, it's now seen as such:facepalm:
One thing I've come to note is that most of these guys crying wolf aren't even Arsenal fans.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I thought that Vijay guy was being sarcastic. Are you saying he was being serious with that post?
Chriet, he really did believe what he wrote?
Mustafi and Elneny were getting pelters on here every week but no one called it islamophobic or Bigotry now all of a sudden because it's Özil, it's now seen as such:facepalm:
One thing I've come to note is that most of these guys crying wolf aren't even Arsenal fans.
Chip on shoulder springs to mind and a hypocrite!!

GDeep™

League is very weak
You guys do realise you’re speaking on the most extreme opinion from the most extreme platform?

What’s the point of quoting or discussing anything that accuses Arsenal of islamophobia?

If anything, let’s boil it really down, it’s all a money issue.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Chance creation is a bullshit stat. There are better metric of assessing the performance of a creative player like xA.
Taking game by the scruff of neck is a immeasurable stat but it's observable by the eyes.
Özil was getting on the ball constantly trying to make things happen, the NLD at home being the perfect example. Does that not count as taking the game by the scruff of the neck?
My point was that, to say that Özil’s failure to maintain his assist rate throughout the season was even partly due to Giroud’s barren run would’ve been harsh at best, or just wrong. How many times does he miss from an Özil pass in all those clips? Aren’t they meant to be relying on each other goals and assists? It’s a two way thing. @blaze_of_glory touches on that further down when he chooses to defend Giroud and puts a good portion of blame on the rest of them. Oh but he obviously stops short of singling out our alleged chief creator though. He wouldn’t go that far :lol:
No one denies that Özil didn't play at the same level in the second half of the season, but you can't expect another dozen assists with Giroud on a massive drought and that blunt **** Campbell on the RW.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Well looks like his really making moves for that contract pay-off. I’m so sad it ends like this. Unique player with a beautiful career that ends 5 years before it should. Mistakes/bad decisions were made on both sides, both Arsenal and Özil deserve better. Hope to see another player with vision and touch like him at Arsenal again soon, makes football feel like art.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Özil was getting on the ball constantly trying to make things happen, the NLD at home being the perfect example. Does that not count as taking the game by the scruff of the neck?
No one denies that Özil didn't play at the same level in the second half of the season, but you can't expect another dozen assists with Giroud on a massive drought and that blunt **** Campbell on the RW.
This gets me with these people, it’s not enough to piss on his current form/stats/lack of playing. Need to rewrite his whole career, how much hate can you have in you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom