• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City vs Arsenal| Saturday 17th October 17:30| Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Frustrate them for 90 minutes and nick a goal here and there. That's the MO right now against better sides.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

All of us fantasy league managers have been sweating over KDB's fitness tbh, this is all old news.
I am pretty sure he will play against us but get rested afterwards, they have West Ham and Sheffield Utd after.

As of now, still no #9 I don't think, so KDB will have to play.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Frustrate them for 90 minutes and nick a goal here and there. That's the MO right now against better sides.
Sadly, that's the MO of a bottom half of the table side. I'm hoping it's just a prelude to something better quite soon. It's not a top 4 formula.

Why

Always Me ?
Without Tierney I have this down as a loss.

We look so much better with him in the back 3, he is an absolute work horse, and also has that special pass in him.

Intrigued to see if Partey starts and what sort of impact he can have.

If Man City don't play at their best and Auba is on form then we can win... But Auba hasn't really been firing on all cylinders this season so far. So going to go for 2-1 City

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Sadly, that's the MO of a bottom half of the table side. I'm hoping it's just a prelude to something better quite soon. It's not a top 4 formula.

I'd rather play that way and win away to City than do what Wenger did for years (all bar one game) and go away to big sides and get absolutely battered.

We won't be in a position to compete like for like with City and Liverpool away from home until after next window and only if we make CL football this year. So no point going into those games and turning up to get battered.

Luckily we are getting both out the way within the first 5 games. In fact getting United, City and Liverpool away matches done and dusted in the opening 10 game weeks is very good for us in the long run.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

That's the best way to play against City though, look how well Leicester did on the counter...I see no issue in this.

When you are up against a better team than you, the best style is a defensive counter attack.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I was about for 1 nil to the Arsenal and "boring boring" Arsenal so I will lose no sleep over 1-0 wins over title contenders myself.

Better than Arsène's lambs to the sluaghterhouse approach in the second half of his Arsenal career. His boys against men themed tactics worked really well didn't they.

Riou

Lets not forget before Mourinho's Chelsea were the defensive counter attacking team that everyone hated, that was Arsenal under George Graham...and that took us to great success.

Plus football has become to black and white these days for me, you either play super attacking football, or boring defensive football...there is no inbetween...just because a team focuses first on their defence, it doesn't mean they are always parking the bus.

I dislike Mourinho, but his Chelsea teams played quality football too, they didn't 1-0 or 0-0 their way to trophies, they had great balance...and I imagine that was the same with us under Graham, we won 2 league titles and our last European trophy under him.

Although I was either way too young to watch or pre-alive, from the all the research I have done on Arsenal...we played some really great stuff at times under Graham...you can't have the likes of Rocastle, Merson, Limpar and Wright and be completely boring to watch...again just because we have a great defensive unit back then, didn't mean our attackers weren't just as good/important.

Different styles of play should be encouraged, makes the game better imo.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I was about for 1 nil to the Arsenal and "boring boring" Arsenal so I will lose no sleep over 1-0 wins over title contenders myself.

Better than Arsène's lambs to the sluaghterhouse approach in the second half of his Arsenal career. His boys against men themed tactics worked really well didn't they.
Nah, not a chance. Arsène threw caution to the wind and treated all sides the same way up to 2015/16. His attacking flare produced some of the most exciting games of football I've ever seen.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Nah, not a chance. Arsène threw caution to the wind and treated all sides the same way up to 2015/16. His attacking flare produced some of the most exciting games of football I've ever seen.
Whilst his attacking flare produced some classics, I'm fine on the humiliating losses they often came with which are still possible with this team.
Wenger was often ill prepared tactically and I don't want us to return to "go out and play". Not until we get rid of Wenger's players anyways.

I personally have no issues with Arteta's or Emery's pragmatic approach - as long as the players buy into it.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

That's the best way to play against City though, look how well Leicester did on the counter...I see no issue in this.

When you are up against a better team than you, the best style is a defensive counter attack.
This is a myth, the vast majority of them lose.

Prior to 2015/16, Arsenal played City 14 times since 2010 when Mansour's massive cash injection started to bite. We won 5, drew 5 and lost 4 playing the Wenger way, despite facing the richest team in the history of the game.

Makavelii

I'd rather play that way and win away to City than do what Wenger did for years (all bar one game) and go away to big sides and get absolutely battered.

I won’t stand idly by while people give Wenger ****.
:red:

For all his over exaggerated failures... he kept us in the top 4 for 20 years straight. Something we can’t seem to do once anymore.

I agree with the boys vs men point though. That youth reliant strategy was his biggest mistake IMO.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Whilst his attacking flare produced some classics, I'm fine on the humiliating losses they often came with which are still possible with this team.
Wenger was often ill prepared tactically and I don't want us to return to "go out and play".

I personally have no issues with Arteta's or Emery's pragmatic approach - as long as the players buy into it.
It's just bread landing buttered side down syndrome. People focus on the occasional tonking.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I won’t stand idly by while people give Wenger ****.
:red:

For all his over exaggerated failures... he kept us in the top 4 for 20 years straight. Something we can’t seem to do once anymore.

I agree with the boys vs men point though. That youth reliant strategy was his biggest mistake IMO.
Wasn't trying to sh*t on Wenger tbh, just reinforcing that there is a reason why we currently play the way we do.

We can't really match City or Pool man to man so we have to be savvy.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We won't be in a position to compete like for like with City and Liverpool away from home until after next window and only if we make CL football this year. So no point going into those games and turning up to get battered.

Luckily we are getting both out the way within the first 5 games. In fact getting United, City and Liverpool away matches done and dusted in the opening 10 game weeks is very good for us in the long run.
:lol::lol::lol: You don't half talk rubbish.

Riou

Just to second what the Macho Man said, I wasn't having a dig at Arsène...beautiful man, beautiful football...but some of my fav games under Big Wengz were when the team dug out a result in a gritty match.

Go back to our last win league win in 2004...you have wins over the likes of Leeds, Middlesbrough, Birmingham, Wolves...big wins with some top bracket football being played.

But in the big games that season, we really showed heart to keep that Invincible record...

Away to Yanited...went in to this with our best defender in Sol missing, Keown was 37 at this point, backs against the wall here you against our main rival...but him and Kolo were superb...bit lucky with the late penalty miss (was never a pen for me anyway, but United get everything at Old Trafford as the next year shows 100 times more) but got a deserved draw even after losing our captain to a red during the game too.

Away to Chelsea, 1-0 down in like 30 seconds or something, them really splashing the cash this season and starting to look good...fought our way back in it to win 2-1...wasn't a great match to watch in terms of football, but was a battle that we won.

Liverpool home...lost in the FA Cup and Champions League just before this, 2-1 down at halftime...the team (especially Thierry) came out like men possessed in he second half, tears in my eyes just thinking about it...probably the match I most think of when I think of 03/04.

Destroying a team with brilliant football, digging out a massive win in an ugly game...both as enjoyable for me, that was my point.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Would be huge if de Bruyne missed out. our midfield will cope much easier specially if Partey started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom