• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Quick off the mark and clever with a variety of finishes, proper box player. Would be called a limited player today's standards as he was purely an out and out striker.

Very charismatic, smiled loads, complained loads lol. Funny and animated goal celebrations. The team clearly loved him.

Had a lot of tussles with cbs over the years and would go out of his way to wind em up he was a bit spiky. I remember hearing him cuss out and banter with the ref often.

I made him sound like a pantomime villain but he was generally loved by most - but that could be rose tinted glasses on my part.
To add, having watched back a lot of Wrighty once I was old enough to get a better understanding of the game, Wrighty's off the ball movement was second to none. He was a true predator anywhere within 30 yards of the goal, but he also made watching the game fun on top of that.

He was the ****ing best man.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@hydrofluoric acid when he's on this forum...

tenor.gif

@hydrofluoric acid every single minute he isn't on this forum...

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I don't think normalizing drugs is the way to go for this forum. And laugh at it? I think it's time we take steps back and look deep into the mirror and ask ourselves how we can be better role models to all the kids that visit this site on daily basis!

Yeah, we need to be better role models to kids like @HairSprayGooners on this forum.

:lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
@Macho @celestis @tap-in

Thanks lads, liking how you’re all in consensus basically.

A bit of a sadness for me that I never got to
see any of the 1998 double winners play or any of the legends before that.

Barely remember the 2002 team if I’m honest.
You remember the invincibles season well? Be grateful for that at least man, trust me. I was born in 96 so I was only around 7 or 8 at the time. I cant remember the football too much, and I wouldnt have understood it well enough anyway.

Unfortunately my earliest memories from being a child was '06. I saw some fantastic moments like Henry dribbling through the Madrid team and shocking the Bernabeu, as well as the nail biting Lehmann save vs Villareal.

But yeh that final loss was traumatic for me, probably the most upset I have ever been in my life so far. Was crying all evening and was crying in school the next day when my friend brought it up as a joke :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don't think normalizing drugs is the way to go for this forum. And laugh at it? I think it's time we take steps back and look deep into the mirror and ask ourselves how we can be better role models to all the kids that visit this site on daily basis!
You’re forgetting your roots. :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You remember the invincibles season well? Be grateful for that at least man, trust me. I was born in 96 so I was only around 7 or 8 at the time. I cant remember the football too much, and I wouldnt have understood it well enough anyway.

Unfortunately my earliest memories from being a child was '06. I saw some fantastic moments like Henry dribbling through the Madrid team and shocking the Bernabeu, as well as the nail biting Lehmann save vs Villareal.

But yeh that final loss was traumatic for me, probably the most upset I have ever been in my life so far. Was crying all evening and was crying in school the next day when my friend brought it up as a joke :lol:
Same to all of your post, especially the last paragraph.

My football memory basically begins at the end of our peak. Envious of those who understood football when we won titles. 2006 had me in tears, sad times.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's disappointing to miss out on stuff, but it's best to just focus on what you did experience, life's more fun that way...there is always someone who has seen less of Arsenal than you, if you want to look at it that way and be a bit of a **** :lol:

Even if this is your first season as an Arsenal fan...you have players like Auba at the club, just signed Partey and Gabriel (who look like they could be stars for years for us) some great young players and have even seen your first trophy as an Arsenal fan with a cheeky little Community Shield in the bag...not too shabby!

If you look at our past, don't look at it in a negative sense, look at it positively...look up the Invicibles or '89, and be proud of what your team has done before you...it's a better way to live with the glass being half-full!

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Imagine this being your first memory as a fan, poverty. That slug Laca, Auba who is basically an upgraded Walcott, maybe the worst set of midfielders ever, then you have 30 defenders and only 1/2 or of them can defend.

My earliest memory is man like Wrighty, Merson, Parlour, then we signed Bergkamp, then Overmars, Vieira, Anelka etc came. These are some of the most exciting names and players in the history of the game.

I’m sure I watched Overmars for Ajax in the CL when I didn’t know what football was, with the De Boer brothers, Kluivert, Seedorf etc.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Watching Anelka felt like you got your own Brazilian Ronaldo btw. I have never felt that excitement again. You get it now when you watch Mbappe maybe.

Obviously we got Henry but by then I knew what football was, it wasn’t magic anymore, around the Anelka time it felt like a new drug I started taking.

Funny thing, Lee Dixon said the same thing, he said the Arsenal players thought Anelka was their Brazilian Ronaldo.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Auba wouldn’t look out of place in any version of Arsenal tbh, I always find the lack of ratings odd.
The flippant Walcott comparisons gets said at the start of every season and end up looking stupid every time.

Merson was quality, I think if many of the AM’ers saw him now they would love him. Not an athletic bone in his body, 100% technique.

A lot of you should hate your lives for missing prime Bergie. Henry is largely regarded as the best Arsenal striker in history but with the technique bias AM has, most of you would probably say Bergkamp. Elegance personified.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
To add, having watched back a lot of Wrighty once I was old enough to get a better understanding of the game, Wrighty's off the ball movement was second to none. He was a true predator anywhere within 30 yards of the goal, but he also made watching the game fun on top of that.

He was the ****ing best man.
Ian Wright's goals to game ratio is better than Henry (0.64 vs 0.60). And he joined Arsenal when he was 29.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Did I just see Gagan deep compare Walcott to Auba? Bloke has well and truly lost his little marbles. Goes on about watching Wrighty who was a better version of Nketiah. Football has changed but @GDeep™ never will.

@Troopz only kids think that Arteta would play Gabriel as the LCB in his 343 system pal. Grow up.

say yes

forum master baiter
Did I just see Gagan deep compare Walcott to Auba? Bloke has well and truly lost his little marbles. Goes on about watching Wrighty who was a better version of Nketiah. Football has changed but @GDeep™ never will.

@Troopz only kids think that Arteta would play Gabriel as the LCB in his 343 system pal. Grow up.
What are you still doing here? Window’s closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom