• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
China owns a strategic Port in Darwin , some of our biggest cattle farms , even water supplies. All done while we are under a conservative govt. They have bribery and corruption to a fine art:lol:

over the last 12 yrs i spent a fair bit of time in China..would say the are not as bad as made out..they have done a lot of good too..but they simply detest religion...its not just muslims they persecute...anyone being overtly religious soon gets a big stick

Oh_Snap

Note that Germany until 2000 did not give citizenship by birth to children born in Germany to parents that did not have German citizenship. So theoretically Özil might not have been a German citizen by birth but acquired it later.

I was actually unaware of the change in law from 2000. Nice to learn something new every day.
Mesut had his turkish nationality filed in 2007, he was indeed turkish before. but he always wanted to play for germany as he was born and learned his trade there. the law was long overdue, his parents were under 10 when they came to germany.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It's final how people choose to forget that he is a German national, born and raised.
Huh? He is taking a vested interest in Turkey’s political interests. He is a Turk through and through, the president was at his wedding. He distanced himself from the German national team. His wife is Miss Turkey.

He will be moving there soon after his career finishes wanna make a bet ? :lol:

Anyway why was that part relevant to my post’s point? You are pointlessly nitpicking tbh. Please reply to the actual message of my post, thank you.

kash2

Huh? He is taking a vested interest in Turkey’s political interests. He is a Turk through and through, the president was at his wedding. He distanced himself from the German national team. His wife is Miss Turkey.

He will be moving there soon after his career finishes wanna make a bet ? :lol:

Anyway why was that part relevant to my post’s point? You are pointlessly nitpicking tbh. Please reply to the actual message of my post, thank you.
and there u have it. he won the world cup with germany. He is a german national. give us a break please and grow up.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Mesut had his turkish nationality filed in 2007, he was indeed turkish before. but he always wanted to play for germany as he was born and learned his trade there. the law was long overdue, his parents were under 10 when they came to germany.
The German citizenship laws were/are indeed somewhat odd, although much of it is due to the complicated post WW2 situation as I understand with many ethnic Germans having to leave their homelands and come to Germany.

For while it seemed easier to get a German citizenship if you had even the most strenuous relationship with Germany through some long gone relative, while people who lived their whole lives in Germany couldn't become citizens, at least not unless they relinquished their other citizenship. Seems like that has changed to the better.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Do you want me to post a video of all his 19 assists and let’s count how many defense splitting passes, crosses, corners and free kicks made up those 19 assists?
There is even one assist where he just falls over the ball and it breaks for Sanchez or someone, but they all count as assists i guess.
:Celebration:

This is actually true for that season. Giroud scored plenty of goals from an Özil corner or set piece that season.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lol Özil couldn’t be more Turkish these days tbh. He’s gone well out of his way to distance himself from Germany as much as possible.

In my worthless opinion, I feel like some of his reasons were valid tbh.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Lol Özil couldn’t be more Turkish these days tbh. He’s gone well out of his way to distance himself from Germany as much as possible.

In my worthless opinion, I feel like some of his reasons were valid tbh.

Ultimately Özil needs to understand and accept that every single German player in that 2018 team were ****ing crap and deserved to be criticized. If he felt he was criticized too much then it's a case of his other teammates not being crucified enough, rather than because he didn't deserve it.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Ultimately Özil needs to understand and accept that every single German player in that 2018 team were ****ing crap and deserved to be criticized. If he felt he was criticized too much then it's a case of his other teammates not being crucified enough, rather than because he didn't deserve it.
They were poor. Özil was poor as usual lol.

It did feel like he got it more than the others though. It could be that way more is expected from him (the same frustrations we’ve had tbh).

Either way, he was 100% spot on when he said when he wins, he’s German when they lose suddenly they remember he is Turkish. France also has (had?) this problem. The media now make an effort to refer to the players as French rather than “French African” or “French Algerian” like they were casually doing before.

He won the World Cup with them so he should have got more respect I feel. However, 7 years of watching him for my club I personally find it hard to defend him I dunno how or why some do it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Why are some people so keen to identify Özil as German anyway? Everybody knows how he feels and it’s obviously not German. Pretty obvious he chose Germany for financial reasons as well as feeling like he owed the land something. That’s cool though. It’s cool to be honest.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
From what I've read this is a common tactic the CCP uses, particularly in Africa. Invest huge amounts of money in economically under developed countries / countries going through economic downturns. Over time the Governments of these countries become beholden to the CCP.

Yeah cos that's so much worse than what European countries have been doing in Africa for the last 100+ years.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wenger’s assessment of Özil shows why as much as he’s a legend, he’s outdated and a big part of why players at this club got too complacent.

Özil has always been a talented but limited footballer who needs an entire structure built around him because he offers nothing without the ball. He used to get away with it because of end product but even that went to **** several seasons ago.

Football has moved on. The most chances are created out of possession by teams that force errors through a high press or by skilful, direct players who can beat defenders 1 on 1 in wide areas. Bayern and Dortmund are good examples.

Players like Özil used to thrive in the 90s when every opponent played with 2 rigid banks of 4 and they could pick up space between the opposition defence and midfield by standing still.

That isn’t the case anymore. Everton can only get James in the team by playing him on the right and accepting they are going to leak a lot of goals down that side.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

'Greatest Playmaker of all Time' :lol::lol::lol:
The sad thing is the fact that they even believe it.
So I've come in to the thread to see if we've moved on with that weird control debate and now I see that you guys are arguing with the captions of tweets.

This is a perfect example of what I mean when I say you're not even letting his fans celebrate him.:lol:

kash2

funny how the bum squad is keen to label him as not german. It is irrelevant to his skills but relevant to his treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom