• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Watching Anelka felt like you got your own Brazilian Ronaldo btw. I have never felt that excitement again. You get it now when you watch Mbappe maybe.

Obviously we got Henry but by then I knew what football was, it wasn’t magic anymore, around the Anelka time it felt like a new drug I started taking.

Funny thing, Lee Dixon said the same thing, he said the Arsenal players thought Anelka was their Brazilian Ronaldo.

Anelka was the real deal. I was genuinely fuming when we sold him. He was the same age Greenwood is now - imagine the hype if he scored 17 premier league goals in his debut season.

This is one of my favourite football photos of all time.

canal-canal-canal-opel-canal-thierry-henry-nicolas-anelka-y-21952174.png

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Imagine this being your first memory as a fan, poverty. That slug Laca, Auba who is basically an upgraded Walcott, maybe the worst set of midfielders ever, then you have 30 defenders and only 1/2 or of them can defend.

My earliest memory is man like Wrighty, Merson, Parlour, then we signed Bergkamp, then Overmars, Vieira, Anelka etc came. These are some of the most exciting names and players in the history of the game.

I’m sure I watched Overmars for Ajax in the CL when I didn’t know what football was, with the De Boer brothers, Kluivert, Seedorf etc.

When I see you get onto Auba I really don't want to agree but I feel like you have a point sometimes. Like he's our best player but some games he's anonymous, like when it's not working nothing happens. But it's worth it for the goals.

BigPoppaPump

Auba wouldn’t look out of place in any version of Arsenal tbh, I always find the lack of ratings odd.
The flippant Walcott comparisons gets said at the start of every season and end up looking stupid every time.

Merson was quality, I think if many of the AM’ers saw him now they would love him. Not an athletic bone in his body, 100% technique.

A lot of you should hate your lives for missing prime Bergie. Henry is largely regarded as the best Arsenal striker in history but with the technique bias AM has, most of you would probably say Bergkamp. Elegance personified.

Aren't you like Lacazette's biggest fan? He's the least athletic striker in Arsenal history.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Aren't you like Lacazette's biggest fan? He's the least athletic striker in Arsenal history.
I liked Merson? He was a great player for us.
Have more time for him than a lot of the current lot - like Lacazette. As a player anyways.

He’d have no chance today though. As much as you moan about Lacazette, Merson legit had a belly for most of his playing career.

BigPoppaPump

I liked Merson? He was a great player for us.
Have more time for him than a lot of the current lot - like Lacazette. As a player anyways.

He’d have no chance today though.

But you're saying we have a technique bias, but then when people criticise Lacazette's lack of athleticism you get emotional. It doesn't make sense to me that's all.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

But you're saying we have a technique bias, but then when people criticise Lacazette's lack of athleticism you get emotional. It doesn't make sense to me that's all.
I’ve never got emotional about people critiquing Lacazette’s athleticism. Infact I haven’t said sh*t about him for a while.

You get emotional over next mans opinions maybe I dunno.

I like Laca but I’ve openly said we’ve had better than him, just think the moaning about him is OTT but I’ve left you lot to it now cba. Merson won stuff with the club so I hold him in higher esteem.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

That slug Laca
:lol::lol:
I defend Laca a lot but my word, I really don't rate the guy as much as I make people think I do.

Was watching a compliation video the other day and man...the amount of moves/potential assists he flops.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Anelka was the real deal. I was genuinely fuming when we sold him. He was the same age Greenwood is now - imagine the hype if he scored 17 premier league goals in his debut season.

This is one of my favourite football photos of all time.

canal-canal-canal-opel-canal-thierry-henry-nicolas-anelka-y-21952174.png
Didn't Anelka have the potential to be one of the greatest strikers of all time? Can't remember exact details but wasn't he a man child or something, complete striker at 18 or something ridiculous like that.:lol:

DasBootist

Didn't Anelka have the potential to be one of the greatest strikers of all time? Can't remember exact details but wasn't he a man child or something, complete striker at 18 or something ridiculous like that.:lol:
He peaked way too young. Should have stayed with Arsenal for longer than he did. I hope he regrets leaving us.

BigPoppaPump

:lol::lol:
I defend Laca a lot but my word, I really don't rate the guy as much as I make people think I do.

Was watching a compliation video the other day and man...the amount of moves/potential assists he flops.

I watch an Iwobi compilation around when we sold him and the amount of assists he would have if it wasn't Lacazette at the end of the balls was ridiculous. Like Iwobi would dribble pass player or do a really good through ball just for Laca to mess it up.

Also he seems to be aging a very fast, not even 30 yet but players like he's well into his 30s. Think he only has a few seasons left in him.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Also he seems to be aging a very fast, not even 30 yet but players like he's well into his 30s. Think he only has a few seasons left in him.
Yeah agree on this.

He's never been rapid but man moves like a slug now. Never been a workhorse but guy seems to get gassed in the first half. Defo has to leave next summer bar a miracle.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah agree on this.

He's never been rapid but man moves like a slug now. Never been a workhorse but guy seems to get gassed in the first half. Defo has to leave next summer bar a miracle.

Think it will be a miracle if we get a fee for him tbh. Clubs will still be affected by Covid and the ones that could afford his wages realise he isnt very good (why no big club has ever really been in for him).

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Think it will be a miracle if we get a fee for him tbh. Clubs will still be affected by Covid and the ones that could afford his wages realise he isnt very good (why no big club has ever really been in for him).
Its calm. We'll get something from Italy I think, Atletico seem to be interested as well.

Just need him to get decent numbers. Around 15 goals in the league without pens should excite enough of Spain/Italy.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He will get sold man, its ok guys :lol:lol

Can't see him staying beyond this summer anyways - Arteta shut down that extension talk pretty quickly. Can't wait to see the back of him myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom