• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: My Life and Lessons In Red & White

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You can't blame our finishes on the fans, I'm sorry its just never going to work, there were just so many factors.
So what's your point, it was just coincidence that Arsène dropped out of the top four after 20 years of consistency when the protests, rants, planes and boycotts started? Or is your point that Wenger should have been able to work through that without any decline?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

So what's your point, it was just coincidence that Arsène dropped out of the top four after 20 years of consistency when the protests, rants, planes and boycotts started? Or is your point that Wenger should have been able to work through that without any decline?
Poor recruitment
Lack of financial fair play for a period where we fell behind
Repeated mistakes
Old age
There is more but spoilers from his autobiography which he admits himself.

Yes fans and media played a part for sure, but like come on bro lol. Our fans are d*ckheads but it wasn't just them that had him walk away after 22 years.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Enjoying the book a lot so far (on chapter 4). Really interesting to get a view into his mind.
Amazing to hear how hard he took defeat. Was super hard on himself.
And is obsessed with the grass on the pitch being correct lol

I do miss him tbh, keep telling myself he will be back but months turns to years.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Protests, rants, planes and boycotts started because of us dropping out of the top 4, and looking like utter **** on the pitch in Wenger's last 2 seasons. Nothing about our football during those times inspire confidence that we are heading towards the right direction, and Wenger can blame no one but himself for it.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Protests, rants, planes and boycotts started because of us dropping out of the top 4, and looking like utter **** on the pitch in Wenger's last 2 seasons. Nothing about our football during those times inspire confidence that we are heading towards the right direction, and Wenger can blame no one but himself for it.
The concerted campaign to finish off Wenger started early in 16/17 long before we actually finished 5th by 1 point. Entitled fans were p!ssed that the mighty Arsenal hadn't won the league and were stuck with boring top 4. Fans, including AFTV and posters on AM were frothing at the mouth for coming 2nd.

Strangely those same fans have been quite calm at coming 8th.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
looks delighted to meet the clown his players & ivan were leaking **** to :lol:

EkYi_WQWAAAXFWO

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
:lol: Complete rewrite of history. The fans played a much bigger part in our decline than Wenger ever did.

Arsenal finishes before the fans started their campaign to remove him in earnest because they were bored with top 4 . . 4th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd. No decline there.

Arsenal finishes after the fans started their boycotts, protests, planes, social media rants etc . . . 5th, 6th, 5th, 8th.

When you take away all the nonsense, those are the bare irrefutable facts.
top tier trolling, my respects.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
Reading the book, you can see why Wenger has this romanticised view of football: Growing up in a small village where the football team was the heart of the community.

He showed total devotion to his mentor Max Hild and expected that kind of old-school loyalty from his players, which sadly he seldom received.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I made sure to blaze through it cause there are a ton of spoilers in the Arsenal related media I consume habitually.

Will let it breathe for a couple weeks before I start openly airing my views but goes without saying essential reading for any Arsenal fan. For me it’s what he doesn’t say or barely touches on that says a lot actually. His passion for football is really driven home in this.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

What is wrong with you? Why can't you accept that a manager simply declined and his methods became far too old school in modern eras.

Honestly baffles me that you support us getting bullied away from home so much in big games over the years. Poor tactics and poor purchases along with being incredibly stubborn led to a downward trend in form.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
What is wrong with you? Why can't you accept that a manager simply declined and his methods became far too old school in modern eras.

Honestly baffles me that you support us getting bullied away from home so much in big games over the years. Poor tactics and poor purchases along with being incredibly stubborn led to a downward trend in form.
how does a declining manager rejig formation and tonk Chelsea led by Conte, while having Mertesacker and Holding at CB? Bear in mind this was a cup final less than a year before he resigned.
Must have been a rather rapid decline. Even today Xhaka, Holding, Elneny have been shown to be better options than the genius buys of the next management.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Fancy asking him about ‘nasty chants’, particularly the awful peedo stuff...

‘So, er... you must remember when opposing fans would call you a peedo, Arsène... that’s pretty nasty... How did it make you feel?’.

What could you possibly hope to drag out of him? :lol:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I really want Samuel L Jackson and Arsène to be on Graham Nortons sofa tomorrow. Corona virus ruining the vibe.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
https://poddtoppen.se/podcast/1488521447/the-ornstein-chapman-podcast

Can listen to Wenger's interview with Orny here.

-Really wish he revealed the members of the board that he feels were unjustly hostile towards him.

-Wenger waiting to take a photo with the Pope while negotiating to sign Welbeck on deadline day. :rofl:

-Turned down a Cesc return because he wanted to show him that the grass isn't always greener elsewhere :cool:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom