• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City vs Arsenal| Saturday 17th October 17:30| Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We should of bought another CB ...we need to go a flat four at the back and play 433 but the only CB I trust in a back four is Gabby all the other 7 yes 7 are a red card or mistake waiting to happen

in the midfield I’d like to see
Mo Thomas Dani
with Mo and Thomas in the team Dani with have the freedom to roam and break the line

Madness.

Saliba has yet to make his debut and Mari has made just 2 appearances since signing. Chambers, Mustafi and Sokratis have had 1 red card between the 3 of them.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You start Partey. He’s fit and been playing football, Gabriel came in and played a few games after not playing for 6th months.

Against Fulham. He was left out entirely against Liverpool

Pyres7

Madness.

Saliba has yet to make his debut and Mari has made just 2 appearances since signing. Chambers, Mustafi and Sokratis have had 1 red card between the 3 of them.
For this season I agree we didn't need another CB, but only because midfield was far more important.

Long term we definitely need another CB. Mustafi and Sokratis and Luiz (in a back four) aren't good enough, Holding and Chambers are squad CBs not starters. Same for Mari, he's back up LCB to Gabriel.

Saliba might come good but I think he's more of a long-term project. I wanted to throw him in the deep end but it looks like Arteta wants to be patient with him. Otherwise we would have been playing him instead of trying to loan him out.

Once our CBs are good enough we can finally move away from this defensive 3-4-3 formation.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I'd love seeing us go 433, but I just can't see us doing so the first time in a game against City.

We will slowly switch to it.
Also, I'd have a hard time calling Partey starting or not, assuming it's rather unlikely.

Would be great though.

Arteta man just go for it please. Play 433 with Pepe, Saka and Partey starting. Show them no respect. If we lose we lose. But if you again go with this super conservative bus parking football with the likes of AMN and ElNenny I will seriously lose my ****!!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Aguero back is annoying but it’s still a very weak City side when you look at their options.

Probably still a far better side than ours but it’s as good a time to face them as any.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Arteta man just go for it please. Play 433 with Pepe, Saka and Partey starting. Show them no respect. If we lose we lose. But if you again go with this super conservative bus parking football with the likes of AMN and ElNenny I will seriously lose my ****!!

If we lose we lose? Arsène Wenger mentality losing against top clubs away right there.

City and Liverpool away will be the only two big games we have to play defensively/counter attacking. And we should do that, can't be arsed getting drubbed by 4 or 5 goals. Whats the point.

Jason Jace

Personally wouldn't play 433 against City. Wouldn't play it until that system is settled in training with Partey as a main player in said system.
4231 is the formation I think we should use against city with Partey and and ceballos playing as a double pivot, William playing as an attacking midfielder, them pepe, Auba, Saka
But fingers crossed, wetin to see what Mikel has off his sleeves

Xanth

I don’t understand why 433 is inherently a bad formation against City. We looked decent against them in that setup before the red card and we started with Willock in midfield, no offence to him. Not to mention Xhaka was taken out with a minor injury five minutes into the game.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
When I see posters talking about 433, I hope they understand that maintaining it for most of the game (defense and attack) means we need our players to understand their roles and responsibilities in that formation, for all aspects of the game. Only Liverpool and City play like that at the moment, no one else.

We are not there yet, and I'd argue that we dont have the players to keep our 433 shape, even when we are fully trained this season.

We will see 433 yes, but likely as an attacking shape only (or at least our starting shape when we transition into attack).

We play a variety of formations at the moment and that isnt likely to change against City...

541 in defense
433 -> 235 in attack.

Last edited:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
As for Tierney's return, its great for our offensive movement, but Im still concerned with that space he (and Bellerin) leave behind, specifically the channels.

This is where the analysis says Partey can play a super role for us, tucking into right back closing that space behind Bellerin for example, allowing us to have 4 at the back so that our channels behind arent open for attack. As you know, Partey can also launch attacks from deep as he has done for Atleti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom