• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City vs Arsenal| Saturday 17th October 17:30| Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I’m hopeful on Partey but definitely expecting Pepe to be benched for Willian. Pepe was really unlucky that the international break came when it did.

I'm not so sure, he only started Gabriel because he was literally forced to and then dropped him as soon as Luiz was back. I think both should start, Partey is fully up to speed with football and he isn't some kid but just have this feeling Arteta will go with Elneny again.

AmsterdamGunner

Not confident at all.
We need to start play some proper football with proper midfield.

If Tierney can play, i would go with the following formation:
Leno
Bellerin Holding Gabriel Tierney
Ceballos Partey
Pepe Willian Saka
Auba
i think Arteta will go with:
Leno
Bellerin Holding Luiz Gabriel Tierney
Xhaka Ceballos
Willian Auba Saka
Not confident at all.
We need to start play some proper football with proper midfield.

If Tierney can play, i would go with the following formation:
Leno
Bellerin Holding Gabriel Tierney
Ceballos Partey
Pepe Willian Saka
Auba
i think Arteta will go with:
Leno
Bellerin Holding Luiz Gabriel Tierney
Xhaka Ceballos
Willian Auba Saka

That first team would be the exact team/formation i would go for, that’s how we played against Sheffield the last 20 minutes. I would maybe play Elneny instead of Ceballos to keep the ball in the team. But i agree Artera will probably go for your second formation/team.

gkoat

We should of bought another CB ...we need to go a flat four at the back and play 433 but the only CB I trust in a back four is Gabby all the other 7 yes 7 are a red card or mistake waiting to happen

in the midfield I’d like to see
Mo Thomas Dani
with Mo and Thomas in the team Dani with have the freedom to roam and break the line
We need to bring in at least 3 cbs this january

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Found some evidence that Tierney has been taking extra precautions in order to be allowed to play

51rcpo0e6gt51.jpg

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

City are still City. Bernardo Silva, Sterling, Mahrez, Foden, Aguero and Torres all available for attacking areas.

They are a threat, why would we go into the game in a different way to Leicester? Some people like @Troopz say really stupid things sometimes.

You watch Leicester play a 343 and ruin Man City on the break. But we should go right at them and leave ourselves exposed? Hmm.

Reason we haven't won away from home against a big side since 2015 is because we were always too gung ho. Hence the 6-0/5-1 drubbings on a consistent basis.

You’re definitely a ****. Those are the same players without Aguero that got absolutely destroyed by Leicester and looked very average against Leeds but we’re meant to be worried by them? As long as Arteta picks the right team then we have a massive chance especially without KDB who is injured and the likes of Laporte/Dias not mentioned in that lineup which was posted.

Ake, Fernandinho and Mendy at the back is a dreadful makeshift defence.

We have to go for the win here.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

They still always create **** loads of chances. A lot more than us and with a lot more ease. They just haven’t been clinical. Honestly, goal threat isn’t a problem for them and I remain unconvinced of our ability to keep clean sheets away at top 6 sides.
I never said they won’t score or create chances, just pointing out the obvious threats are out or out of position. Sterling, Foden, Mahrez, Torres, Rodri, - they all capable of scoring.

I believe our struggle ball will prevail, but if there was ever a time to go at them - it would be now.

A win or loss wouldn’t surprise me. Unlikely city with lose or draw this many in a row now that I think about it.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I'm so excited to see Arsenal play again, even if we lose it will be so much better than pointless internationals.

I just saw that there’s another international break in a few weeks too :facepalm:

They need to scrap them completely.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I just saw that there’s another international break in a few weeks too :facepalm:

They need to scrap them completely.

They need to stop bullsh*t like lots of friendlies, Nations league and letting these dead countries think they have a chance. Just let the good countries qualify and have like a mini tournament for the Azerbaijans and Faroe Islands of the world.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I'm so excited to see Arsenal play again, even if we lose it will be so much better than pointless internationals.

Only time international football is good, is during summer tournaments really (World Cup/Euros etc.) all the friendlies and qualifying crap during the club calendar is the absolute dirt worst.

gkoat

Only time international football is good, is during summer tournaments really (World Cup/Euros etc.) all the friendlies and qualifying crap during the club calendar is the absolute dirt worst.
I enjoy friendly breaks if arsenal players do well and Sp**s get injured

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

The worst ones are the ones when the season is just starting, swear there's a break in August September October and November wtf.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Interesting, this confirms that Nelson, Willock and Cedric won't be involved at all which is surprising in a sense as you'd have expected them all to be on the bench. Then again Partey signing naturally relegates Willock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom