• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City vs Arsenal| Saturday 17th October 17:30| Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Tactically, Arteta was fairly on point. I couldn't understand Willian centrally but what he can do in ball carrying is why. Sadly overnight, he's had a massive physical decline so the idea was okay but we didn't have the right player for it. For the goal, Ceballos lost Aguero and that's where Partey will make a difference. Leno again parries into a danger area and doesn't get up quickly. Ederson made some excellent saves from Auba and Laca but it was the presence of Aguero who made City tick. We have a structure and we can implement it but it looks horribly laboured. Stats wise, we kept things much closer but we created only one big chance and that's been an issue for two years now. The defence looks safe enough but the midfield is an issue. There's no pace or athleticism and Partey alone may not be enough. I was surprised by the pre match optimism tbh. No matter how poor the opposition, this squad has massive holes in crucial areas and individual players. Despite that, we should have nicked a point. I hope for a more expansive performance on Thursday.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Tactically, Arteta was fairly on point. I couldn't understand Willian centrally but what he can do in ball carrying is why. Sadly overnight, he's had a massive physical decline so the idea was okay but we didn't have the right player for it. For the goal, Ceballos lost Aguero and that's where Partey will make a difference. Leno again parries into a danger area and doesn't get up quickly. Ederson made some excellent saves from Auba and Laca but it was the presence of Aguero who made City tick. We have a structure and we can implement it but it looks horribly laboured. Stats wise, we kept things much closer but we created only one big chance and that's been an issue for two years now. The defence looks safe enough but the midfield is an issue. There's no pace or athleticism and Partey alone may not be enough. I was surprised by the pre match optimism tbh. No matter how poor the opposition, this squad has massive holes in crucial areas and individual players. Despite that, we should have nicked a point. I hope for a more expansive performance on Thursday.

Spotted this too. Small detail but it matters. Within minutes of Partey coming on he ate up yards in in midfield.

On the Willian point, yes he can carry the ball but you have to ask yourself whether that outweighs the threat posed by intelligent, quick movement and a player who can actually occupy defenders.

I feel that he needs to be playing through balls to the striker not the other way around

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah seeing the picture makes it seem less than what was presented on the previous pages. Didn't seem sexual at all.

Guy was looking at the play and she didn't seem bothered. See how it plays out. Hopefully people aren't offended for her :lol:

It doesn’t have to be sexual or personally offensive to an individual.

That’s her place of work so unless he has a very good reason he shouldn’t be touching her. At all! It’s creepy and inappropriate.

Try putting a friendly hand on the neck of a London Underground staff member next time you’re on it and see what happens.

Nobody should crucify him for it, but hopefully he’s switched on next time.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Wonder if anything will come of Agueros incident or will the official let it go and make no comment.
I hope he gets some kind of reprimand. Don't think any player can put his hand around the neck of a referee or linesman. To me it seemed like intimidation. Like he was trying to physically intimidate her after first yelling at her. Don't think it would set a good example if he gets away with it.

When it happened I remember thinking how she could / should have reacted, but wasn't sure what would have been the right reaction. Whne the FA and PL have a look at this I hope they make some kind of example.

D

Dial Square 1886

What I saw today:

We are getting better, it's a process.

First time I haven't been hiding behind my sofa in one of these games for a while! Defensively we looked comfortably for a lot of the time.

Clear from day 1 that Arteta wanted to build a defensive foundation before adding the more expansive stuff and I would say he has done that well.

We look more organised defensively now than at any time in the last decade or so.

Still very cautious going forward and lacking much creativity (all season so far TBF). Seemed like there was a chance to really go after City in the second half, but we don't seen to have that in the locker yet. Don' think we quite have all the pieces in the right places, or on the same page yet either

Saka looks one hell of a player. I am very, very cautious about heaping too much praise on players until they have proven it over a period of time at the top level, but some of the little things this lad does makes me go 'oh, ok, we have found a gem here'. Let's hope he continues the progression!

Not much else really. Expected a loss beforehand and that's what we got. Slightly disappointed that we did not attempt to create more, considering they were maybe a bit short of confidence and no Laporte/KDB, but all in all, not too bad.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It doesn’t have to be sexual or personally offensive to an individual.

That’s her place of work so unless he has a very good reason he shouldn’t be touching her. At all! It’s creepy and inappropriate.

Try putting a friendly hand on the neck of a London Underground staff member next time you’re on it and see what happens.

Nobody should crucify him for it, but hopefully he’s switched on next time.

It’s got nothing to do with her being a woman either, she is an official, you don’t put your hands on then

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I agree, just wanted to mention though we did create two big chances. The Saka chance and Aubameyang's chance which would've been undoubtedly overridden had he scored (he was like ten years onside) which he should've...if Laca did that he'd be hounded lol.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Aguero who has been out for 4 months ran away from Dani like Dani was running in quicksand.

Deflating viewing today, really bad. We didn’t get battered, City with injuries to key players just brushed us aside and we had little or no fight.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Thought Ceballos worked really hard for the team today, won a lot of tackles...still really hoping we can make that permanent

Partey
Ceballos-Saka
...lovely!

Manberg

Predator
City’s defence is better without Laporte. He’s not such a big miss for them, he hasn’t delivered since joining them.

Aside from De Bruyne’s absence that was a full strength Man City team.

We’re missing Holding and Martinelli. Apparently Holding has won every game he played against City. 2 wins out of 2.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

They created two good chances (scored one), so did we, but scored none. We should have had a penalty. On that note, we didn’t deserve to lose.
Based on first half we absolutely deserved to lose and based on our negative approach we also deserved to lose. Sign of a small club is we take pride in respectable losses. We move like a small team. And no serious club plays with 5 defenders every game. This rigid stuff is killing us slowly and it’s worrying for the future

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
What’s with the “we only lost by 1 brigade”? That’s nothing to be happy about when you go there and play negative dead football like Palace under Hodgson, it’s impossible to lose badly when you’re so cautious.
Exactly. Im not upset about the loss. Im upset about how we lost. We played scared and we barely tried. Also, im going to say this....we cant play attacking football with Xhaka in our midfield. I'll say it again.....WE CANNOT PLAY ATTACKING FOOTBALL WITH GRANIT XHAKA IN OUR MIDFIELD. I dont know what ppl see in him. Our attacking style of football has died since we've signed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom