• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yeah that was **** keeping. He has to instinctively close his fist and get distance on that. Anything but do that. Oh well, onto the next.

Pop Tart

Established Member
He has good saves in him which we see almost every game but he does make me worry. I think the defence could of reacted better to his save that led to the goal though.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Parried the shot into the danger area and then minuted later caught a high ball in the box and actually looked commanding. The two main flaws need ironing out quickly. November 8th will be a big test for him

Yeah there has been a number of times his saves has resulted in a tap in on the rebound, at some point it's just not a coincidence or being unlucky..

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yeah there has been a number of times his saves has resulted in a tap in on the rebound, at some point it's just not a coincidence or being unlucky..
In his interview yesterday, he talked about losing his footing (which looked hilariously awful in slow motion) and said "a bit unlucky for a keeper". It was but he came across as so blasé.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
1taep5ip1xt51.jpg

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Will keep looking at this, this season. May be wrong but have always felt in a team of 11 there are some positions more important than others. Not all positions are equal. And a really good or poor player in those positions can have a biggerimpact on the team, like striker and goalkeeper for example. Leno is far from poor, but his parrying into the opposition is costing us.

Honestly don't think there was a need to sell Martinez. We have so much money tied up in wages for poor players, that £100K a week for a really good one is no brainer.
C505-FA61-4247-4856-9-C97-80803-C13-FC34.jpg

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
No way we could have kept both Leno and Martinez...Emi would only have stayed if he was made the number 1 keeper, something which the club couldn't guarantee.

Plus we don't sign both Gabriel and Partey if we don't sell Emi, so it was for the greater good.

Let's play Aubamawang

I agree with what Tony Adams said. He parried the ball right back into the danger zone. At least try to get strong hands on it to send it clear or out of play. As a goalkeeper facing play there's no excuse for him not seeing attackers coming. It's poor technique, just like when he comes to claim crosses.

I've said it before and I will say it again. We sold the considerably better keeper. Martinez would have saved that properly. I miss the big guy already. Look how much confidence he has given Villa players to attack. The same presence he gave our players. Leno's just not a clutch player.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No way we could have kept both Leno and Martinez...Emi would only have stayed if he was made the number 1 keeper, something which the club couldn't guarantee.

Plus we don't sign both Gabriel and Partey if we don't sell Emi, so it was for the greater good.
I know its water under the bridge but I can't agree with that bro. We only got £15.7m for him, of course we could have kept him if the club had wanted to. We wasted £7m on Mari and God knows how much we gave Kia Joorabchian in agents fees on the Willian, Luiz, Soares deals. This is a cut throat results business, the best keeper plays No 1.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I agree with what Tony Adams said. He parried the ball right back into the danger zone. At least try to get strong hands on it to send it clear or out of play. As a goalkeeper facing play there's no excuse for him not seeing attackers coming. It's poor technique, just like when he comes to claim crosses.

I've said it before and I will say it again. We sold the considerably better keeper. Martinez would have saved that properly. I miss the big guy already. Look how much confidence he has given Villa players to attack. The same presence he gave our players. Leno's just not a clutch player.

He's done it a few times recently, I'm sure it will get ironed out, it's actually not a big flaw, but just a bad habit.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Gotta say, if it's true that Arteta promised all starts to Leno (meaning no starts in the Europa, FA cup for Emi) and it played a big part in Martinez leaving then Arteta dropped an absolute clanger and it was a pretty stupid move (no hindsight required).

Hopefully it's not true.

shoot for the top

I hate to be the type of fan to negatively harp on a player, but I really like Emi and Leno is making mistakes game after game. Some Arsenal fans were arguing Leno is better, he def is not better for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom