• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Wenger and Mert believe he’s not being dropped for footballing reasons but AM told me that’s just a fanboy conspiracy theory

Did you really need to hear it from Wenger and Merts. It's clear as the nose on my face that it has nothing to do with football, and I have a pretty substantial nose... unfortunately.

Divided_Pie

Tried to listen to the Kick & Rush podcast with Mert but it's in German which unfortunately I don't speak. Anyone know if there's a transcript somewhere? Would like to read Per's comments with full context.

On the surface, in ANYONE'S life, if they get married and have their first child, their focus and priorities are going to change, especially during a global pandemic. I don't think Per's comment on that translates to "Özil doesn't care about football, isn't committed to the club, and doesn't work hard." I take it more to explain the reason that Özil hasn't been open to a move to another club merely for the sake of more playing time.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You gotta love how Pers comments about Özil when Emery was here were scoffed at, and even Mikel’s this season ignored.

So what else has Per said that alludes to his exclusion being unrelated to football, and will I need an autistic savant to decipher it?

Divided_Pie

So what else has Per said that alludes to his exclusion being unrelated to football, and will I need an autistic savant to decipher it?

So you're complaining about how people are interpreting Per's words to serve an agenda? You literally re-wrote his words in quotes to serve yours:

Cheers, Per.

‘He probably doesn’t care much about football these days but he’s still happy to have a kickabout’

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
So you're complaining about how people are interpreting Per's words to serve an agenda? You literally re-wrote his words in quotes to serve yours:
No, I’m asking for whatever he’s supposed to have said that points to Özil’s exclusion not being football related. I’m genuinely interested! Where is it?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If you mean this, @Divided_Pie , then I’m not sure what you’ve been consuming. To say that backs up the theory in any way at all, nevermind it being confirmation, is the worst interpretation of a tweet I’ve ever heard of. FYI too, I don’t even care why he’s been left out. I dont want it to be for any particular reason. There are no winners here.

Divided_Pie

If you mean this, @Divided_Pie , then I’m not sure what you’ve been consuming. To say that backs up the theory in any way at all, nevermind it being confirmation, is the worst interpretation of a tweet I’ve ever heard of.
I never said it backed up theory #1 that Özil's exclusion is purely for non-footballing reasons.

What I did say is that it doesn't back up theory #2 that Özil's exclusion IS purely for footballing reasons.

The quotes from the same podcast that DO support theory number 1 are as follows:

"But when I meet him, he is always in a good mood. He works hard and trains"

"So I'm very sorry that he's currently in a situation where he's not really used."

The first quote contradicts any claims that Özil is lazy and doesn't train well.

The second quote does not place blame on Özil for his exclusion, refers to a "situation" and expresses sympathy for Özil being in that situation.

gamechannel

I never said it backed up theory #1 that Özil's exclusion is purely for non-footballing reasons.

What I did say is that it doesn't back up theory #2 that Özil's exclusion IS purely for footballing reasons.

The quotes from the same podcast that DO support theory number 1 are as follows:

"So I'm very sorry that he's currently in a situation where he's not really used."

The first quote contradicts any claims that Özil is lazy and doesn't train well.

The second quote does not place blame on Özil for his exclusion, refers to a "situation" and expresses sympathy for Özil being in that situation.

Jury has made up his mind. No reason indulging him. His disdain for Özil goes beyond footballing reasons as any fan with a capacity to rationally think would agree that although a declined player, Özil is still worth having in the 25 man squad and can be used effectively in certain situations by presenting a better option than the Willocks, Willians and Nelson's of the world.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Jury has made up his mind. No reason indulging him. His disdain for Özil goes beyond footballing reasons as any fan with a capacity to rationally think would agree that although a declined player, Özil is still worth having in the 25 man squad and can be used effectively in certain situations by presenting a better option than the Willocks, Willians and Nelson's of the world.
All you post is nonsense and baseless accusations of racism and islamophobia, so off you pop on ignore.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

I’ve not listened to the podcast, but there’s still not enough there to declare its 100% unrelated to football. Per saying he trains hard isn’t enough. Football isn’t just about sweating when you train.

As I said, I don’t care for the reasons, but I’m still genuinely interested in the story behind it. I won’t care if it transpires it was for reasons unrelated to football, like China or whatever. Just an interested observer.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Thinks will become clearer at least a year from now. But no one can say Özil deserves to start based on merit.

Divided_Pie

I’ve not listened to the podcast, but there’s still not enough there to declare its 100% unrelated to football. Per saying he trains hard isn’t enough. Football isn’t just about sweating when you train.

As I said, I don’t care for the reasons, but I’m still genuinely interested in the story behind it. I won’t care if it transpires it was for reasons unrelated to football, like China or whatever. Just an interested observer.
Your posting history in this thread seems to indicate you DO care the reasons, and it seems important to you that you are proven right in your assertions that this sad ending to Özil's Arsenal career is entirely of his own making.

At any rate, I have not declared that it's 100% unrelated to football. I am only saying that there isn't enough to declare that it 100% is related either.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Your posting history in this thread seems to indicate you DO care the reasons, and it seems important to you that you are proven right
And even if that were true, are you suggesting nobody else in this thread wants to be proven right by their post history? Hello?

This is absurd. What a ridiculous, blatant, double standard. Worrying stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom