• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
They are definitely technically gifted. Maybe not the same level as Hazard or Messi but they're gifted. I think what you mean is that Salah and Mane do not look as clean the most gifted footballers. I think they're in the same category as Sanchez. Technically gifted but they don't have "clean" technique. I don't know how to explain it. You can tell when someone is a street baller vs academy prospect. You know someone that has come from La Masia or Ajax because of the way receive the ball. But for Mane, Salah, and Sanchez it's more than likely they did not have access to top European academies due to the lack of resources in their homeland so they're less likely to acquire the proper training to kick a ball for example. Most of it is self taught which is why it looks rougher to others
I maybe waffling but I think that's what you mean.

No that makes complete sense. Agree on Sanchez. It's not even just that he's a street baller (he is), it's more he looks like he's working hard for his greatness, where others make it look easy. A comparison would be Hleb and Sanchez. Sanchez was technically good, Hleb technically gifted. I think Sanchez was better though.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Tide seems to be turning against him.

Amazing how quickly things change.
people dont like defensive football......unless you are winning offcourse. So if he doesnt atleast make top 4 while boring everyone out. Most will want him out. I have strong concerns about his approach, but Im not Arteta out yet. I just dont like cowardice tactics

Finesse

IMO this has more to do with shape than the players in the team. The setup and style of play has dramatically reduced goals conceded but the opportunity cost is a restriction the attacking natural instincts.

We have the second best defense after trips to Anfield and Manchester . Very impressive for a start into the season.

Turn to the offensive side and we are in serious trouble. Our top scorer and best player has so far 6 shots in 6 full games ranking him 45th in the PL. Compare that with Kane 25 shots , Mitrovic 21 , Salah 25 , DCL 21 , Mane 17 ( missed one game).

Total shots on goal from Arsenal 41. Puts us 4th from the bottom behind Burnley , Palace and WestBrom. Liverpool have had 97 so far. We are not blessed with the most clinical strikers upfront in Laca and Eddie, hence we must create much more to score and win games. Else the defensive shape will do all it can to stop goals but cannot rely on the attack to make it count.

After 6 games this is worrying. It does not make Mikel a poor manager. We are all behind him and we trust his process. However I cannot sympathize with him entirely if on day 6th into the PL we are going to City, with Willian as a false 9 to try and bring creativity in the final 3rd / bring wingers into play. As things stands we have no miracle in a player who can play CAM. We have to rely on a tweak in shape to bring the best out of Pepe, Auba,Willian from the wings. ( for now they have all been unproductive on the flanks)

We must start creating more as a unit to match what Arteta wants in defense.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don't feel like this is a hard one to argue. Mane is a brilliant attacker - the best in the league for me. He clearly doesn't have the natural gifts of other forwards in the league though and uses his attributes to the best of his ability.

Not technically gifted doesn't mean that he has no technique. His first touch and control is decent, his passing is okay and he has a good shot technique. His directness, movement and positioning make him elite, not his technique.

I'd definitely say Saka, Pepe and Willian are all more technically gifted than Mane. None are anywhere near as effective though.

People seem to use technical ability and good synonymously.
I kind of get what you mean but I think you’re talking about ball control, first touch and dribbling rather than jus technical ability as a whole.

And yeah Mane definitely doesn’t lack any of those things but you wouldn’t see anyone calling him a silky smooth player so I get what you mean.

truth_hurts

I kind of get what you mean but I think you’re talking about ball control, first touch and dribbling rather than jus technical ability as a whole.

And yeah Mane definitely doesn’t lack any of those things but you wouldn’t see anyone calling him a silky smooth player so I get what you mean.

I think it's fair to say if you want to show a young player a technical pro, there are a lot of places you go before Mane or Salah.

truth_hurts

If we had Mane, we would be title contenders! Arteta needs to find a way to get a tune out of our forwards though and he's failing so far. Aubameyang would score goals in any team

Kav

Established Member
Wenger is responsible (along with Gazidis). He left the team in such a poor shape. The Özil contract, etc...
It’s going to take another 2 years before we can say it’s Arteta’s team.
This is pure BS. Aside from Xhaka and Aubameyang ( Who everyone rates) and lacazette, Bellerin there is no remnant of Wenger’s players in the first team here today.

The current situation is down to emery and who ever has been here since then. Stop lying on people to make Arteta look good. We all know he hasn’t quite put together the team he may want but thats no excuse for the **** show we have offensively.

Manberg

Predator
This is pure BS. Aside from Xhaka and Aubameyang ( Who everyone rates) and lacazette, Bellerin there is no remnant of Wenger’s players in the first team here today.

The current situation is down to emery and who ever has been here since then. Stop lying on people to make Arteta look good. We all know he hasn’t quite put together the team he may want but thats no excuse for the **** show we have offensively.

Who’s idea was it for our wage structure to be so broken? Özil £350k p/w, Kolasinac £100k, Mkhitaryan £200k p/w etc.
All these poor decisions came during Wenger’s reign. Then there were the poor signings made in the first place. £50m on Lacazette, £35m on Mustafi etc.

Kav

Established Member
Who’s idea was it for our wage structure to be so broken? Özil £350k p/w, Kolasinac £100k, Mkhitaryan £200k p/w etc.
All these poor decisions came during Wenger’s reign. Then there were the poor signings made in the first place. £50m on Lacazette, £35m on Mustafi etc.

Yes he made poor signings which manager has not? We can all point to Cedric or Mari as questionable signings by Arteta. I don’t see how Mustafi or lacazette is relevant to the players being used in the first team since Arteta is clearly not using them. This makes your point moot.

We are discussing the football on display and what is on display is ****. Even the players you are highlighting as problems are not even contributing to the poor offensive output so I don’t see where you are going with it.

As for the pay structure, yes that happened under Wenger but I don’t think I needed to repeat this point because it was well established that Wenger did not get involved in the financial details of contracts with players. That was Gazidis and **** law.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I hope he is watching Leeds play and learn what attacking football looks like. It sure as hell ain’t keeper and cbs passing to each other to up possession stats

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Wenger is salty that the new kid on the block already solved defensive issues he couldn’t solve.
I highly doubt that. He's fiercely loyal to his former players and I'm sure he's very happy for Arteta, especially given that he saw him in this job years ago. I have no issues with him giving an honest assessment of what he sees now just as I had no issues making and listening to honest assessments of what his sides did and didn't do properly.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Yes he made poor signings which manager has not? We can all point to Cedric or Mari as questionable signings by Arteta. I don’t see how Mustafi or lacazette is relevant to the players being used in the first team since Arteta is clearly not using them. This makes your point moot.

We are discussing the football on display and what is on display is ****. Even the players you are highlighting as problems are not even contributing to the poor offensive output so I don’t see where you are going with it.

As for the pay structure, yes that happened under Wenger but I don’t think I needed to repeat this point because it was well established that Wenger did not get involved in the financial details of contracts with players. That was Gazidis and **** law.

C'mon mate, the final 5 years of Wenger the squad building was dire. It was also very short-termist and band-aid after band-aid, and only buying for the here and now, desperately trying to save his job or achieve the aims he hadn't been able to achieve for a long time. Aside from that many poor signings, more than the usual amount that will happen with any club.

I don't see how people can deny that the recruitment under Wenger in the last 5 years and squad planning in general was dire.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom