• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We have a lopsided system to create overloads and therefore space for Auba our best player. I should be asking you how you can't see that.

Bellerin is just as good on the ball as Tierney. KT isn't Monreal, as for Pepe he's clearly talented just not used enough or correctly. If his goal last week was a fluke then he has a whole season in Ligue1 that shows what he can do with the ball.

For that to make sense our overloads would need to be on the opposite side, and switch play. It doesn’t happen. We’ve stuck him on the left touch line where he’s had 6 shots on goal all season.

How is that getting the best out of a guy who only became taken seriously at the top level after being converted from the wing to a full time centre forward?

Unlike Xhaka, Auba wasn’t exactly struggling with our system before Arteta showed up. The structure he implemented was to mitigate our flaws.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
For me, it's time to play him through the middle with Saka and Pepe either side. Give the CBs something to do rather than standing 10 yards off of Lacazette without a care in the world.

Manberg

Predator
We need to get this guy into goal scoring position. How many chances have we laid onto a plate for him? Genuinely wondering as in my memory he often has to do most of the work himself.

It's what top strikers do. Kane and Son at Sp**s, Salah and Mane at Liverpool. Nobody complains about a lack of creativity when top strikers do their magic. Auba should be capable of more. I want to see more.
Pepe can be criticised for not offering as much a threat on the other flank. We paid £72m for him. The kind of money that should give world class.

Reactions: roz

GoonerJay24

You’re right.

It’s a creative issue. That’s why we need everyone to help creating. That’s why we need a striker who is good at combination pass play, have great control in tight space and dribbling skills that beat defenders. Someone like Suarez/van Persie/Benzema.....

We don’t want players who are just good at goal scoring. Because if we have players like this, we are one player down in possession, and we can’t create anything out of our tactics. And this becomes a tactical issue.

We shouldn’t expect auba to do any of the above. He is not capable. We should have never signed Auba, Laca and Özil. These are the kind of players who are poor on the ball.

Just stop posting, you've clearly never watched a game of football if you think Ozils poor in possession

Pyres7

We need to get this guy into goal scoring position. How many chances have we laid onto a plate for him? Genuinely wondering as in my memory he often has to do most of the work himself.
Even his goals against Fulham and Liverpool weren't clear chances. Edge of the box with loads of defenders goal side. Needed world class finishes for both goals.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
It's what top strikers do. Kane and Son at Sp**s, Salah and Mane at Liverpool. Nobody complains about a lack of creativity when top strikers do their magic. Auba should be capable of more. I want to see more.
Pepe can be criticised for not offering as much a threat on the other flank. We paid £72m for him. The kind of money that should give world class.
As much as I agree that those type of world class players have that in their locker, Auba is a different breed. He is not a creator, he is a finisher. Those goals he produced is him feeding off scraps and working wonders with it.

He needs to be fed more, especially considering the quality of his finishes in the box. Look at how Kane sends Son on a run. That's what we need to produce for Auba more often.

Manberg

Predator
As much as I agree that those type of world class players have that in their locker, Auba is a different breed. He is not a creator, he is a finisher. Those goals he produced is him feeding off scraps and working wonders with it.

He needs to be fed more, especially considering the quality of his finishes in the box. Look at how Kane sends Son on a run. That's what we need to produce for Auba more often.

Kane's a forward, not a midfielder. With the way we're set up, we also need creativity in our forwards.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Kane's a forward, not a midfielder. With the way we're set up, we also need creativity in our forwards.
Kane is playing multiple roles. I won't be surprised to see him in a Rooney role dropping deeper come the end of his career. He is very versatile. Auba is more limited but deadly around the box. If we service him better (which we haven't done for a long while) he'll produce the goods.

Mikel is working towards that. Hopefully Partey strengthening the midfield will allow us to play higher up the pitch and give our forwards more time and options in the final third.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Pep put two right backs on our left side, Cancelo and Walker, and had Mahrez there as well.

They completely cut off our supply to our left where the majority of our attack goes. Pep isn't dumb.

Auba's distanced covered is still the same and I think he still leads in the team, so the lack of effort stuff is nonsense.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
We have a lopsided system to create overloads and therefore space for Auba our best player. I should be asking you how you can't see that.

Bellerin is just as good on the ball as Tierney. KT isn't Monreal, as for Pepe he's clearly talented just not used enough or correctly. If his goal last week was a fluke then he has a whole season in Ligue1 that shows what he can do with the ball.

Well that's stupid if that's the case, you're only creating space for players on the right side. We're creating space for Pepe not Auba. Also, everyone hated it when Emery did this with Kola for a reason.

Pepe is talented in the sense that he's a good dribbler and fast, but as a footballer I'm not convinced. But I do agree he needs to be played into form.

blaze_of_glory

Yeah true enough he hasn't had great service. Last season he was scoring for fun from the wing though. He looks a bit sloppy right now tbh.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Pep put two right backs on our left side, Cancelo and Walker, and had Mahrez there as well.

They completely cut off our supply to our left where the majority of our attack goes. Pep isn't dumb.

Auba's distanced covered is still the same and I think he still leads in the team, so the lack of effort stuff is nonsense.
Özil distance covered, didn’t drop either though. Full speed distance covered btw.

Moah

How come everyone go around to all our attackers threads and moan. If the problem is the same for all its clear that what needs to be changed is the structure of our play.

I'm more or less happy to see us struggle with the current system, because now, it'll force Arteta to think about our attack too.

The Sheffield game also went the same way as the City's. Our left side was almost paralyzed until Bellerin and Pepe made things happen on the right.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

For that to make sense our overloads would need to be on the opposite side, and switch play. It doesn’t happen. We’ve stuck him on the left touch line where he’s had 6 shots on goal all season.

How is that getting the best out of a guy who only became taken seriously at the top level after being converted from the wing to a full time centre forward?

Unlike Xhaka, Auba wasn’t exactly struggling with our system before Arteta showed up. The structure he implemented was to mitigate our flaws.
That’s the plan, doesn’t mean it works well.

I can show you average position maps if you want?

blaze_of_glory

How come everyone go around to all our attackers threads and moan. If the problem is the same for all its clear that what needs to be changed is the structure of our play.

I'm more or less happy to see us struggle with the current system, because now, it'll force Arteta to think about our attack too.

The Sheffield game also went the same way as the City's. Our left side was almost paralyzed until Bellerin and Pepe made things happen on the right.
This is true. I get frustrated with the attackers when the attack isn't working but it is more than an individual issue (Pepe's constant tripping over his own feet aside). Problem is when the system isnt' working it causes the individuals to often play worse when they do eventually get into good positions because they've been starved of the ball and aren't really in full flow.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Well that's stupid if that's the case, you're only creating space for players on the right side. We're creating space for Pepe not Auba. Also, everyone hated it when Emery did this with Kola for a reason.

Pepe is talented in the sense that he's a good dribbler and fast, but as a footballer I'm not convinced. But I do agree he needs to be played into form.
Yeah the plan is to get Tierney, Xhaka and our LCM all playing triangles to attract defenders, the end result being that Auba is left unmarked to attack the space.

Pep completely killed that by overloading our left side to prevent us overloading them.

All of this is extra. Liverpool feed both sides of their attack equally, tbh most teams do. We need to drop this bias to the left side because we’re turning one of the best strikers in the world into a bum.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

This is true. I get frustrated with the attackers when the attack isn't working but it is more than an individual issue (Pepe's constant tripping over his own feet aside). Problem is when the system isnt' working it causes the individuals to often play worse when they do eventually get into good positions because they've been starved of the ball and aren't really in full flow.
Agreed. Attackers need touches and repetition to get sharp in a game, our forwards are getting less than twenty touches per game and a shot on goal every two games but are expected to be sharp as anyone.

Moah

Yeah the plan is to get Tierney, Xhaka and our LCM all playing triangles to attract defenders, the end result being that Auba is left unmarked to attack the space.

Pep completely killed that by overloading our left side to prevent us overloading them.

All of this is extra. Liverpool feed both sides of their attack equally, tbh most teams do. We need to drop this because we’re turning one of the best strikers in the world into a bum.
Also, two of Auba's 4 goals in the semi-final and final games came from the right where Pepe-Bellerin were heavily involved. Making use of our right side will massive help the left side too.

Top Bottom