• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
This will run alongside domestic leagues by the way. The Premier League clubs will want their cake and eat it. They aren’t going to throw away that cash cow.
Is this confirmed? How are they going to fit in a minimum of 34 more games in a season?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Is this confirmed? How are they going to fit in a minimum of 34 more games in a season?

In the SSN article it said they don’t plan on abandoning domestic leagues. **** knows how they’ll manage it though.

Last edited:

Manberg

Predator
"Each of the founding teams is expected to earn fees of hundreds of millions of pounds to participate, with clubs such as Manchester United and Real Madrid receiving the biggest sums for joining."

**** that, cancel this **it.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Well that's the last slither of soul top flight football had killed off.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
When this happens, and this will happen in some form or another, they need to scrap that 20 year lock in rule.

The best sides in Europe will remain with the lessor performing sides falling out and being replaced by well performing “lower league sides”. This serves as a motivation for those outside to get in, and keeps the competition high within the super league.

From an Arsenal perspective it would force us to up our game dramatically when it comes to balancing the quality of our football and our money making, because if we don’t, we would get relegated.

Football is no longer about the fans, it’s about making as much money as possible. The game, in its most innocent form... has died a long long time ago.

Last edited:

ClubLevel

In the SSN article it said they don’t plan on a banding domestic leagues. **** knows how they’ll manage it though.

10-12 of the games will be what could be played in the Champions League. Also going back to the domestic restructure they would probably scrap the league cup too, so that's another 3-4 games.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Becoming a player fan is the way forward..
Im already there....I follow certain players. even though Arsenal is my team. If those players i like do well against Arsenal I feel happy. Football is a business. Entertainment end of the day. Which is why I never understood fans who complains about ticket prices. Dont go if you dont want to. This is also why I always side with players when they do an Özil or hold clubs ransom for more money.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I know we all joke about it, but feel this will genuinely end my interest in football.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Worst thing that happened to English football was Liverpool winning the league. People forgot what a despicable there were back in the 90s when they were the top dogs. Going around Europe murdering people and causing all kind of problems. Now the english game grew after they stopped winning and as soon as they won now they are back to their ways. truly disgusting club

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
So can teams be relegated or will the teams involved have to finish top 4? Like in the current Champions League format.
I'm not sure how relegation will work but after the round robin stage there will be a play-off to determine the winner. Not sure how many teams will be involved, the details haven't been finalised.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Look, there's gonna be a European Super League sooner or later, we all know it's coming. There's been such a will for it to happen for years now and money will talk in the end. As for the soul of football dying? It died years ago, we just have to accept it for what it is now. It's a sport that is now global at the top level and it'll continue to progress this way. You can only get in the way of progress for so long before it eventually happens.

TornadoTed

Established Member
If this does happen I think the top 6 will effectively play a B team in the Premiership. No way can the top players play a minimum of 72 club games + internationals every season.

It would make the Premiership lower quality but it could make it more fun and competitive if you are a fan of a current mid table team. Let's face it, the most exciting it gets for most teams outside the top 6 is mid table mediocrity, the odd surprise win and a decent cup run every few years.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Look, there's gonna be a European Super League sooner or later, we all know it's coming. There's been such a will for it to happen for years now and money will talk in the end. As for the soul of football dying? It died years ago, we just have to accept it for what it is now. It's a sport that is now global at the top level and it'll continue to progress this way. You can only get in the way of progress for so long before it eventually happens.
It will happen only because fans are ok with it. If enough fans protest against it and stop watching it wont happen. Just like ticket prices. People used to cry about Arsenals ticket prices and still go....what happens if no one went and there was solidarity among fans? 5k watching Arsenal....you dont think they would react?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If this does happen I think the top 6 will effectively play a B team in the Premiership. No way can the top players play a minimum of 72 club games + internationals every season.

It would make the Premiership lower quality but it could make it more fun and competitive if you are a fan of a current mid table team. Let's face it, the most exciting it gets for most teams outside the top 6 is mid table mediocrity, the odd surprise win and a decent cup run every few years.
The saddest part will be club like us though. Imagine not caring for the PL and having no chance to win this European thing and in it just for the money. We would exist solely to make money for the owner. With the Americans behind this they will make sure no one gets relegated

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

images

Latest posts+

Top Bottom