• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomb Bombadil

Will we ever get to know what the reason was?
  • Commitment in training
  • Tactical reason
  • Not agreeing to the salary cut
  • Post uyghurs
  • Fallout with Arteta
  • Fallout with the board
  • Performance-related salary components
I guess it's more than one and I guess the performance-related salary components could be a big reason. Maybe the board wasn't that stupid to pay him so much and they built in a huge performance part.

I think tactical reasons is the main problem but there has to be a problem behind the scenes. If you just plan him for EL/Cups/substitute and you can save £5m by not playing him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Will we ever get to know what the reason was?
  • Commitment in training
  • Tactical reason
  • Not agreeing to the salary cut
  • Post uyghurs
  • Fallout with Arteta
  • Fallout with the board
  • Performance-related salary components
I guess it's more than one and I guess the performance-related salary components could be a big reason. Maybe the board wasn't that stupid to pay him so much and they built in a huge performance part.

I think tactical reasons is the main problem but there has to be a problem behind the scenes. If you just plan him for EL/Cups/substitute and you can save £5m by not playing him.
Tactical reason where he can’t even get a min? What tactics do we have that would be ruined by Özil even playing few mins? And did Arteta change tactics before the lockdown to after lockdown where Özil went from a starter to not making 25 man squad. This is not football related. Also why are people acting like we have 10 outfield players running none stop like machines? Pepe does very little work and Auba not much more than him

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
here come the maggots :rofl:
F174-AC75-3109-4-B7-C-8611-1-C9-C9-D08-D234.jpg

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If we're making a Top 5 players of the Emirates era, I'd make a case that Bacary Sagna should be at least in the conversation, he's a dark horse contender that get's overlooked . For longevity and consistency he's above most of the attacking / flair players that will be on most lists.

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Established Member
Tactical reason where he can’t even get a min? What tactics do we have that would be ruined by Özil even playing few mins? And did Arteta change tactics before the lockdown to after lockdown where Özil went from a starter to not making 25 man squad. This is not football related. Also why are people acting like we have 10 outfield players running none stop like machines? Pepe does very little work and Auba not much more than him

Arteta switched to 343 and recently 433, where can Özil in that lineup except as a winger? And do you want to see Özil playing as a winger?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
He did win a golden glove tbf

I'm not saying he was terrible, but he wasn't the Petr Cech of the pre head injury era. His last couple of years at the club were pretty poor in terms of performance in my opinion.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arteta switched to 343 and recently 433, where can Özil in that lineup except as a winger? And do you want to see Özil playing as a winger?
Do you want to watch Arsenal in general?

Who do you like in the squad? Were you happy when we won FA Cup final? I'm curious because I've not seen you have a good word to say about anything.

I don't rate Özil anymore as I remember all of his crap tbh - but to suggest he can't get in this team or on the bench is nonsense.

His quality you can definitely fit him in. Inverted winger, false 9 - two positions he is more than capable of playing in our 3-4-3. Even more positions in our 4-3-3.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
If we're making a Top 5 players of the Emirates era, I'd make a case that Bacary Sagna should be at least in the conversation, he's a dark horse contender that get's overlooked . For longevity and consistency he's above most of the attacking / flair players that will be on most lists.
Sagna was very solid and consistent defensively. But you don’t want to see him trying to cross the ball.

When he is in those situations, I always shout in my mind “please don’t cross, make a short pass instead.”......And then I realise he has walcott next to him. :facepalm:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Agree with Cesc tbh. RVP for that year and a half was footballing Jesus.

Dragged one of the worst teams I’ve ever seen to third ahead of Bale, Modric and van de Vaart.

For me it’s probably:

1) RvP
2) Fabregas
3) Alexis
4) Özil
5) Cazorla

I love RVP if it was for not than just one season he probably would be top. This is Blasphemy but I reckon the ball moved quicker with Arteta,Song and Rosicky than it did when Cesc was around. Taking 2nd half of that season.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I love RVP if it was for not than just one season he probably would be top. This is Blasphemy but I reckon the ball moved quicker with Arteta,Song and Rosicky than it did when Cesc was around. Taking 2nd half of that season.

2nd half of 11/10 he was disgusting as well.

Basically once he’d sorted his injuries out he had 2 and a half years as probably the best striker in world football before his body gave in again.

The timeline is so frustrating because if you put him in that 2013/14 side we maybe get over the line and win the title.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The 2011/2012 and 2012/2013 were the only seasons I felt Arsenal were under serious threat of losing Champions League football at the Emirates, before we actually did lose it in 2017.

Look at those 2 seasons it's quite funny...

In 11/12...we had the best player out of all the players at Arsenal and Sp**s that season, Van Persie, but Tottenham had the better overall team...but we finished with Champions League and they didn't.

In 12/13...we had the better overall team, but Sp**s had the best player out of the 2 squads that year in Bale...but we finished with Champions League and they didn't.

Always look back and smile, that in both scenarios, we still won :lol:

I thought we’d bottled the CL that random year when Martin O’Neil’s Villa were in the top four for ages.

Think Wenger had to sign Arshavin in January to get us over the line. 2013/14 after we fell apart mid season we nearly lost out to Everton.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

2nd half of 11/10 he was disgusting as well.

Basically once he’d sorted his injuries out he had 2 and a half years as probably the best striker in world football before his body gave in again.

The timeline is so frustrating because if you put him in that 2013/14 side we maybe get over the line and win the title.

13/14 and 15/16 as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom