• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best Player of the Emirates Era

Who do you consider to be the best player post Highbury?

• Total voters

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Nasri
Fabregas
Sanchez
Cazorla
Van Persie

Hleb
Rosicky
Arshavin
Gnabry
Vela

Martinelli
Saka
Willian
Pepe
Partey

Ceballos
Benayoun

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Based on talent:
RvP
Cesc
Cazorla
Özil

Based on results and team performance:
Alexis
Özil
Cazorla
Ramsey

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Talent alone Özil followed by Van Persie and Wilshere.

Performance-wise (and the nicest of the lot to boot) Cazorla.

Fabregas was slightly over-rated. Sanchez had incredible figures but tailed off and wasn't a team player.

Last edited:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Favourites - Cazorla, Hleb, Wilshere, Ramsey
Best in order - Fabregas, Van Persie, Sanchez

TinFish

Santi Cazorla was the best player of the emirates era.
Cesc was better.... jesus watch some highlights.

If Cesc left more gracefully we would all be wanking over him to this day.

Don't let your emotions cloud your judgement.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Cesc and I'd say quite easily for impact, probably for ability as well although Van Judy's would have something to say about that.

1. Cesc
2. Judas
3. Santi

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Talent?

Özil - even if he only showed it for a season then rarley a flash here or there).
Fabregas - his prime for us is so underrated .
RVP - exceptional last season with us.
Alexis

Our most consistent good peformers and most influential:

Fabregas
Santi
Alexis
Kos
Per
Sagna
Rosicky

Without a doubt my vote goes to Cesc.

Last edited:

TinFish

I think a lot of posters here are a generation younger than me. I'm 30, but grew up watching Fabregas play. The Fabregas at Arsenal was the best midfielder in the Premier league at the time. Him leaving ultimately affected his career - if he stayed at Arsenal and played consistently at the same standard he would have been up there as the Premier League greatest midfielder.

I'm not too sure why Özil and yes even Santi get mentioned alongside him?

I had a quick scan of his highlights but they seem to be crap and poor quality. Nevertheless give these a watch:

Second video at 3:27 can you see Özil doing that?

Fabregas did everything that Özil could do plus more. People criticise Özil's work rate - a 'luxury player' is often branded about.

Fabregas had the eye for an assist yet also a great workrate and if you pay close attention he also had a decent tackle in him too. Tracking back to retain possession or to simply hassle the opposition was one of his underrated strengths! He literally "takes the game by the scruff of the neck."

Santi was a great player, but again Fabregas offered more overall.
RVP was also a great player, but peaked relatively late. Fabregas was doing this since his teens.

Just a shame that peoples emotions get in the way of judgement. When we look at the player objectively and rationally - he is by far the best during the Emirates era and I can't see anyone surpassing this anytime soon.

PS: Oh BTW, Cesc is a gooner. He still watches every Arsenal game. His latest Instagram story he's watching our dire Europa match.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I think a lot of posters here are a generation younger than me. I'm 30, but grew up watching Fabregas play. The Fabregas at Arsenal was the best midfielder in the Premier league at the time. Him leaving ultimately affected his career - if he stayed at Arsenal and played consistently at the same standard he would have been up there as the Premier League greatest midfielder.

I'm not too sure why Özil and yes even Santi get mentioned alongside him?

I had a quick scan of his highlights but they seem to be crap and poor quality. Nevertheless give these a watch:

Second video at 3:27 can you see Özil doing that?

Fabregas did everything that Özil could do plus more. People criticise Özil's work rate - a 'luxury player' is often branded about.

Fabregas had the eye for an assist yet also a great workrate and if you pay close attention he also had a decent tackle in him too. Tracking back to retain possession or to simply hassle the opposition was one of his underrated strengths! He literally "takes the game by the scruff of the neck."

Santi was a great player, but again Fabregas offered more overall.
RVP was also a great player, but peaked relatively late. Fabregas was doing this since his teens.

Just a shame that peoples emotions get in the way of judgement. When we look at the player objectively and rationally - he is by far the best during the Emirates era and I can't see anyone surpassing this anytime soon.

PS: Oh BTW, Cesc is a gooner. He still watches every Arsenal game. His latest Instagram story he's watching our dire Europa match.
That Santi freekick in the FA cup final. Cometh the hour, Santi stepped up.

Santi, Per and Ramsey for me

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Sanchez would’ve been half the player if Özil wasn’t here.
imagine the level of man management skills to get the best out of Özil and Sanchez and RVP .. and now they cant even get manage to solve one piddly issue

Latest posts+

Top Bottom