• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I thought we’d bottled the CL that random year when Martin O’Neil’s Villa we’re in the top four for ages.

Think Wenger had to sign Arshavin in January to get us over the line. 2013/14 after we fell apart mid season we nearly lost out to Everton.

Forgot about Villa, luckily they fell apart as the season got to the end, that was a close one...Always thought we would finish ahead of Everton, I like Roberto Martinez but I couldn't really take a side he manages too seriously.

Talking just Emirates era here, when top four was our aim...but I was ****ting myself in 05/06 at the thought of finishing behind Sp**s though!

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
How have we ended up in this clusterfvck?

Agree the Arsenal board and DFB made massive screw ups here. But Özil must also bear responsibility with some of the choices and decisions he has made to get to this point.

Hopefully this is something we can all agree in principle, although we could argue into the night apportioning percentages of the blame.

Personally I believe his martyrdom has been vastly over inflated.

Riou

How Özil sees himself...

How pretty much everyone else in the world sees Özil...

tumblr_mklocfn9841r3anrjo1_500.gif

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Özil with strong message via Instagram basically he don't understand why he been not registered after the loyalty he show in his time here specially after signing new contract

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I find this all a bit weird. Did the club not say "we aren't going to register you to play in PL or EL so suggest you find a move somewhere else"??

What communication has gone on. Bizarre because the club want to shift him so surely they'd make it clear he won't play

TinFish

@American_Gooner

The man has spoken...

...if this gimp is backing Cesc, then I think it confirms that Mes is better.
You are either a kid or a troll.

Cesc was comfortably better than Mesut at the Emirates. I'd go on to say he was our best player during the Emirates period so far.

Go watch some youtube on him to shake up your brain a bit - growing up young Cesc was insane and virtually carried the team until RVP peaked for us.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
we did that because we afraid of losing alot of money from China sponsors? Last phrase from mesut could suggest that

Riou

It's not the China thing, it's because we are saving around £100,000 a week by not naming him in the squad...think that's just Mes trying to save face a little.

Özil's China views are a bit murky now, after his views on the Armenia situation.

Keplaz

It can't just be the China thing. Arsenal very swiftly distanced themselves from his opinion and he still played.

I think it played a part but not in isolation. Something else has happened I think. Something which I'm sure will come out later.

Arsenal still have to pay him so it would make sense to still play him. He can't be earning that much more in bonuses. I also suspect Özil's statement was preprepared after the EFL omission.

He would have know then that he wouldn't be registered for the PL. I'm sure he also knew he wasn't going to play. Arsenal have messed this up royally but I still believe both parties have played a part here.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Özil with strong message via Instagram basically he don't understand why he been not registered after the loyalty he show in his time here specially after signing new contract
I doubt that you have to be Einstein to understand that the club doesn't want you here... His team is just targeting a couple of pathetic social media shares and likes from idiots who follow him. If he wanted to play football, he could've gone in the summer, but that's not what he wanted.

elemoo

I mean, tbf before lockdown, he was playing better than anyone we have in midfield now.

Also, imagine if he was playing well and decided to leave? Fans would be calling him out for not honouring his contract and being a judas/alexis 2.0 etc.... but when we want him to leave, suddenly he shouldn't honour his contract to please us? lol

Honest question: would any of you leave your job right now for a pay cut, whilst having to move your family to a new city/country (esp during Covid), if you knew you could stay in your fave city, keep your wife and child happy, and get paid so much more even if you don't work (imagine your company tells you if you see out your contract you get £££ bonuses)... and it also means you have 9 months to plan out your next move?!

Personaly I think Özil is doing what most of us would do in a similar position.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
It's not the China thing, it's because we are saving around £100,000 a week by not naming him in the squad...think that's just Mes trying to save face a little.

Özil's China views are a bit murky now, after his views on the Armenia situation.
He'll always defend his guy erdogan no matter what and stand with turkey. Özil shouldn't talk politics its dangerous game and that what will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom