• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Read my post. I'm talking specifically about 100kpw just to be named in the squad. That is extreme even in this climate.

Dc7cVhDWsAA76sR

Take this for example. The closest thing I can find is Alexis getting 75k a week for every start and that's United. Closest thing at Arsenal is Auba getting 50k for every start that we win. I'm finding it very hard to believe that Özil is getting 100k for every match he's named in the squad.
But its quite likely he is getting money per appearance? Not 100k but closer to Auba (less or more we dont know), thats how massive contracts are usually done.

gamechannel

Stupid move by Özil. Should have kept his hole shut. By putting out that statement, he has lost all leverage of having public sympathy on his side. Also, gives another needless chance to the club to further malign him - not like they haven't done their best for the past 3 years.

As for the statement, If I'm just reading the statement on face value, seems like 2 things happened: Arteta didn't inform Özil in advance that he won't be registered and kept parroting the same old line that he will have an equal chance of making the squad provided he keeps training only to tell him on the day of that he will not be registered. Or once the financial impact of covid lockdown was felt, Arsenal decided that the extra commercial revenue from China cannot be ignored and decided to axe him so that the financial losses could be somewhat compensated for.

I have a feeling the truth is somewhere in the middle of Arsenals position and Özil's statement. Both parties are responsible for this situation and both parties have lost. Arteta might think hesvOK without Özil but if the dire football continues and we start losing games, the fickle Arsenal fans who are praising him today will turn on him quicker than he can say "Tactical Reasons"..

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Stupid move by Özil. Should have kept his hole shut. By putting out that statement, he has lost all leverage of having public sympathy on his side. Also, gives another needless chance to the club to further malign him - not like they haven't done their best for the past 3 years.

Maybe he’s warming up for some legal action?

Nothing is off the table at this point of degradation.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Its so clever, his PR team found an amazing way to make people wonder. I love how they added it right at the end to make it seem like it was the China ****.

He played after that, and he stopped playing for us after lockdown when we asked for a pay cut. He is quite clearly getting a bonus per game otherwise we would have avoided all this press and be playing him in cup games and EL games. End of discussion.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
People blame the club for this like they have just completely bullied the guy for no reason and ruined his career and Arsenal legacy.

Get a grip you stupid ***** theres no smoke without fire. Both parties have made silly mistakes.

gamechannel

Maybe he’s warming up for some legal action?

Nothing is off the table at this point of degradation.

Naah. I think the club have played this perfectly from a legal stand point. Hes still training with the first team, they have consistently maintained that its a tactical decision or that he's not training hard or they're picking players who are best suited for certain matches. Theres nothing illegal about it and doesn't open the club to any legal scrutiny.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
We were led to believe that Arteta was behind telling the players about the pay cuts and wanting everyone to buy in so being that it's Özil and Sokratis not in the 25 man squad I'm starting think that is the reason behind neither of them being selected.
Özil was a regular starter pre lockdown and Sokratis played a number of games at right back and was always in the squad until then.
In my opinion though Özil hasn't helped his case by constantly using social media to undermine the management during this.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
People blame the club for this like they have just completely bullied the guy for no reason and ruined his career and Arsenal legacy.

Get a grip you stupid ***** theres no smoke without fire. Both parties have made silly mistakes.
no the stupid racist ****s need to understand that there is a power asymmetry and all these cliches of "he asked for it" are stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom