• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.9%
  • Saliba

Votes: 240 84.2%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
In all fairness we expected to loan him out to St Etienne again but admin flopped - which is common knowledge.

Then we planned to loan him out to a championship club and interviewed a number of clubs extensively who were actually very interested in taking him.

In the end - we wasn’t convinced and it was decided he was better off training here and staying with the squad until January. Source - Charles Watts.

The optics aren’t great? But I think the club are being very careful with him and considering he was largely viewed as our saviour for CB it was a very good call. No way he was going to live up to all of that no matter how good he is.

I don't think anyone viewed him as a saviour for CB that's just an exaggeration, people thought we got an elite young talent that would turn world class. I'm pretty sure we all thought he'd be good enough to play Europa at least though, he was starting for St Etienne.

This idea we have to protect him from the fans is so silly, he isn't playing because Arteta doesn't think he's good enough not to protect him from anything. Not even being registered in the Europa squad was disappointing.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

This idea we have to protect him from the fans is so silly, he isn't playing because Arteta doesn't think he's good enough not to protect him from anything. Not even being registered in the Europa squad was disappointing.
It's not silly, look at our player threads not named Tierney, our fans are not the most reasonable at all. If this guy made mistakes, most posters on here would be confused and write him off immediately.

No, not crying over Pepe - he is not working out but he is older and a lot more aloof and can probably handle it all a bit better.

In the original Saliba thread a lot of people fully expected this 19 year old to come in and start. The expectations were very high and unrealistic.

I am very confident that the only reason he wasn't registered is because we fully expected him to go on loan which I tried to explain in my previous post. I don't think its cause he is stinking up training but who knows.

BigPoppaPump

It's not silly, look at our player threads not named Tierney, our fans are not the most reasonable at all. If this guy made mistakes, most posters on here would be confused and write him off immediately.

No, not crying over Pepe - he is not working out but he is older and a lot more aloof and can probably handle it all a bit better.

In the original Saliba thread a lot of people fully expected this 19 year old to come in and start. The expectations were very high and unrealistic.

I am very confident that the only reason he wasn't registered is because we fully expected him to go on loan which I tried to explain in my previous post. I don't think its cause he is stinking up training but who knows.

If Arteta is choosing his team based on Arsenamania's opinions then it's hopeless we might as well all quit right now.

He isn't playing because Arteta doesn't think he's up to it, I doubt it has to do with fans expectations, no one really expects a 19 year old to be a first team regular but I think it's fair to expect to him play at least after he was starting for St Etienne and we paid 35m for him.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He should be playing tonight. The clubs decision to omit him is absolutely criminal.

Outside of u23 games and Carabao Cup matches, I don't see where Saliba starts. He must be looking at Fofana at Leicester and be thinking 'What the ****?'.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Not selecting him for Europa makes no sense.. Those games are easier than what he's used to playing, he can't be that far away surely.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He should be playing tonight. The clubs decision to omit him is absolutely criminal.

Outside of u23 games and Carabao Cup matches, I don't see where Saliba starts. He must be looking at Fofana at Leicester and be thinking 'What the ****?'.
They thought he was going on loan though until the very last minute :lol:

Am I missing something here? Why don't people get this

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
You could play CB in the EL, it’s pub football :rofl:

I'm allergic to defending mate :lol:

Seriously though, this is going to end up a wasted year for him, what a shame.. from his interviews it looked like he was aiming for a starting position this season, to end up just playing u-23 football must be hard to take.

Reactions: A_G

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Not selecting him for Europa makes no sense.. Those games are easier than what he's used to playing, he can't be that far away surely.
Will Arteta ever address this bizarre decision.

Seems like Park signibg right now.

BigPoppaPump

I'm allergic to defending mate :lol:

Seriously though, this is going to end up a wasted year for him, what a shame.. from his interviews it looked like he was aiming for a starting position this season, to end up just playing u-23 football must be hard to take.

Exactly, people keep telling me playing him would be bad for his confidence because of fans expectations. Surely going from playing in the first team to u23 is even worse?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I watched one full game of Saliba's last season in a 1-0 win over Lyon in the league and he looked outstanding. Can't say I've seen anymore of him than that but for young defender to be starting every week in a top European league is quite unusual without there being something about him.

Very strange that he isn't being used in these group games to get experience.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

So.. we spent 27 million on a player whos not ready for first team football.. what are we? Barcelona or Bayern?
He was always for the future.

He missed a year of football due to injury, personal reasons and French league ending early last season.

He probably would have been ready for our cup games if things went smoother.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom