• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bac backing the beef... I think?

Yeah all this talk of loyalty seems so 1980s in football

I'm sure if Bayern came 3 years into Ozils time here and offered £80m and him a starting spot and £250k contract he'd have taken it and the club would have been fine about it. It's not loyalty if you need £350k a week to be loyal.

This is not to say Özil is bad in anyway but come on bro there's no loyalty.

scytheavatar

Established Member
What did you want Wenger or Emery to do? Once he’s got that contract he’s not leaving. Just like Auba, Willian, Mari or Cedric now. If they don’t pay off, they aren’t leaving either, and I’m sure Willian, Mari or Cedric are not paying off.

Wenger could have, you know, told the club not to pay Özil 350k per week cause he in no shape or form deserved it. Hard to believe Kroenke would have still given Özil that contract if it didn't have Wenger's stamp of approval.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Jack chining in

Özil could be playing right now if he wanted to though. Just not here. He's chosen other things over football. London feels like home to him and he has chosen family and life outside football over anything else.

I respect that because all that will be around long after he retires. He should just accept his choice and not release statements.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Manz tryna explain their Özil-gate theories like..

tumblr_p0de19fN3a1wrraimo1_400.gifv

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

He could be playing somewhere if he really wanted to. He chose to dig his heels in because he'd prefer money over playing time. He made his bed and now he can sleep in it. Nobody with any sense is shedding a tear for a pampered diva earning 350k a week to do less than a reserve player. If he'd put half the effort into fighting on the pitch that he does into fighting PR battles, he'd have multiple Balons d'Or.

Oh_Snap

Honors his contract: leech
Leave for rival or when club is in crisis: snake

Bac is right tho, Mesut is very naive to believe in loyality in this industry.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I am a bit surprised at the reaction so many chiming in like this
People know more than what they are saying, but not saying it.

Our execs look a bit stupid, but this is the KSE way, say nothing it will go away. Doesn't Arteta have a presser today for Europa?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

People know more than what they are saying, but not saying it.

Our execs look a bit stupid, but this is the KSE way, say nothing it will go away. Doesn't Arteta have a presser today for Europa?

Yeah he does actually.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I mean you could go down the 'Özil PR route' and just assume he's been a bad professional and fallen foul of a tougher regime, and this is him protecting his public image.

Or maybe the club we support might actually be capable of d*ckheadedness, just a possibility. I mean i'm sure there are nice individuals there, but this is the same club that sacked a dinosaur and has cut off ties completely with its greatest ever manager. It might just be possible that they're not whiter than white.

Both variants are plausible tbh.
That's all I want people to acknowledge.

I (obviously) sit on the side of good business tends to be ruthless business and I don't exclude Arsenal from that. Reckon we have some real scumbags working for Arsenal plc but that's just my opinion.

People ignore everything Özil says (despite him being the only person actually saying something) and paint it as PR, refusing to acknowledge the possibility that maybe he is simply defending himself?

Reactions: A_G

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The only people backing Mes are other incredibly rich footballers, interesting...they claim to love the game so much, yet they would never play for free.

He's my boy, but will be celebrating when he leaves...he brings so much unneeded negativity towards the club really.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
That's all I want people to acknowledge.

I (obviously) sit on the side of good business tends to be ruthless business and I don't exclude Arsenal from that. Reckon we have some real scumbags working for Arsenal plc but that's just my opinion.

People ignore everything Özil says (despite him being the only person actually saying something) and paint it as PR, refusing to acknowledge the possibility that maybe he is simply defending himself?
Maybe this is what fans expect from him:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

But its quite likely he is getting money per appearance? Not 100k but closer to Auba (less or more we dont know), thats how massive contracts are usually done.
Yeah but 100k per bench appearance? Closest we see at Arsenal is 50k per start and win.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The only people backing Mes are other incredibly rich footballers, interesting...they claim to love the game so much, yet they would never play for free.

He's my boy, but will be celebrating when he leaves...he brings so much unneeded negativity towards the club really.
I agree and feel the same way. It's not been worth it for a couple years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom