• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Imagine being Sokratis. He was dumped like Özil but no one talks about him.
4jbys7.jpg

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

They cancelled broadcasting our match against Man City and removed him from Fifa games over there instantly tbh.

After the club distanced themselves from his views Arsenal were back (I think). Don’t have articles to hand but I also don’t think it’s China gate tbh.

Bellerin hashtagged f*ck Boris, club didn’t blink. Scared to bring up politics cause of the unhinged in here but yeah. I think it’s something else as to why he’s not playing.
They removed him from FIFA? How is that even possible. :lol::lol:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Not fake news, just facts bro.

- Was sold at Real because they felt he could be improved upon, and they did.
- Was criticized at the German NT for poor performances. The German FA apologized for their handling of the racist abuse he received for supporting Erdogan.
- Was made a captain by Emery then dropped.
- Was played by Arteta then dropped.

I find it odd that Özil's supporters can't separate criticism for his on field performances from repercussions for his off field statements. But to be honest, nothing surprises me anymore. From his supporters and the man himself.
What does Real wanting to improve the squad have to be with him being an asshole? Now you want to talk about on the pitch performances? Are you okay? You literally suggested that there was something wrong with him as a person.

You can’t just shift the goalposts like that and expect me to read the rest of your post.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

They removed him from FIFA? How is that even possible. :lol::lol:
A mobile game version of FIFA in China.

The also didn’t mention his name in commentary when he was playing for us when Arteta first came. I’m not over there obviously, this is just what I’ve read.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Well said Ian, ridiculous state of affairs. No one can tell me Özil doesn't even deserve a place in the squad, even if not on the bench or the team most of the time.

There's politics going on here, whatever Arteta says. No idea what it is and can't be arsed to write endless essays speculating like half of AM.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So basically have to take Arteta’s word for it that he found everybody in the 25 man squad more useful than Özil.

Same Özil who even in average form ranked in the top four in our squad for all creative metrics.

Alright Mikel. It’s your funeral. :lol:

Mikel has to look at the totality of including him or playing him, not just chances created even if he is "in top 4".

Even Wenger has said that Özil kind of players are not very good in modern football.

gamechannel

So basically have to take Arteta’s word for it that he found everybody in the 25 man squad more useful than Özil.

Same Özil who even in average form ranked in the top four in our squad for all creative metrics.

Alright Mikel. It’s your funeral. :lol:

I'm glad he's said this. And I'm glad he's clarified.

It's his decision and he has to face the consequences if the team struggles and doesn't create consistently. But I support his clear statement.

Dj_sds -

What does Real wanting to improve the squad have to be with him being an asshole? Now you want to talk about on the pitch performances? Are you okay? You literally suggested that there was something wrong with him as a person.

You can’t just shift the goalposts like that and expect me to read the rest of your post.

The quote was not meant to be taken literally. What I was alluding to was the fact that he has been criticized for his performances at all the teams he's played for in the last decade. Yet he keeps on playing the victim, even though the only common denominator is Özil himself.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Mikel has to look at the totality of including him or playing him, not just chances created even if he is "in top 4".

Even Wenger has said that Özil kind of players are not very good in modern football.
Mate. There’s no way I believe that it’s purely a footballing decision. Okay Willock might run more but can he do even 10% of what Özil can with the ball? Anyway like Trax said, no point of speculating endlessly.

Arteta can live and die by what he’s said, will be fun to watch us create 2 chances a game.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
The quote was not meant to be taken literally. What I was alluding to was the fact that he has been criticized for his performances at all the teams he's played for in the last decade. Yet he keeps on playing the victim, even though the only common denominator is Özil himself.
yeah yeah we heard u the first time .. put a sock in it

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's terrible that Mikel inherited this mess, if it's entirely football related then you have to credit him for having the balls to do this. You shouldn't be forced to select someone just because of past reputation or how much they earn.
Let's not forget Pep walked straight into Barcelona and binned Ronaldinho and Deco, two of their star men because he didn't believe they could contribute what he wanted which was total commitment, high intensity and a great work ethic. In terms of ability both would arguably be the first names on the teamsheet.
Sometimes you have to make these bold decisions and perhaps Mikel just doesn't think Özil contributes enough in all aspects, and it's not as of his assists are enough to mask other areas where he falls short because those have dried up. And we don't even play with a number 10 anymore so it's not as if someone's came in to fill his shoes or whatever. Mikel would essentially just be selecting Özil on the off chance that at some stage he might want to play with a 10 and be content with all the limitations that comes with playing Özil. Arteta clearly isn't the type of coach that is gonna accommodate a luxury player. He's even out our best striker and best player out wide because he feels it's more beneficial to the team. The days of a coach going out of their way tool accommodate a single player seem to be long gone, especially the current Özil, maybe for 2016 Özil he'd make an exception but not now.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Mate. There’s no way I believe that it’s purely a footballing decision. Okay Willock might run more but can he do even 10% of what Özil can with the ball? Anyway like Trax said, no point of speculating endlessly.

Arteta can live and die by what he’s said, will be fun to watch us create 2 chances a game.

I don't either, I have said many times it is likely a result of many things. But surely it is a footballing decision too as Arteta is interested in winning and keeping his job.

In the past I said if Willock gives in totality similar performances as Özil (which he did then) I would always play Willock who is young own product.

This time I will say that if Saka or ESR give similar total performances, I say Özil has no place in the squad. Especially if he has those performance bonuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom